A Universe At War - Ilum/Open World Redesign

Aneu

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What it should have been from the start ... by the time this is done the game will be dead ...

They would still need to give free faction switch until balanced for any ''real open world pvp'' to happen.

Maybe they could atleast recycle ilum and make a mini frontier a la DaoC with attackable / defendable bases with mini bases instead of the one shotable tanks , captureable by guilds for bonuses or something.

<---- bored of the current ilum so much im posting this crap and avoiding doing my daily weekly in ilum , thats how bad it is now.

Edited by LexiCazam
IC/old post

I would love to see this type of system implemented. Unfortunately, this would take a dedicated and committed dev team, and I haven't seen this yet. What is especially unnerving is that this isn't an original idea. Many people, including myself, posted very similar ideas back when the game was being developed. The OP is actually a very well written and much expanded upon idea that I myself had posted about.

My point is that none of this is new to the development team. Many people touched on the importance of staying away from Warzones that awarded gear and instead focusing on actual objective based PvP. The development team decided to ignore that and is now facing the consequences and the realization that the PvP community isn't equivalent to a little kid who has silly ideas and notions.

A dedicated and serious PvP development team, preferably a new one, might be able to save SWTOR PvP, and perhaps the entire game itself.

I would love to see this type of system implemented. Unfortunately, this would take a dedicated and committed dev team, and I haven't seen this yet. What is especially unnerving is that this isn't an original idea. Many people, including myself, posted very similar ideas back when the game was being developed. The OP is actually a very well written and much expanded upon idea that I myself had posted about.

My point is that none of this is new to the development team. Many people touched on the importance of staying away from Warzones that awarded gear and instead focusing on actual objective based PvP. The development team decided to ignore that and is now facing the consequences and the realization that the PvP community isn't equivalent to a little kid who has silly ideas and notions.

A dedicated and serious PvP development team, preferably a new one, might be able to save SWTOR PvP, and perhaps the entire game itself.

Pretty much what he said. This isnt the first person to purpose the idea, just the first to make some illustrations showing it. (that ive seen anyway). Many of us, including myself, not only posted these kinds of ideas, but begged BW to use them during beta and before.

/signed

all very good ideas and it looks like the OP put a lot of work into this. EA/BW would hire you as a game designer if they were smart.

no, if they were smart, they'd take this idea and implement it on their own and not hire or pay the guy for it. Thus saving money lol. But they would hire me as a designer if they were smart :D

Am I missing something?

I still don't see how a substantial hp buff or defense buff to the outnumbered side doing entirely too much against a Zerg.

Without dmg, they'll never break the opposing Zerg, unless no healers are allowed on these planets.

Or, were their initiatives in this design to spread people out more? Remember the psychology of people, they're naturally going to be inclined to gang up if they have the option.