Am I the only one hooked?

Derity

Seriously, my main character has full epic gear, almost got my second character to level 50 now and I am anticipating starting a third, I'm surprised that there are so many threads bashing the game - where in my opinion this is the best MMO I've played in years.

Havn't been this hooked to a game since Lineage 1.

And I didn't even know I liked Star Wars until playing this game, lol. (Never got round to watching the films, ...I know right?)

Edited by Derity

Agreed, was not looking forward to this game at all, I was planning on trying gw2 and tera in the vain hope of finding a good new mmo. I picked this up to try it with some friends. I am completely addicted, I love it. Its exactly what Ive been missing in mmos for the last 5-6 years.

Seriously, my main character has full epic gear, almost got my second character to level 50 now and I am anticipating starting a third, I'm surprised that there are so many threads bashing the game - where in my opinion this is the best MMO I've played in years.

And I didn't even know I liked Star Wars until playing this game, lol. (Never got round to watching the films, ...I know right?)

You must not play many games mate. Unless you mean MMOs.

And i find my class to have good gameplay , just hate the companions , i would think about starting an alt if BW would be king enough to reveal when and what races they are giving each class.

well unlike other mmo's the global CD on this gmae is like a whole second longer then most..(anoying in pvp) and the classes are so imbalanced....there is a reason arena wont work in this game. i mean it took them so long to develope this game would i have hurt them to use the GOOD thing WoW found works? no they think they are better. i think the only reaon the ppl who are still playing is because we are starwars fans. but this game is far from being good. im going to just pretend this is vanilla. then again vanilla was better at the start then this lol.

With some sandbox elements I would be hooked. In it's present form really enjoying it but worry about longevity as there isn't much to do once you have levelled. In other games crafting would fulfill that need but here it is far too simplistic. Themeparks are great for the ride but without any kind of freedom are very limiting.

It's a very enjoyable game but something i can't quite put my finger on is missing.

I never get that obsessive, but I've been playing this thing every day since I got it, which is definately exceptional.

Same here, even if some days I only play one hour at most.

First MMO that does this to me, and I've tried a lot of them.

Edited by Karson

Seriously, my main character has full epic gear, almost got my second character to level 50 now

this is the reason this game sucks. 2 weeks in and epics are everywhere.. 3 weeks in.. alts are capped lvl also in epics.. there is ZERO effort put in and ZERO sense of accomplishment. This adds up to ZERO character/world attachment which in turn = less than 300k subs by end of march

Edited by Zoggel
Inappropriate Content

I find this game to be more enjoyable than any of the previous MMORPGs I've played.

MMORPGs I've played (in chronological order)...

Everquest

Star Wars Galaxies*

EVE Online

City of Heroes

World of Warcraft*

City of Vilians

Matrix Online*

Dungeons & Dragons Online*

Lord of the Rings Online*

Age of Conan*

Dark & Light

Vanguard*

Warhammer Online*

9Dragons

Star Wars The Old Republic*

* = denotes started playing during beta testing

I find this game to be more enjoyable than any of the previous MMORPGs I've played.

MMORPGs I've played (in chronological order)...

Everquest

Star Wars Galaxies*

EVE Online

City of Heroes

World of Warcraft*

City of Vilians

Matrix Online*

Dungeons & Dragons Online*

Lord of the Rings Online*

Age of Conan*

Dark & Light

Vanguard*

Warhammer Online*

9Dragons

Star Wars The Old Republic*

* = denotes started playing during beta testing

I would have to disagree. There are some truly great games in that list that re-invented the genre. SWtOR is fun but doesn't compare to some of those you have listed. Then again that is just my experience with those games.

this is the reason this game sucks. 2 weeks in and epics are everywhere.. 3 weeks in.. alts are capped lvl also in epics.. there is ZERO effort put in and ZERO sense of accomplishment. This adds up to ZERO character/world attachment which in turn = less than 300k subs by end of march

Actually there is still better gear to be obtained, I've never seen an item above epic (artifact) level. Also, I have full epic gear but there are better epics for me to obtain still such as Battlemaster gear.

well unlike other mmo's the global CD on this gmae is like a whole second longer then most..(anoying in pvp) and the classes are so imbalanced....there is a reason arena wont work in this game. i mean it took them so long to develope this game would i have hurt them to use the GOOD thing WoW found works? no they think they are better. i think the only reaon the ppl who are still playing is because we are starwars fans. but this game is far from being good. im going to just pretend this is vanilla. then again vanilla was better at the start then this lol.

^nother pvp junkie that thinks the entire game revolves around warzones

the game doesnt " suck" because it has mediocre pvp , classes are only " imba" in pvp (wich is arguable) and "good " is subjective as from my point of view if they ever had put arenas in this game i wouldnt even have bothered to try it out, yes i despise the words arena, esport or anything related

it turned wow into call of duty medieval version, and i am fine with this game having mediocre pvp at best, i dont want it to be the development focus

Im just as hooked i think :)

have like you almost got a 2nd character to 50, and have got every single advanced class above level 10 on my lightside server (made a start on dark side but not much 10+ yet there)

I just LOVE playing this game

It has bugs, it has things that could improve sure, but... it is FANTASTIC AS IT IS :)

Every time i see an announcement about new content i just think omg already? amazing!

One tip though to those who are not as enraptured by this game as i am... try beats audio headphones whilst playing :)

^nother pvp junkie that thinks the entire game revolves around warzones

the game doesnt " suck" because it has mediocre pvp , classes are only " imba" in pvp (wich is arguable) and "good " is subjective as from my point of view if they ever had put arenas in this game i wouldnt even have bothered to try it out, yes i despise the words arena, esport or anything related

it turned wow into call of duty medieval version, and i am fine with this game having mediocre pvp at best, i dont want it to be the development focus

well you are being ignorant because the gmae dont revolve around PvE.... some of us beleave it or not like to test or skillz on a balanced playing ground. well others like you want to play an AI thats does exactly what its supposed to do when its supposed to do it. its everyones choice do do what they like.