Nar Shadaa cross-faction GTN - items must be visible from FLEETS

The_Duck

hey, i don't mind going to Nar Shadaa to post my stuff on to the cross-faction GTN.

BUT, do not require the OTHER FACTION to buy ONLY in Nar Shadaa.

I believe this is the case and let's just say that NO ONE WILL EVER DO THIS.

Unless you happen to be there posting up some items this is just a failed exercise.

There is hardly anything listed on this GTN and for good reason. It's a PITA to get to if you don't happen to be questing there.

If you don't allow the posts to be pushed to the cross-faction fleet then I just don't see the point.

In fact, my test proved this. Nothing on the shared GTN. Posted stuff for basically free. Nothing was purchased (all items returned).

Posted on (my side) Imperial fleet. Items sell in 1-3 hours ...

PLEASE FIX THIS. NO ONE IS GOING TO TRAVEL TO NAR SHADAA TO BUY ANYTHING.

I will have to disagree. I sell quite a bit of items of much higher level than the range for Nar Shadaa with no problem.

This.

Nothing wrong with the way it is set now. OP, you are just lazy.

Edited by Qilz

hey, i don't mind going to Nar Shadaa to post my stuff on to the cross-faction GTN.

BUT, do not require the OTHER FACTION to buy ONLY in Nar Shadaa.

I believe this is the case and let's just say that NO ONE WILL EVER DO THIS.

That makes no sense at all. You'll travel there to sell, but not to buy?

You're silly.

This is how WoW works, and generally speaking the only things there are cross-faction pets. The only time anyone really used the neutral AH was to transfer something from 1 side to another. (Normally you'd try to avoid exchanging the actual money on the AH since it took a 15% cut -- you'd just use it to move the item itself)

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to have access to it from the fleet so that it would actually get some use.

Edited by PessimiStick

I use the Nar Shaddaa GTN all the time. A lot of schematics that get dropped are for class-specific items for the opposite faction. Sometimes people sell the schematics, sometimes they craft and sell the items.

There are also people who would rather sell an alignment-specific lightsaber on a faction where it would be more rare.

backwaters in a game that serve obscure side purposes are not necessarily a bad thing.

the main probalm with the Nar Shadaa AH atm is virtually no one knows its there. that's not to say it will ever become wildly popular but as a place for posting croass faction crafted items and getting sales for things like crafting mats and suchlike when the main faction AH is flooded and ofc shifting stuff and money over your characters on the other faction ;) it can still serve the same purpose that the steamwheedle cartel auction did in WoW.

i don't agree it should be available in fleets. its neutral and run by the Hutts and the entire point of it being separate and existing at all is eroded when its sat right next to the others. it could do with perhaps a couple more locations maybe and more advertising but that's as far as i'd go.

Edited by Sleekit

I don't get your point. How does giving more people access to your goods "screw up" the economy?

because the majority of items posted will come from the larger faction and they will be the ones receiving the majority of the income from sales.

ie the majority of the money flow from the small faction would be to the big rather than circling internally thereby helping the players on the small faction.

any mainstream cross faction AH implementation basically sooks money out a smaller faction into the larger. that's why they are segregated in the first place and why cross faction AHs (if they exist) are deliberately obscure backwaters.

your assumption assumes everyone is a producer and/or a poster of goods for sale. someone who would benefit from a larger potential market.

they aren't.

up to and including end game crafting and posting items for sale for money is generally a small sub population with the majority of people gaining money via other in game means.

Edited by Sleekit

I am asking that if I post something in Nar Shadaa that the whole other faction would be able to see it and buy it without traveling to Nar Shadaa.

I personally don't buy anything in Nar Shadaa because:

1. it's a PITA to get to relative to where a normal quester would be going (after they hit the planet once)

2. if someone wants a mod or a mat they are going to look at their FLEET GTN. They are not going to to travel to Nar Shadaa. In fact, I would rather gather the mats myself on another planet than actually travel to Nar Shadaa to look.