No same sex relationship option in ToR?

Ravenfeathers

After playing through both male and female characters I noticed in the game that the romance story can only be engaged for heterosexual coupling, but in other games bioware has produced recently the option for homosexual couples is an option, and even in the original Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic if you steered the companion conversations in the right direction it hinted at a same sex relationship. I just wanted to know what the rest of the community thought?

I submitted a question to the company and only received a "we regret we will be able to provide you with further information" which in my opinion means they just didn't think about it when creating ToR.

After playing through both male and female characters I noticed in the game that the romance story can only be engaged for heterosexual coupling, but in other games bioware has produced recently the option for homosexual couples is an option, and even in the original Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic if you steered the companion conversations in the right direction it hinted at a same sex relationship. I just wanted to know what the rest of the community thought?

I submitted a question to the company and only received a "we regret we will be able to provide you with further information" which in my opinion means they just didn't think about it when creating ToR.

is it hard living under a rock...

seriously glad you were able to travel here from last year but can you please stay current with the times when traveling to the future so people will not have to explain everything that has happened to you. try google its this thing we have in the future to look things up on this thing called the internet

http://www.google.com/search?q=same+sex+relationships+in+tor&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7ADFA_enUS460

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Really? This is the top of your list - Homosexual Encounters in a video game? Are you serious?

Get a life.

Posts like this is exactly why so many decry that these forums are terrible. So what if it's a priority for this person, why does it matter? It's their opinion, you don't have to agree with it but at least have an iota of civility when you do disagree.

I have said this before and I will say it again. Most male players play female toons online (i.e. they roleplay trannies) so this should b a non issue for male players.

Continue pretending your a woman, roll a woman toon, romance a man... just like in real life.

It shouldn't really be rocket science here.

Theres more important things to worry about in SWTOR right now...

To you maybe. Not saying this is a needed feature or not. But what is an "important" feature is very subjective.

What baffles me is this has been a feature in many if not all of Biowares other RPGs. I think they said they left it out due to time restraints, which is fine, but they had time for the other 16+ relationships? They couldn't have made one of them at least bi? Besides look at Theron Cedrex, he is dying to come out of the closet.

Edited by harpuax

I have said this before and I will say it again. Most male players play female toons online (i.e. they roleplay trannies) so this should b a non issue for male players.

Uh, that's an interesting theory.

Most men roleplay transsexuals. Alrighty then.

*Slowly backs away from the crazy person*.

Basically Bioware decided to play it safe.

They didn't have this option at release because this game was aimed at trying to sell to as many people as possible Teen market and they knew they might get some bad blowback from having homosexual relationships in a Teen focused game.

So, they didn't put those romances in at release and will add them in later since "gameplay experience may change online" and all that.