Dungeon Finder Needed Badly

Obi-Wun

And why do you transfer your approach skills to a LFD tool? How your ability to whisper people, spam channels is removed?

If you wait for being in a group to socialize, then yes, it is the LFD tool which does the approach at your place. The LFD tools does the socialization for you, because you are too lazy to do so. You're the one to blame, not the tool.

That's the dumbest argument I read in this thread so far.

Did you even play wow?

I tried to communicate with groups, using the LFG-tool. It was possible the first month or two but after that, people only used it in order to do their own selfish grind. They didn't care about the other players, they were there to get their loot. In the span of 15 minutes, all they said was "hi" and "bye", sometimes not even that.

If there's a challenge, people will be forced to communicate. But we all saw what happened in Cataclysm, the oh so mighty ghostcrawler wrote glorious blog posts of how heroics are supposed to be hard, and then two-three months later they nerf the **** out of everything because people whined their asses off, just so that they could get on with their mindless farming, ruining the game for the people who care.

It may be a personal opinion, but it is my opinion. I oppose this system fully.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have placed a LFG tag on myself every time I have logged on to the game for a long time now... and guess what? I have had ZERO responses to this. I have even whispered others in game to help form groups, and all have turned me down (politely, but still a NO).

The current in game system DOES NOT WORK. And a tool that no one uses, is a useless tool!

Here's how I see it. First, an effective LFG tool allows more players to experience and enjoy more of the content of the game. <--- good thing, right?

Second, the more people who experience the game and enjoy more of the content become long term subscribers. <--- good thing, right?

Third, the more subscribers we have long term, the more SW can grow and mature in to a full fledged MMO, and not a fledgling MMO. <--- good thing, right?

So, why argue against an effective tool that allows people to enjoy and experience more of the content in this game? There is no good reason.

Btw, I never saw the inside of most of the dungeons in WoW prior to their LFG tool, know why? no one ran them cause getting groups was impossible (unless you were dragged through by a much higher level toon). Thus, once the LFG tool was implemented, I saw every dungeon they had. It was great! (leveling)

Did it ruin my community??? seriously??? NOT AT ALL! I was in a raiding guild, so my community was safe from the onslaught of the evil ogre we call a LFG tool!!

Do we need an effective tool to group people for flashpoints in SW. You bet we do! And soon!

(p.s. I have run every flashpoint to date on my SI, cause I have spammed my guild and general chat to get them. But others aren't on my server, aren't my personality, don't have the same kind of time I do, don't have the same guild I do, and don't have the same character at the same level as I do. Most people will enjoy and use a good LFG tool and never look back)

Did you even play wow?

I tried to communicate with groups, using the LFG-tool. It was possible the first month or two but after that, people only used it in order to do their own selfish grind. They didn't care about the other players, they were there to get their loot. In the span of 15 minutes, all they said was "hi" and "bye", sometimes not even that.

If there's a challenge, people will be forced to communicate. But we all saw what happened in Cataclysm, the oh so mighty ghostcrawler wrote glorious blog posts of how heroics are supposed to be hard, and then two-three months later they nerf the **** out of everything because people whined their asses off, just so that they could get on with their mindless farming, ruining the game for the people who care.

nerfing dungeons is in no way a commentary on the LFG tool. Cataclysm started the slow decline of WoW. It was not the LFG tool. Seriously, all the LFG tool did was allow people leveling experience more of the abandoned and forgotten content Blizzard created. At max level LFG allowed people to grind easier... grind mind you... grind. catch that?

I have placed a LFG tag on myself every time I have logged on to the game for a long time now... and guess what? I have had ZERO responses to this. I have even whispered others in game to help form groups, and all have turned me down (politely, but still a NO).

The current in game system DOES NOT WORK. And a tool that no one uses, is a useless tool!

It does not work for you, others dont have problems ;)

By just flagging yourself you wont have much luck, there is a bug that deletes your flag every time you change the planet.

What you need to do is join the global LFG channel, its usually the 4. There you can ask people for groups or advertise your own. Works like a charm for most people.

A tool like at wow is not the solution, it has too many downsides - downsides you might not know as you didnt play much or just forgot.

BW must modify the wow tool, I highly doubt they would let such a crap tool ín its current state, into their game - too many people will leave then and yes some might stay because of it, but those most likely leave anyways in summer for D3 or the new wow addon. These are not the customers BW must take care of, its those that left wow for a good reason, those that wanne play next year too.

Edited by RachelAnne

Here's how I see it. First, an effective LFG tool allows more players to experience and enjoy more of the content of the game. <--- good thing, right?

Second, the more people who experience the game and enjoy more of the content become long term subscribers. <--- good thing, right?

Third, the more subscribers we have long term, the more SW can grow and mature in to a full fledged MMO, and not a fledgling MMO. <--- good thing, right?

So, why argue against an effective tool that allows people to enjoy and experience more of the content in this game? There is no good reason.

Btw, I never saw the inside of most of the dungeons in WoW prior to their LFG tool, know why? no one ran them cause getting groups was impossible (unless you were dragged through by a much higher level toon). Thus, once the LFG tool was implemented, I saw every dungeon they had. It was great! (leveling)

Did it ruin my community??? seriously??? NOT AT ALL! I was in a raiding guild, so my community was safe from the onslaught of the evil ogre we call a LFG tool!!

Do we need an effective tool to group people for flashpoints in SW. You bet we do! And soon!

(p.s. I have run every flashpoint to date on my SI, cause I have spammed my guild and general chat to get them. But others aren't on my server, aren't my personality, don't have the same kind of time I do, don't have the same guild I do, and don't have the same character at the same level as I do. Most people will enjoy and use a good LFG tool and never look back)

We are not saying it ruins Guild community. It ruins sever community and encourages D-Bag play. I support a LFG tool that allows players to quickly form groups within there server but also allows players to build a reputation good or bad.

If you as a player suck at the game and cause wipes ect. Take loot constantly that is meant for other classes ect. You should not be able to do that in total safety. You should start finding it harder to find groups and have players not want to group with you and have the option to not be forced to group with you like the current wow system forces people to do.

On the other hand if you build a good rep then guess what you should reap the benefits of that. Finding groups easier ect.

Giving players a choice in who the group with while still programing in an effective LFG tool is what I want to see.

nerfing dungeons is in no way a commentary on the LFG tool. Cataclysm started the slow decline of WoW. It was not the LFG tool. Seriously, all the LFG tool did was allow people leveling experience more of the abandoned and forgotten content Blizzard created. At max level LFG allowed people to grind easier... grind mind you... grind. catch that?

Nerfing dungeons is a commentary. They were needed for a reason.... players would game system (dps queu as tank or heals) resulting in failed runs. You think developers have time or tools to scrutinize metrics from dungeons to see that X percentage of failed runs were due to no real tanks or heals?

No. They just see X percent of total runs failed and if X is high enough than they make the conclusion that the dungeons or raids are too difficult and in need of needs.

They need to have more LFG tools. An actual channel would be a start, and not the crap one players created. It should not be cross server because that does destroy the community since i will never be able to group with people i like again or even join their guild. But they cannot add a queue unless there is a way to prevent nontank and nonhealer specced players from queueing as tanks and heals.

WoW added a queue and it resulted in nerfs and group buffs. DCUO started with a queue and it resulted in nerfs and group buffs specifically for groups where you would be missing the non-dps classes. That should tell you the current models are broken and should not be used in this game.

A tool like at wow is not the solution, it has too many downsides - downsides you might not know as you didnt play much or just forgot....

Such as?

I play wow, I have not seen any downsides, the system worked so well it has been expanded to a LFR system.

I am interested in something tangible against the LFD tool not opinion on playstyle. Something more than "it destroys communities" or "it makes ninjas". Those are cliches.....

Flagging for a group is an antiquated concept that no longer works well in theme-park games. Do you have to go around Six Flags and find 6 other people to get into your coaster car with you? No. You get in queue and wait for a spot. The WoW system is being adopted by many other MMOs to great success, if the LFD tools were such a failure nobody would be doing them.

We are not saying it ruins Guild community. It ruins sever community and encourages D-Bag play. I support a LFG tool that allows players to quickly form groups within there server but also allows players to build a reputation good or bad.

If you as a player suck at the game and cause wipes ect. Take loot constantly that is meant for other classes ect. You should not be able to do that in total safety. You should start finding it harder to find groups and have players not want to group with you and have the option to not be forced to group with you like the current wow system forces people to do.

On the other hand if you build a good rep then guess what you should reap the benefits of that. Finding groups easier ect.

Giving players a choice in who the group with while still programing in an effective LFG tool is what I want to see.

Put the player on ignore, if he is that bad and everyone ignores them they don't get groups. Self correcting problem.

I do like the idea of a "like" button that says this was a good run with a good player that gives a rep of sorts, placing that user on a higher priority in the queue.

We are talking PUGs here, not a run formed from friend lists or your guild.

Put the player on ignore, if he is that bad and everyone ignores them they don't get groups. Self correcting problem.

I do like the idea of a "like" button that says this was a good run with a good player that gives a rep of sorts, placing that user on a higher priority in the queue.

We are talking PUGs here, not a run formed from friend lists or your guild.

Ahh if Ignore only worked like that. Ignoring a player does not prevent you from being thrown into a group with that player. You have no choice in who you are put together with in the system.

I stated earlier in the thread something that would honestly work, needs to be refined a bit yes, But it would preserve SERVER Community while at the same time allowing people to quickly find and put together groups by giving them the choice of who they group with.

By allowing you to que up and see who it was that was being placed in the group and having a chance to say no I don't want to group with this player or yes I do and the system taking into account the majority vote before forming the group. It allows players to build reps good or bad. Allows choice in who you group with. Allows for the group to quickly be put together and the run to start.

Yes you could do this system cross server but you would also have to change a few things in game to support it.

A ranking system unfortunately is open to abuse.

Did you even play wow?

No and no.

The LFD tool only takes care for the recruitment phase of the PvE group content. Therefore blaming it for everything is dumb.

A cross server one allows to reach a larger playerbase, and so you meet more often a variety of personalities, including the ones who could not care less about socializing for doing a mere dungeon.

Breaking news: socializing is never mandatory to do the content, even the multiplayer one. It's your fault for expecting otherwise.

Again, you let the LFD tool doing the approach for you, and then you cry that the socialization aspect is deteriorating. It's like complaining that you don't like your wife in a arranged marriage. Go pick a girl you like instead ffs.

Still the dumbest argument ever read here.

Ahh if Ignore only worked like that. Ignoring a player does not prevent you from being thrown into a group with that player. You have no choice in who you are put together with in the system.

I stated earlier in the thread something that would honestly work, needs to be refined a bit yes, But it would preserve SERVER Community while at the same time allowing people to quickly find and put together groups by giving them the choice of who they group with.

By allowing you to que up and see who it was that was being placed in the group and having a chance to say no I don't want to group with this player or yes I do and the system taking into account the majority vote before forming the group. It allows players to build reps good or bad. Allows choice in who you group with. Allows for the group to quickly be put together and the run to start.

Yes you could do this system cross server but you would also have to change a few things in game to support it.

A ranking system unfortunately is open to abuse.

Yes the ignore list can be made to work, it works in other games like that where it come to a LFD system.

I am still trying to get my mind around this server rep that seems big to the anti folks... I have yet to see it work the way the way you think it it does. I see the bickering in general... "Don't group with Stiffie he is a ninja" "no i'm not" "you so rolled on that heavy armor as a sage" "but my companion can use it" ....... (this is an example, no real names used )

It goes noplace, just opinion after another. Grouping is so bad (in this game) that you take the scub rep or no rep to fill out the group because you are tired of spamming general chat. At least with an ignore feature you can have your own list of baddies you won't group with.

Again we are talking public pugging, not private friend lists and guild runs.

Edited by Racheakt

What we currently have - the Who list and the LFG flag - appear to be completely unknown to the greater majority of the playerbase, since it's always so pathetically few people who use them. I'm thinking Bioware needs to implement a monthly Who List Awareness Week until a proper LFG tool is added to the game.

I played WoW both before and after LFG... And, sure, I experienced the occasional bad healer, tank, dps, but by and large, I thoroughly enjoyed the tool.

Actually, I had worse experience trying to find a group of nice people to group with before LFG than after.

And, the leveling process was soooo much better with LFG because I was able to experience dungeons that I would have never been able to before (at level). Makes for a good use of otherwise wasted real estate in places like Outlands...

The current LFG system with the who system is a outdated system. When I look for a group in this game, I feel like I am playing a classic MMO compared to the more modern style MMOs. a LFG system that searches across servers can be very beneficial when you are playing on a dead server or playing at odd times of the day. There are already bad personalities emerging within the SWTOR community and they still get into groups. The problem is the current system is that it limits who searches to 100 people and I have not found out a way to search just for people who are LFG. To fix the loot issue with people rolling need on stuff they don't need, setup a need vs greed type loot where you can only roll on the gear which your class can use not including comapanions. Another thing I really liked in rift was the chance to make dynamic groups in the world content. It made those events work much more efficiently. Add in a vote kick feature for the mean spirited type but put it on some kind of cool down so people can not take advantage of it.

to sum it up:

• add better search criteria for the who list
  • add need vs. greed loot system to stop ninjaing
  • add in ability to auto form groups if you are near a group phase in the world
  • add in a vote kick option but put it on a cool down so it is not abused

At least the forum moderators can pass the word that a large number of their subscribers want a LFD tool. They have been closing multiple threads on the same subject daily.

Only question is whether bioware can implement one in a timely manner. Maybe even improve on the feature via a reputation system and the ability to add people to a favorites list across servers.