Vote for New Terminology

RJChief

This is such a pointless thread that does not benefit the community in any way.

However, let me just say that to my knowledge, it has always been Reps/Imps, never Pubs. Pubs? Lol who came up with that?!

The other thing is that the OP is suggesting that PUGs should have been called Pubs in the first place. This tells me that he has no idea what PUG means.

This is such a pointless thread that does not benefit the community in any way.

However, let me just say that to my knowledge, it has always been Reps/Imps, never Pubs. Pubs? Lol who came up with that?!

The other thing is that the OP is suggesting that PUGs should have been called Pubs in the first place. This tells me that he has no idea what PUG means.

Thanks for the Reps/Imp agreement, and again for the 5th time... I didn't know the pug acronym.

/pug debate --> covered

as long as people arent using "PK'd" i dont give a damn

PK had its place... D2 was infamous for the PK and specifically as a hardcore player when once dead, you could no longer play that character.

Most notable for the TPPK that allowed one player to kill another while the killer was in the safe zone town.

Remember Uber! Let's bring Uber back. I also think we could switch to "dope" as an adjective. That set bonus is dope.

Hmm, a big thanks to the German community for parts of their language... German is always fun (even if South Park is right and they are the least funny people).

Isn't dope already used as an adjective? How about we make it an adverb:

"Sevenex dopely suggested bring 'UBER' back, and I agreed!"

PK had its place... D2 was infamous for the PK and specifically as a hardcore player when once dead, you could no longer play that character.

Most notable for the TPPK that allowed one player to kill another while the killer was in the safe zone town.

I know what its from, but its usually spouted by some pompous dbag who quickly gets on my ignore list :p

Why change it back? Language evolves. Or should we go back to using 'ye' and 'thee' and 'thy' etc etc.

I said some things... You would know that if you weren't such a baddie bad badster with a double shot of bad. Go be bad you Baddy McBad-face!

Thats why, because this is all people say.

Someone made a post like this a long time ago. There were some really good ones but the one that stood out was saying you got "Jawa'd" instead of "Ninja'd".

OOOO I like it. So If I cap a VS door when no ones looking - I Jawa'd it?

Of all the words you mentioned "troll" is quite possibly the oldest, but it doesn't have anything to do with mythical creatures or the likes.

It's a type of fishing. You troll up and down the waters in a boat looking to snag unsuspecting fish, some people even have special trolling motors fer there boats.

OOOO I like it. So If I cap a VS door when no ones looking - I Jawa'd it?

UTINNI!! :jawa_eek:

Some terms I think would be more appropriate:

PLEBE (plebian) - newbie

ACE - (n) someone experienced

(v) to roll through an instance or spawn with no effort

GREEDO - Troll, jerk. So named from the Rodian flunky that got in Han Solo's face, and subsequently got a blaster bolt to the gut (Han shot first.)

Of all the words you mentioned "troll" is quite possibly the oldest, but it doesn't have anything to do with mythical creatures or the likes.

It's a type of fishing. You troll up and down the waters in a boat looking to snag unsuspecting fish, some people even have special trolling motors fer there boats.

I've seen someone else say this and as a person whose uncle was a fisherman, and who worked with him during the summer... it is not called "Trolling", it is called "Trawling"

here: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/trawling

Hate to burst your bubble, friend, but unless you get a real following behind this thread nothing will happen.

It is very, very, VERY hard to remove or stop the circulation of popular memes and terminologies once they become accepted usage in a community.

The best you can do is try to add to the existing set of terminologies.