10-49 Bracket fairer than 50's bracket??

Delavager

At level 10, on 4 different classes (ie, all of them) i top damage or healing (or both) and killing blows in every single warzone I've ever joined in the 10-49 bracket. I can easily beat 40's+ in a 1v1. It has nothing to do with beating up on lowbies as a 40+ for me. The bracket is just better. There's less burst, less consumable stacking, less relic swapping and abuse, and you don't require a premade to be somewhat effective like the 50 brackets which 75% of the games are composed of at least one premade per side.

Also, and the main reason people don't want to join the 50 bracket, is because of the absolutely massive gear differences. A fresh level 50 has no chance at all against a player in even full centurion gear (battlemaster geared players can literally solo three fresh 50's that have a mix of green scrub leveling gear). That combined with the fact that getting gear is 100% luck based and it could literally take weeks or months to even become competitive. I don't want to get farmed by terrible players that simply have a gear advantage over me for 1-2 months until i have comparable gear.

You're seriously the most ignorant poster i've ever seen. Well, you and the fan boys that think this game is actually good.

im pretty sure that the "Terrible" players would be those that are too scared to enter the 50s bracket to fight against the people who spend A LOT MORE TIME actually pvping.

fun story though. how you pretend you good because you are scared to fight level 50s.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the primary reason people are happy is because all the best geared and most talented players left the bracket. A level 49 premade would dominate you just as hard but level 49 premades don't exist.

There definitely are premades. They may not be all level 49. If they are, they'll not play that many matches of course since they'll eventually hit 50.

However, level 49 premades would by definition not be comprised of talented players. Talented players don't require a gear and level advantage to dominate their opponents. Really talented players will dominate you in a level 20 premade.

Yes, having closer capped brackets makes better sense, but the plain obvious response is:

While the difference between 10 and 49 can be very large, the difference between 30 and 49 is fairly insignificant.

If you are pvping at level 10, you are pretty much lazy. It never even crossed my mind to que for PVP until 20 and that was very few hours into the game.

With all the major problems going on with the game, its a miracle they even added a 50's bracket.

Yes need more brackets for more balanced gameplay, but NEED more content and features overall before things of this level are even considered.

im pretty sure that the "Terrible" players would be those that are too scared to enter the 50s bracket to fight against the people who spend A LOT MORE TIME actually pvping.

fun story though. how you pretend you good because you are scared to fight level 50s.

Speak for yourself. I have 120+ valor ranks across my three main characters. All I ever do is pvp, I just prefer doing it on my lower level ones because pvp at 50 feels pointless.

That's the whole point. 10-49 isn't more fair, it just takes less time to become viable.

So at 27 killing a lvl 40 cause I used my skills happens. But at 50 I can go through a whole rotation and maybe take off 25% health and then proceed to get 4 shot. Pettle your snake oil else where. I have no problems on any toon I have except my 50. they range from 16-38 and will be near the top at all times. My 50 is at the top in deaths only. That in epics and blues with 1 champ piece. The lower bracket is about as balanced as pvp will ever get. Thats why people are happy.

If you are pvping at level 10, you are pretty much lazy. It never even crossed my mind to que for PVP until 20 and that was very few hours into the game.

I'd make the opposite argument. Ok, maybe leveling from 10 to 15 in pvp isn't the best idea. However, in general, I'm all for pvping as early as possible if you're interested in pvp at all. There is no better way to learn a class than doing it one skill at a time. There is nothing worse than a high level player who never learned to play his class in pvp because he started at level 50 and now lacks any clue whatsoever as to how his character works in typical pvp situations, how other people will try to counter him, how he can counter them and so forth.

I have a level 50, i do the same thing in the 50 bracket as i claim to do in 'my story' in the lowbie bracket. Doesn't mean it's fun though. Level 50 pvp isn't fun. It's just a damage zerg fest (or the opposite, with tank/healer stacking) where people use adrenals and relics stacked together to instantly global another player. I do the same because that's the state of level 50 pvp, use cooldowns to zerg another players that already used their cooldowns so they die instantly. It's also not fun for me to instantly kill three fresh level 50's in a 3v1 situation where they have no chance at all. All three of them could be the best players to ever touch a game, but because of JUST my gear i can run around 2-3 shotting all of them.

Lol you fail. I just proved, very solidly that the bracket is unfair.

The reason you do so well in the 10-49 bracket is because MOST players in that bracket...wait for it...SUCK! The "MASSIVE GEAR DIFFERENCES" in the level 50's bracket is NOTHING compared to the MASSIVE SKILL AND ABILITY differences in the 10-49 bracket.

To not see this is to be completely ignorant yourself.

A fresh 50 would be lucky to have 50 expertise going up against ppl who have over 400 expertise. This one trait alone affect the damage they do, damage they receive, and healing they receive/do. When I have a 5% bonus to PvP from expertise versus someone who has 15% bonus to PvP in expertise, regardless of skill, guess who is going to win. Oh right not me. Those with full battlemasters/champion should play those with full battlemasters/champion, not fresh 50s who are still working on their quest line. It's a pretty broken system in terms of fairness and balance. Reward those people who consistently play hours a day of grinding commendations and screw over the majority of the people who only have 2 hrs a day to play. Really needs more looking at. I would argue that expertise plays too much of a role in determining who wins a warzone.

So basically you like being king of the scubs.

Compared to what? Elite BMs? The only people impressed by BMs are themselves. You could write a paper on how you did it "legit" and how you're hardcore-PvP, but the only thing people think of is pre-1.1 farming and Illum kill trading. Why would anyone want to strive to be better in a system they don't even respect?

Edited by BDutch

A fresh 50 would be lucky to have 50 expertise going up against ppl who have over 400 expertise. This one trait alone affect the damage they do, damage they receive, and healing they receive/do. When I have a 5% bonus to PvP from expertise versus someone who has 15% bonus to PvP in expertise, regardless of skill, guess who is going to win. Oh right not me. Those with full battlemasters/champion should play those with full battlemasters/champion, not fresh 50s who are still working on their quest line. It's a pretty broken system in terms of fairness and balance. Reward those people who consistently play hours a day of grinding commendations and screw over the majority of the people who only have 2 hrs a day to play. Really needs more looking at. I would argue that expertise plays too much of a role in determining who wins a warzone.

Everyone likes to talk about the fresh 50, but what about his 7 other teammates? Chances are they're going to have expertise as well. So while the new comer may not be able to enter hero mode, it's still an objective based warzone system and not TDM.

No one is getting screwed over. People are getting rewarded for putting in the time. If you only have 2 hours a day to play, you'll get rewarded too. It will just take longer.

50s are really really mad we are enjoying the bracket so much because they have long queues and no one is playing with them.

Blame BW...don't try to convince us we are not having fun.

It isn't about what it fun or not. People have different definitions of fun, it is whether it is fair or not. People keep comparing BM geared players against newly dinged 50s, and thus the comparison has to be between level 10 players and level 49 players. Level 49 players have a huge advantage in that situation. Sure when people gain more levels it evens out a bit, but the same thing happens when you get more gear in the 50 bracket. It isn't that hard to get gear at 50, sure you can have a bit of bad luck, but it doesn't last that long. The difference between Champion and BM is small.

Edited by Bnol

Besides, the fact that end-game gear is 100% RNG based makes it so players don't even want to attempt to gear up just to be competitive with the bads that farmed lowbies in the 1-50 bracket initially. I literally opened 25 bags and didn't get a single piece of gear when i first hit 50. So there's no way to judge how long or how much work it will take to finally have gear comparable to the other scrubby players that just happen to out-gear you. I've seen countless "battlemasters" with full BM gear just S-key for 15+ seconds without hitting a single ability, Keyboard turning all over the place, then suddenly they get a 7k crit on someone and pretty much two-shot them. This game is 100% gear-based at the end-game, whereas in the lowbie bracket it's largely skill-based.

Those with full battlemasters/champion should play those with full battlemasters/champion, not fresh 50s who are still working on their quest line.

One idea I think might work is having separate queues for different tiers of gear you want to earn.

As in, new 50ies queue up for centurion gear and play against other players who need centurion gear. Once they feel sufficiently confident they can queue up for champion gear and play against other players who also feel they're ready for that. And so on.

People keep comparing BM geared players against newly dinged 50s, and thus the comparison has to be between level 10 players and level 49 players.

I don't think so. It takes you all of one day to level from 10 to 20 and another day to get at least close to 30. It takes you weeks to get full champion gear, and you may or may not be nowhere near BM gear because of the valor requirement.

If any level 10 player feels underpowered in warzones he can choose to come back one day later and not be underpowered, a fresh 50 doesn't have that kind of choice.

It isn't about what it fun or not. People have different definitions of fun, it is whether it is fair or not. People keep comparing BM geared players against newly dinged 50s, and thus the comparison has to be between level 10 players and level 49 players. Level 49 players have a huge advantage in that situation. Sure when people gain more levels it evens out a bit, but the same thing happens when you get more gear in the 50 bracket. It isn't that hard to get gear at 50, sure you can have a bit of bad luck, but it doesn't last that long. The difference between Champion and BM is small.

Except to gain more levels to compete in the lower bracket you don't have to do it via prostrating yourself for other players. Feel wimpy at 10? Go do some PvE and come back later. Feel wimpy at 50? Bend over and pay your dues. Even PvE is more appealing than bad PvP.

One idea I think might work is having separate queues for different tiers of gear you want to earn.

As in, new 50ies queue up for centurion gear and play against other players who need centurion gear. Once they feel sufficiently confident they can queue up for champion gear and play against other players who also feel they're ready for that. And so on.

That wouldn't work presently because Bioware moronically didn't include cross-server queues. And for the all the fan-boys that think this is a bad thing, bioware already said they plan to add cross-server queues eventually so the only reason it's not in the game right now is because this game was rushed and almost nothing noteworthy has been included at launch. RP servers should have server only queues, Pve server maybe too, but all the PvP servers should all be linked together. And then it matches up players based on gear-level rather than just player-level. So fresh 50's play against fresh 50's until they have half centurion gear, then they move up the next bracket, etc.

Edited by SeanPoe

I don't think so. It takes you all of one day to level from 10 to 20 and another day to get at least close to 30. It takes you weeks to get full champion gear, and you may or may not be nowhere near BM gear because of the valor requirement.

If any level 10 player feels underpowered in warzones he can choose to come back one day later and not be underpowered, a fresh 50 doesn't have that kind of choice.

I will agree that it is quicker to get to around 20-30, than it is to get fully geared in Champion gear. However, it doesn't take that long to get geared in this game, you can also do dailies to get epic mods/armoring/enhancements to improve your gear. You do not have to be full Champion geared to be competitive.

Except to gain more levels to compete in the lower bracket you don't have to do it via prostrating yourself for other players. Feel wimpy at 10? Go do some PvE and come back later. Feel wimpy at 50? Bend over and pay your dues. Even PvE is more appealing than bad PvP.

You can PVE and improve your gear, the PVE gear will have more endurance and primary stats than the equal PVP gear, and thus you aren't at a huge disadvantage. Every single day you can do dailies to improve your gear to 49 epics. Do those dailies and the PVP dailies and you will rapidly improve your gear.

You're seriously the most ignorant poster i've ever seen. Well, you and the fan boys that think this game is actually good.

You honestly believe the discrepancy between a level 49 in full purples going against a level 10 who doesn't even have 95% of their abilities, gear for most of their slots, relics, etc... is smaller than the discrepancy between a level 50 "fresh" and a battlemaster?

Really? Really? This is the point we've reached?

People are being idiotic with the "expertise is overpowered" and "OMG they outgear me" nonsense. You get destroyed as a fresh 50 because you go against people who PVP 8+ hours a day and are good at it, in addition to being geared. In the 1 ~ 49 bracket, most people are not dedicated PVPers, they're doing the daily for EXP and maybe just learning the game.

I will agree that it is quicker to get to around 20-30, than it is to get fully geared in Champion gear. However, it doesn't take that long to get geared in this game, you can also do dailies to get epic mods/armoring/enhancements to improve your gear. You do not have to be full Champion geared to be competitive.

Only if you're lucky. Some people have opened 50+ bags and still have only 2 pieces of champion gear. I personally opened probably 200 bags before i had a full set of champion gear. At 22 bags per week from dailies/weekly quests, it could take up to 9 weeks to get a full set of gear if you don't grind WZ for commendations. I'm sure other people are even more unlucky than this too. It's not like in other games where you know after X-amount of warzones you will get a piece of gear, that's what turns people away from 50 pvp.

all i know is there a a bunch of people who want to stay in lower brackets because they are scared.

and as for people saying "o i get top dmg and heals over and over every WZ" i have 1 thing to say

pics or it didnt happen.

its really easy to make "Claims" on a forum but proving them is entirely different.

so by all means, prove that you are doing as good as you claim you are.

ps. you all scared to fight 50s haha so sad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.