Do you skip quests?

Darth_Menace

If you don't do space combat or pvp, you really can't skip them or you will not level properly. But there are times when I wish I could...

I finished my JKG story at level 49 and not 50 because I skipped a couple of quests along the way, and was consistently lower level than the quests were geared for. But, I am that awesome that I finished them anyway! :D

If you don't do space combat or pvp, you really can't skip them or you will not level properly. But there are times when I wish I could...

Not true. I only did a few of the lower level space combat missions, did minimal PVP (I'm only valor rank 9), skipped most of the flashpoints and I still had no problems getting to 50 before I finished Corellia.

And I only did the bonus series on 2 or 3 planets.

Edited by iain_b

Well i have rerolled a lot, never got past level 20 before, but now on my level 40 char i figured i will skip every second planet (will do the class quest):

So as republics Sage i did :

Tython - 1-10

Coruscant - 10 - 18

Taris - 18-26 (did all quests)

Nar Shaddaa - 26-27 (just Class quest)

Tatooine - 27 -34 (all quests)

Alderan - 34 - 36 ( Just class quest and first part of World quest)

Balmorra - 36-41 ( all quests )

Quesh -41 ( Just class quest)

Hoth - 41 ¬ (will do all quests )

Belsavis --- (will skip only class quests )

And so on.

So when i roll an alt , i will do nar shadda , aldera, quesh , belsavis and so on.

On my main char i will do the missing worlds when i hit 50 and when i have them done on my Alt. I am a person who really wants to do all quests , find all Codexes and all Datacrons , so ... its hard :D So at the end you kinda do have a choice and like this content is always challenger and you don't over level.

Never skip a quest because I feel like I am missing out, even if it s a grey.

I am forced to skip some group quests on Balmorre, (Is it the level 35-40?) simply because I have been searching 3 days for a group, and nothing has turned up so, for the first time I gave up :(

I went away for the holidays and made the mistake of logging out my toon in a cantina. When I got back I had rested XP from 30 all the way through 50 so I missed out on a ton of stuff. While I did *some* stuff on each of those later level planets I didn't realize just how much I missed until I started collecting datacrons. In some cases it looks like I only did about 25% of a planet.

On a new alt I'm trying to do everything I missed and not logging out in rest zones. I usually skip the bonus quests unless it's one of those ones that you end up practically finishing by the time you get to the objective anyway but I do try to do the Bonus Series line whenever I can find them as they usually have pretty good rewards.

Not true. I only did a few of the lower level space combat missions, did minimal PVP (I'm only valor rank 9), skipped most of the flashpoints and I still had no problems getting to 50 before I finished Corellia.

And I only did the bonus series on 2 or 3 planets.

And I did no PvP, and a couple of Space battles, and had this issue... sooooo, I guess it was true for me and not for you! Can we agree on that??? :D

Yea, my server usually has fewer than 20 people on almost any given planet save DK. Consequently it's very uncommon to find people for heroics and I just leave them on my list with the possibility of coming back later - they almost always go grey and get deleted.

I went away for the holidays and made the mistake of logging out my toon in a cantina. When I got back I had rested XP from 30 all the way through 50 so I missed out on a ton of stuff.

How can you miss stuff, just because a quest is grea, dosent mean you cant do it?

I got a little too addicted to space missions and pvp in the 30s. This caused me to get to Tatooine with all the quests there gray. Because of this, I ended up skipping all non class quests on Tatooine. I will be going back with another character at some point....

Btw, I loved the Hoth quest lines, but the WHITE ICE and my video card seriously blinded me and caused me to drop some quests because of vision impairment and headaches.

At what point does it become acceptable to play with sunglasses?

Edited by Sardoodledom

I got a little too addicted to space missions and pvp in the 30s. This caused me to get to Tatooine with all the quests there gray. Because of this, I ended up skipping all non class quests on Tatooine. I will be going back with another character at some point....

Btw, I loved the Hoth quest lines, but the WHITE ICE and my video card seriously blinded me and caused me to drop some quests because of vision impairment and headaches.

At what point does it become acceptable to play with sunglasses?

Haha I so hear you on the Hoth/vision thing...I play early in the mornings and since the fam is asleep it has to be dark, so you can imagine the blinding white of the monitor contrasted with near darkness all around me...I couldn't wait to get off Hoth. Just for that I'll probably have to get glasses in a few years lol...

Also LOL at the quests are linear statement. Welcome to RPGs

EQ, AO, DaoC, WoW and Rift to a lesser extent provided more than one path to level up. Non-linear paths are not only common in MMOs, they've been around a long time. I'm sure there are others that could be added to this list.

Yes. There is more interesting content for me to experience by skipping quests with the time I have free to play.

Besides, 80% of the quests are the same thing rehashed into another "different" quest.

OK the game is story driven but I don't play MMORPG's mainly for a story driven game. I Play for the mainly MMO aspect s I believe the best RPG's are single player.