How many planetary 4-mans do you wind up abandoning?

TheSwamper

I'm just curious, because it's very rare I see any LFMs for these and the few I've done just seem so not worthwhile.

I find the Fleet FPs much more fun, as they seem to have many more things going on.

My 4th alt is just completing chapter 1 and it's fair to say that between all of them I've abandoned almost every planetary 4-man. In fact, at this point, I'd be happy for an option to have the quest givers for them not even show up on my radar.

I'm not anti-grouping, but I am very much anti-waiting around not playing while trying to convince three players out of the twenty-odd on that planet at the time to do the quest.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done every HEROIC 4 quest I've encountered with 2 people, they're really not as difficult as any of the flashpoints.

So while the rewards are less impressive than doing a flashpoint, they also take half the number of people and a fraction of the time.

I skipped every heroic quest and flashpoint until I was 50. That said, I've only done BT on normal and HM once each.

I prefer Ilum and PVP dailies to spend my time on. Until there is a dungeon finder or auto-grouping for outdoor quest areas I'm not going to waste my time in game spamming general chat trying to find X player type for some drawn out pve instance that will end with someone quitting cause their mom got home or QQ'ing because the tank isn't going fast enough or the healer is isn't geared enough or the loot they wanted didn't drop.

none.

i do all the bonuses too.

i keep em in my log til they are done.

im not missing any possible orange item.

especially given may of them on a single planet supply matching set pieces.

Edited by Sleekit

All of them.

And the 2s.

Now, if they added lots of 'stuff' 'after' you already have the quest and 'before' you turn it in that give 5-8 social point interactions while you are doing the Heroics. I'd do a 'lot' of them - every day. I'd be scanning the channels for LFM/LFG. I don't advertise, b/c I'm a type Q personality (not even close to Type A or even a Type B).

I look at social points and heroics as "a great mechanic to entice me to do something I otherwise wouldn't" and "something I just don't like to do", respectively.

Social Points 'could' have been this games Wintergrasp or Darkness Falls, but relating to harder, non-dungeon (sorry, flashpoint) group PvE content instead of PvP or RvR.

And no, I'm not going to group for 'kill 10 easy lizards'. Sorry, but I have been so conditioned to view (and enjoy that immensely) as solo content. The stuff that I do when I like to just hang out with me! :p

How To Be Your Own Best Friend

1. Point at your chest.

2. Look down (hey, what is that I just felt?)

3. Drag your finger up when you look down and lightly tag your face, causing surprise!

4. "Oh...you!"

5. Slug yourself in your right shoulder with your left hand.

6. Slug yourself in your left shoulder with your right hand.

Summary: Marry up Social Points and Heroics

Personally, I'd rather see it more with Flashpoints like BT, but I got the Uncle Grumpy Smackdown for suggesting that, and I backed away cowering - as you'd expect a Type Q personality would. :o

I solo my way through the game right now. You don't want to depend on others for grouping in the first few months of an MMO. I drop all 2+ and 4+ missions. I don't care if you can get through a 2+ with a companion, its a waste of time. You will make more xp on solo quests in less time.

On my server, I was able to do all the four man heroics through Nar Shadda on the Republic side without issue. However, there are fewer people playing on each subsequent world. I’ve gotten lucky and done some since then but not all. Many runs have been with non-standard trinity groups.

It has been even harder to get some of the upper tier flashpoint groups together. I have not been in one since Mandalorian Raiders.

I will note that I have gone back to Taris, to help a friend do some planetary heroics while leveling since at this time they have had trouble getting groups.

Being on a quest turn in chain, I don't often notice much aside my narrow quest path. I've done one with a friend of mine, that's it. I almost joined a group once, I had sat around waiting for one until I got bored and took the taxi across the map. The exact moment I clicked the taxi to the other side of the map spots opened up for a group where I was just at. I decided to just keep going on my quests.

If I'm soloing I rarely do them unless I just happen to see a group forming for them while I'm questing.

If I'm duoing most of them are 2-man doable with companions. There are a few however that are definitely intended around having 4 players or at the very least tank + healer players.

Edited by Gunzwei

Depends. If you do everything in this game, you drastically outlevel the content - there's just so much stuff. As a result, I often find I don't much need the Heroics. I'll start up a group if I feel like it, and I'll join one if I've got the quest and the time, but I don't often go out of my way for it - don't have as much fun if I'm not getting challenged, which is the result of overleveling.

If you decided to ignore space, PvP, dailies in general... You'd need them a lot more. The game is built to provide multiple paths.

Edited by Inarai

I skipped the vast majority after level 25. Heroic-2 or 4. It's a little sad to be honest. So much content lost because it is a pain to find a group. Given most heroics are inside instaciated areas (aka story areas) it would be awesome if a cross-server LFG could also be used to complete these.

Well, one can dream.

I'm not anti-grouping, but I am very much anti-waiting around not playing while trying to convince three players out of the twenty-odd on that planet at the time to do the quest.

Yep... the only ones I've done are because I just happen to have finished up a quest and someone comes over the general chat saying lf1m for X. This morning on Balmora there were a grand total of 6 people... needless to say our 3-man lf1m for heroic group stayed a 3-man group until the heroic was over.

I didn't do any heroics/fp's with my 50 sorcerer, 45 assassin, 50 merc. Just not interested in anything else but pvp. Fp's are too long and grouping with people outside the guild is not an option. People waste too much of your time grouping up.