Chat Bubbles for 'Say'

gryhmr

This game desperately needs chat bubbles. Not only have I been talking to someone standing right next to me with them being oblivious to it, but also the chat log is so spammed with everything that chat bubbles just make sense.

The weird thing is there was chat bubbles in beta but they were removed. Why?

This game desperately needs chat bubbles. Not only have I been talking to someone standing right next to me with them being oblivious to it, but also the chat log is so spammed with everything that chat bubbles just make sense.

The weird thing is there was chat bubbles in beta but they were removed. Why?

why?

I never understood the "NEED" for chat bubbles.

Why not just send them a /tell they will notice that just as much as a chat bubble.

why?

Why not just send them a /tell they will notice that just as much as a chat bubble.

This may surprise you but most social interaction ingame doesn't occur between just two participants.

World space /say chat bubbles are definitely needed.

why?

The thing is they dont even give you the option for them. if you dont like them fine, but i do. Its especially needed when the chat log spams you with everything you do.

No....just no...I hated chat bubbles in SWG you had to go in and manually turn them off every time...Bioware said they would probably have the same issue..so a big hell no

So wait. You had to toggle the feature off once per character so you don't want it in the game?

No....just no...I hated chat bubbles in SWG you had to go in and manually turn them off every time...Bioware said they would probably have the same issue..so a big hell no

I don't see why BW would think they would have this same issue... I mean we can toggle other stuff off but have it stay that way when we log in again later. Why should chat bubbles be prone to a bug like that?

Edited by Stenrik

So wait. You had to toggle the feature off once per character so you don't want it in the game?

Chat appears in your chat bar, having it in 2 places is redundancy, which is usually a bad thing.

If you are complaining the chat bar is cluttered then edit it to only show what you need, plus why would you want to add clutter elsewhere?

Chat appears in your chat bar, having it in 2 places is redundancy, which is usually a bad thing.

If you are complaining the chat bar is cluttered then edit it to only show what you need, plus why would you want to add clutter elsewhere?

Its not clutter its a social thing. Its fun to talk to people in say around hubs etc. its sparks conversation and fun when you have bubbles instead of being in a chat log. Every MMO worth a damn has them. Some people do not like them and I get that, but make it an OPTION.

I've never understood the desire for chat bubbles. I played one game that had them and I turned them off the instant I saw them...it turned the game into a comic strip for me.

I wouldn't be opposed to them being included as long as I can turn them off.

The fact is this game is an MMO which makes a social feature like chat bubbles a great thing. Also in MMOs you usually get options to customize the interface how you like it. Taking out a feature that is benign and in every other game in the genre by default is just poor game design. This game already feels like single player with a chat room.

ugh i really dont get why people would be against a feature like this when you can turn it off. its probably the same people who think not having a dungeon finder or tedious traveling are great features for the game.

I love chat bubbles but that's me. In SWG, I would turn them off in certain situation such as massive PVP raids but otherwise, it adds a certain amount of life.

Nothing wrong with them being there as long as you can switch them off. People are a lot more social with chat bubbles though.

Why?

Why not simply choose not to switch them on if you personally dont like them?

Driz

Simple Developers could use their time designing game content and fixing bugs in the game over spending time creating chat bubbles with less then 10% of the people use. Yes I say less then 10%, why in all my time playing MMOs I only met a handful of people that ever used them. Most people turn them off. Its a waste of development time.

The thing is they dont even give you the option for them. if you dont like them fine, but i do. Its especially needed when the chat log spams you with everything you do.

So... you don't just make a chat tab for Says?

Chat bubbles are unneeded unwanted and unwieldy. There are a LOT of other things I would far rather see the developers spend time on. Like realistic fingernail growth.

More than one person "chatting" in an area and you can't tell what ANYBODY is saying. Great way to just spam, so everybody inevitably has to just turn them off anyways.