Dungeon Finder Needed Badly

Obi-Wun

Well apparently somebody cried because I referred to the attitudes that result from cross realm groups acting like the mean spirited folks they are. Apparently you guys don't like people pointing out arguments of why this is a bad idea, and only want your opinion listened to.

Cross Realm leads to no accountability and allows more anonymity to where you have no reputation which helps in the community to self policing.

As far as the "we have real lives" argument for not finding a group. This is a lame argument. I too work, date, live in the outside world, but it is not hard to find 3 other friends to go in and just do the stuff. There is absolutely no need for anything cross realm. If you can't find friends there are bigger issues at hand for you.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well apparently somebody cried because I referred to the attitudes that result from cross realm groups acting like the mean spirited folks they are. Apparently you guys don't like people pointing out arguments of why this is a bad idea, and only want your opinion listened to.

Cross Realm leads to no accountability and allows more anonymity to where you have no reputation which helps in the community to self policing.

As far as the "we have real lives" argument for not finding a group. This is a lame argument. I too work, date, live in the outside world, but it is not hard to find 3 other friends to go in and just do the stuff. There is absolutely no need for anything cross realm. If you can't find friends there are bigger issues at hand for you.

Then don't use the LFG tool when it comes.

Then don't use the LFG tool when it comes.

The damage is done to the game and community regardless of if I use it or not. I didn't use it anyway since I didn't fail at having friend to play the game with in WoW. I mean as an example, they had to bribe tanks and heals to even use it as the culture that became the LFD became so horrid. The same will happen here if it is implemented.

PVE Raids in this game just do not exist at all.

No one is doing raids on my server and can not find anyone that sees in the future they will.

The easy access to PVP RNG gear and re rolling toons at low level to stay OP is number 1 now.

SWTOR fails at helping or promoting RAIDING. The problem is they made raiding complicated

But made PVP easy stupid.

I'm all for raids being complicated. I LOVE a PROPERLY WORKING (bugged encounters, no thanks) hard raid encounter. But you are right, PvP is the path of least resistance for gear right now, and by A LOT. Unfortunately, try as I might, I can not stand PvP. Queuing up and going up against a pre-made is the opposite of fun.

I didn't use it anyway since I didn't fail at having friend to play the game with in WoW.

I have about 8 friends on here so far but the problem is we have conflicting classes/roles and time schedules. Right now we lack tanks and are often relying on the one we do have or finding pick up tanks if we can, which would be further remedied by a LFD tool.

In any event as it stands we will be getting some sort of server only, robust LFG tool. they already said if population problems warrant it they would be open to cross server as well.

Also fro mthe first page:

2. LFD destroys community:

a. LFD allows players to play the content they are paying for. Community is not LFG/LFD for 3 hours with no response for you. It's also not running all dungeons only within guild.

3. But this other game, that has millions of subcribers is losing people because of it!

a. No, they're not, unless you can give solid numbers, this is a strawman argument. Stop it. Unlike the last incarnation of the LFD tool which had people using trade to form groups and only using the tool to Q on the side, people are going out to do content while Qed.... instead of sitting in town. Also, reffer to above post on my personal experience in wow.

1) Gaming demographics have changed

The average face of a MMORPG gamer has changed dramatically over the past, we are melting pot of veterans, power games, stay at home dad/moms, the unemployed, the mentally ill, casual gamers and multi-platform gamers. Due to the mass appeal, subscriptions have soared like never before and have brought unforeseen consequences when the play styles of some of these gamers have clashed. The challenge is how we accommodate players of differing extremes: some want tight-knit communities that encourage and require players to work together, players who support grouping within same server but demand working reliable tools to facilitate the process, and finally players who frankly just want access to the game they paid for at their convenience.

Edited by Neiloch

The damage is done to the game and community regardless of if I use it or not. I didn't use it anyway since I didn't fail at having friend to play the game with in WoW. I mean as an example, they had to bribe tanks and heals to even use it as the culture that became the LFD became so horrid. The same will happen here if it is implemented.

I guess you'll be quitting this then too. So sad. Sorry the rest of us see it as another tool in the box instead of this mythical game destroyer. Kudos on having a Tank/Healer/Dps/Dps combination of friends that facilitates your Flash Point running on your schedule.

Edited by MalignX

Always funny. The crybaby defense. Bioware, do you see the type of people you are propping up by not having a real LFD tool. I have no problem listening to you people all day. Hell, I even sided with one of your types because I thought it might help Bioware to at least get any kind of tool out faster. But I'm done again. Cross-server LFD or I'm out.

"self policing" is just a metaphor for you and your guilds having tyrannical control over a community and whether people are good enough to run Flashpoints/Operations with.

Not hard for you. I'll say it again. Not hard for you. I'm sorry that we seem to be malfunctioning clones of you. I'll get right on trying to be more like you.

Just downloaded WoW again. Can't believe it's come to this.

Also saw this cool video guide to the new Kaon Under Siege Flashpoint. The only way I'm going to actually see this Flashpoint. Spoiler of the bosses, btw.

And to Bioware's Flashpoint/Operation designers. Please help your other team members understand that a proper LFD system and one that is cross-server will allow a helluva lot more people to see and experience the cool content you've created.

Nobody cried, I merely pointed out to you that just because ppl don't want to spend entire evenings spamming general chat to do some end-game content, doesn't mean they

are lazy. It means many of us simply don't have the time to put in to doing that.

Just because you don't have any problem finding groups. Doesn't mean others aren't having problems. You claim it's not hard to just go in find 3 friends and "do the stuff" well it actually is to some ppl.

Don't say I didn't warn you when you come here complaining about how awful the community is to each other if its implemented.

WoW community was terrible when it got mega-popular. That's it. Done. more people, more jerks. And jerks are the loudest of loud minorities.

People were spouting off terrible jokes and being general d-bags in WoW WELL before ANY kind of LFD tool was implemented. I remember this vividly because I quit raiding on WoW BECAUSE of the terrible community and I came back to try it again after I heard they implemented the LFD tool. Know what happened? I enjoyed the game again. Unfortunately for WoW i had already gotten myself deep in another game by then.

You are trying to attribute bad people almost exclusively to these tools when in fact they have always been around, with a LFD tool you just run into more people thus more jerks. Anyone who is TRULY social knows this is how humanity works. More people you meet, the odds of you meeting a jerk goes up.

What happens when you use a LFD tool is that you, for the first time, actually MEET the community. thousands to millions of people don't 'quick change' into jerks just because they can meet more people they may never see again.

If you truly want to make it so a game doesn't have jerks, the only proven method is that the game not be crazy popular. Smaller the game, the less jerks there are.

Edited by Neiloch

Somebody did, I got the little warning saying I was being rude and disrespectful for stating the type of community a cross realm RDF spawns.

Do you not see the sweet irony of being reported for being a bad community member when accusing people of being part of making a bad community? YOU are the problem sir.

LOL, I'm a bad community member for trying to point out the issues that something this horrid brings? I'm sorry that I speak my mind and am not politically correct and hold your hand and tell you everything will be just peachy-keen.

Basically, i care enough about this game and the community to point out what a horrible idea it is...but I'm the bad guy. Isn't that nice.

Edited by Joretur

LOL, I'm a bad community member for trying to point out the issues that something this horrid brings? I'm sorry that I speak my mind and am not politically correct and hold your hand and tell you everything will be just peachy-keen.

No you are bad community member by resorting to childish name calling which has nothing to do with being politically correct/incorrect.

If its such a bad idea, why is it gaining so much popularity? AGAIN, the fact that it exists and continues to grow across games is a testament to how good it is. How else could you possibly explain this?

Edited by Neiloch

I never called anybody a name lol. My comments were directed at the attitudes that grow from the anonymity of the cross realm dungeon finder. Also commented on the whining that would come from the users of the RDF on how they can not do it with PUGs, which in turn result in it being nerfed. Those were my comments. They are not name calling, or degrading. Nice try twisting what I said though.

So be fair, looking at there forums (which lack server formus --LOL) what kinda community do we have now?

We have the beginnings of server based communities. They are mostly positive in nature so far, sharing of information through discussions. There are rivalries forming between guild based on pvp and pve already, good natured rivalries at this point. Would server based forums help in this? Yes, but there are already reputations being built and players recognized as knowledgeable, helpful and good team players. You also have reputations being built as players better to stay away from due to attitude or other reasons.

That is how I am seeing things so far, it could be decent on other servers, but Kaas City is doing fairly well so far...people actually communicate.

And another capped thread on this issue. When will this be addressed.

+1 for X-server grouping tools. :D

+1 for me too. I love dungeon finder. I have tried many times to find groups and missed a lot of content along the way as a result. I tried over and over and snagged a group here and there but found that it was mostly and exercise in futility. When I did manage to get a group we ended up with people having to leave and failing as a result. I don't always get to play at peak times too which makes it even harder. the whole "dungeon finder destroys server communities" is getting really old and that attitude needs to go. Ten years ago maybe but these days it's a different demographic that plays these games.

Again +1 for cross server tools or server only, preferably the former.

So be fair, looking at there forums (which lack server formus --LOL) what kinda community do we have now?

It's even worse then it looks with all the mods blocking threads 24/7. Worst part is you can't post on an alt and I see tons of unique complain threads daily. The game doesn't look very good for the kind of triple A MMORPG it's suppose to be.

I never called anybody a name lol. My comments were directed at the attitudes that grow from the anonymity of the cross realm dungeon finder. Also commented on the whining that would come from the users of the RDF on how they can not do it with PUGs, which in turn result in it being nerfed. Those were my comments. They are not name calling, or degrading. Nice try twisting what I said though.

Originally Posted by Joretur

Hell no to Cross server. It brings out the *** in everybody. There is no accountability for ones actions, nothing. I mean if you can't find 3 other friends to do something with, you don't deserve to be in the flashpoints anyway.

With cross server, people will then start ************ because content is too hard for the pug group, so it gets nerfed. People just are able to be even bigger douches because they are even more anonymous since its random servers.

Cross server ruined the community in wow. I watched it happen, you can cry all you want that it did't, but it did. LFR is even worse, it completely killed the game for me and everybody I know. There is no enjoyment in the game anymore(WoW).

Quit being so damned lazy.

If you don't think there is name calling in this, that is unfortunate. In any event the admins certainly recognize it so better step more lightly.

. You also have reputations being built as players better to stay away from due to attitude or other reasons.

You can't block a player from access. The only thing you can do is prevent them from getting into your guild and with as little people raiding at 50 that's not really an issue. Even if they are somehow a serious raider and you've managed to block them the major guilds, all they have to do is re-roll and your slander is gone.

As a heads up, I've recieved warnings as well for underserving remarks, be warned Big Brother is out in full force. Especially in this thread, it's one of the biggest, if not the biggest threads on the forums. Edited by Touchbass