Another Angry Thread

Neviaz

I just want to express how disappointed I am with EA and Bioware!!

First of all you've attempted to create the best MMORPG of all time. Spent over 4 years and 100+ million dollars on the game, gave us voice over acting and a storyline that was worked on by a full time team of writers for 2 years before they even announced the game would be released. You've had long enough, you have been working on this forever and this is complete B%##$^&% that I have to wait another day or two to play, I ordered my copy on Nov 21, 2011.

Second, (and how ludicrous is this) you announced you would be offering up to 5 days of early access and the people who signed up first would be granted access before anyone else. Now how is it fair that the first people to put their names on a list saying I want to play this game, get to play the game first. Just because 700,000 ish people signed up before me, I really feel that I should have been granted access on the first day in the first wave of people. I mean, I paid the exact same thing that everyone else did, so that makes me more important right? I just want to say I feel this is a very unprofessional way to do business, I was promised I would be allowed to play the game before the public release, sometime between Dec 15th and Dec 20th is what you advertised. It is now Dec 14th and I still do not have access!!! I'm seriously thinking of canceling my Pre-Order because of this.

Third, you decided to allow early access to begin 2 days early so people could begin enjoying the game earlier than expected. That's just ignorant!!! nuff said

Fourth, Early game access was staggered to allow your servers a chance to balance and adapt to the load. Now that's just stupid, And you even went so far as to gloat about it, reminding us for months just rubbing it in over and over that some people would not be able to play on the first day of early access. Very poor excuse, It's not like having 930,000+ people logging on at the same time could possibly cause problems. I would expect that every server designed for say 10,000 people, would see no more than 10,000 people trying to log onto it at the same time causing it to crash, followed by a chain reaction with other servers as everyone tries to log back in to a new server. It's not like that could possibly happen so I don't know what you guys are worried about.

Fifth, Myself along with 750,000 were offered a chance to play your final beta in which I experienced minimal lag (very minimal), dc'd maybe twice at most, and had a TON of fun but the game really reminded me of other MMORPG's I've played. No it didn't look the same but there was just something strangely familiar, when I pressed certain buttons like the spacebar My character would jump just as it does in so many other games, I had a macro pallet which the same numbers on my keyboard worked the same way, There was a MAP!!! just like in a ton of other games, you clearly are trying to rip them off. Why else would you be using certain aspects I am used to. Personally I would have used TLCD for movement instead of WASD. I am also currently writing Ford to suggest on all 2013 models they move the gas and brake pedals to the passenger side of their vehicles.

At this point I really feel let down by EA and Bioware, I think we all should cancel our Pre-Orders to teach them a lesson!!.

Seriously guys how ridiculous is all of this, They have a very nice running game that is very enjoyable to play. the launch seems to be going very well and they have even tried their best to get as many people on as quickly as they can. I ordered my copy on Nov 21, 2011 and will likely get on by friday (I hope) which will give me 4 days of early access instead of 2. To this I would like to say THANK YOU to Bioware since I will likely enjoy my weekend off playing Star Wars.

For those of you encountering problems, I am sorry to hear that things did not work out as well as expected. When dealing with nearly a million people there are bound to be mistakes, even a .001 margin is still 1000 people. It sucks, there's no denying that. I'm looking forward to playing just as much as you and everyone else, I watch my email all day from my cell lol.

If you want to blame anyone for poor customer support, blame the thousands of idiots calling 10 times a day saying "DUR! When do I get to play, I was promised 5 days and it's almost been 5 days"

To Bioware: The one mistake I do believe you made was lack of communication. It would have been so nice to see a letter advising us of what to expect. You have to understand that some people are extremely excited for this event and have been waiting for years for this day. It would have been appropriate to issue a statement such as:

"We understand the anticipation you all have for this release, as much as we would like to provide you all with more information on the exact time and date you will be granted early access, we are currently unable. With any project of this magnitude there are many unforeseen challenges as we try to accommodate nearly a million people. We have spent a long time working on this project to ensure a stable and enjoyable product at launch, That being said there are many issues that can affect the speed we are able to populate the servers. We are all working very hard and appreciate your patience in this matter."

A post like that on your website main page I think would have saved a lot of misunderstanding.

Edited by Neviaz

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to express how disappointed I am with EA and Bioware!!

First of all you've attempted to create the best MMORPG of all time. Spent over 4 years and 100+ million dollars on the game, gave us voice over acting and a storyline that was worked on by a full time team of writers for 2 years before they even announced the game would be released. You've had long enough, you have been working on this forever and this is complete B%##$^&% that I have to wait another day or two to play, I ordered my copy on Nov 21, 2011.

Second, (and how ludicrous is this) you announced you would be offering up to 5 days of early access and the people who signed up first would be granted access before anyone else. Now how is it fair that the first people to put their names on a list saying I want to play this game, get to play the game first. Just because 700,000 ish people signed up before me, I really feel that I should have been granted access on the first day in the first wave of people. I mean, I paid the exact same thing that everyone else did, so that makes me more important right? I just want to say I feel this is a very unprofessional way to do business, I was promised I would be allowed to play the game before the public release, sometime between Dec 15th and Dec 20th is what you advertised. It is now Dec 14th and I still do not have access!!! I'm seriously thinking of canceling my Pre-Order because of this.

Third, you decided to allow early access to begin 2 days early so people could begin enjoying the game earlier than expected. That's just ignorant!!! nuff said

Fourth, Early game access was staggered to allow your servers a chance to balance and adapt to the load. Now that's just stupid, And you even went so far as to gloat about it, reminding us for months just rubbing it in over and over that some people would would not be able to play on the first day of early access. Very poor excuse, It's not like having 930,000+ people logging on at the same time could possibly cause problems. I would expect that every server designed for say 10,000 people, would see no more than 10,000 people trying to log onto it at the same time causing it to crash, followed by a chain reaction with other servers as everyone tries to log back in to a new server. It's not like that could possibly happen so I don't know what you guys are worried about.

Fifth, Myself along with 750,000 were offered a chance to play your final beta in which I experienced minimal lag (very minimal), dc'd maybe twice at most, and had a TON of fun but the game really reminded me of other MMORPG's I've played. No it didn't look the same but there was just something strangely familiar, when I pressed certain buttons like the spacebar My character would jump just as it does in so many other games, I had a macro pallet which the same numbers on my keyboard worked the same way, There was a MAP!!! just like in a ton of other games, you clearly are trying to rip them off. Why else would you be using certain aspects I am used to. Personally I would have used TLCD for movement instead of WASD. I am also currently writing Ford to suggest on all 2013 models they move the gas and brake pedals to the passenger side of their vehicles.

At this point I really feel let down by EA and Bioware, I think we all should cancel our Pre-Orders to teach them a lesson!!

Seriously guys how ridiculous is all of this, They have a very nice running game that is very enjoyable to play. the launch seems to be going very well and they have even tried their best to get as many people on as quickly as they can. I ordered my copy on Nov 21, 2011 and will likely get on by friday (I hope) which will give me 4 days of early access instead of 2. To this I would like to say THANK YOU to Bioware since I will likely enjoy my weekend off playing Star Wars.

For those of you encountering problems, I am sorry to hear that things did not work out as well as expected. When dealing with nearly a million people there are bound to be mistakes, even a .001 margin is still 1000 people. It sucks, there's no denying that. I'm looking forward to playing just as much as you and everyone else, I watch my email all day from my cell lol.

Customer support will be useless atm and it's not like they are trying to offer poor support, but put your self in their shoes, you are launching a game with nearly a million players who have Pre-Ordered a game. You know you will be receiving aprox 500,000 between 8am and 8pm for 2 or 3 days and average call duration was 10 minutes. You would need just under 7000 people to answer calls promptly, you try to hire 7000 people to train for a week or 2 perhaps more, who are willing to work for 3 days getting yelled at by angry customers. Oh and not to mention you also have to purchase equipment such as phones and desks computers etc, let's say you went Wallmart cheap, cheap headset $10, Cheap Desk $50, Cheap computer $500, Cheap chair $25, works out to like 4 mil! not including phone lines, buildings, internet, training etc, how much you willing to cough up for that game?

If you want to blame anyone for poor customer support, blame the thousands of idiots calling 10 times a day saying "DUR! When do I get to play, I was promised 5 days and it's almost been 5 days"

To Bioware: The one mistake I do believe you made on behalf of the customers was lack of communication. It would have been so nice to see a letter advising us of what to expect. You have to understand that some people are extremely excited for this event and have been waiting for years for this day. It would have been appropriate to issue a statement such as:

"We understand the anticipation you all have for this release, as much as we would like to provide you all with more information on the exact time and date you will be granted early access, we are currently unable. With any project of this magnitude there are many unforeseen challenges as we try to accommodate nearly a million people. We have spent a long time working on this project to ensure a stable and enjoyable product at launch, That being said there are many issues that can affect the speed we are able to populate the servers. We are all working very hard and appreciate your patience in this matter."

A post like that on your website main page I think would have saved a lot of misunderstanding.

Dont play!

I dont understand this part....

If you actually wanted people to read your post at all, why would you title it "another angry thread".

Most people who click a title like that are already planning to troll you before even seeing the content. Or perhaps hoping for some sort of sarcastic joke topic.

i cant tell if your joking or just really stupid. I'm gonna guess its the latter of the two. When you chose to pre-order the game, you should have understood the terms of the pre-order. They had a pre-order FAQ available for you to view right next to the pre-order screen. Also how is it "Just Ignorant" to allow people to play two days early??? That phrase is "just ignorant". The fact of the matter, basically they let the EGA start 2 days early so that they could give the people who pre-ordered late the ability to play longer than one day. In fact, looking at the new 45 servers, its possible that the rest of us will get to play tomorrow, if not by Friday. This basically means that you will be able to play all weekend(unless you work on weekends) on brand new(or 1 day old) servers. WTH is wrong with that situation??

Also, for all those who are cancelling their pre-orders because of this are REALLY REALLY stupid. What do you gain from cancelling? You get 5$ back and you don't play the game you've been waiting to play for along time? Your so worked up over not being able to play for 2 days, which are bonus days, that you are gonna quit playing the game all together? Ok then, good luck to ya bud. Enjoy playing whatever MMO you are bored and sick playing already.:p

Nice effort

On the Communication, thats spot on. Its been messy lately, and so much of it could have been handled so much better, and what annoys people is that Bioware set such high standards on this for themselves that they are not even getting close to now

Information has been handled poorly, it will be a mark on an otherwise smooth launch

I can't stand it. On the one hand you get these entitled gits who think that the moment something didn't go THEIR WAY or that maybe there was confusion or something its a piss take and utterly contemptible.

On the other hand you have the fan boys who defend everything no matter how ridiculous and answer always the same 'don't play if you have complaints' which is dumb cause the moment they found out that they weren't getting in in the first 2 hours of EGA they went from Category B Fanboy to Category A Whiny Idiot.

And in the middle there are people like me to who flame the trolls on both sides and desperately hope that some legitimate light gets thrown on our legitimate concerns.

Grace period fiasco? Ridiculous thing to drop 2 weeks before launch. Staggered launch EGA? Intelligent decision made months and months ago, a fact which of course does not mitigate the sudden criticism of it.

Can you guys stop raging and just play the game? If you don't have the game yet then just watch a live stream, check out some videos, listen to Mos Eisley radio, or I dunno, maybe find a way to be productive to the community.

I'm so tired of idiotic diatribe. Even if people are right about something the way they express it is just... useless. They don't make a logical argument, they make it personal.

"I'm disappointed" rather than "This makes no sense because of A B C and D."

Bah, screw it. I'm level 13. I'm gonna go see if I can get off Coruscant before I go to bed. :rolleyes:

I just want to say I feel this is a very unprofessional way to do business, I was promised I would be allowed to play the game before the public release, sometime between Dec 15th and Dec 20th is what you advertised. It is now Dec 14th and I still do not have access!!!

wow, kudos for taking the time to type that out,

and i actually did read it all

just wanted to ask, did YOU read what you posted???

i cant tell if your joking or just really stupid. I'm gonna guess its the latter of the two. When you chose to pre-order the game, you should have understood the terms of the pre-order. They had a pre-order FAQ available for you to view right next to the pre-order screen. Also how is it "Just Ignorant" to allow people to play two days early??? That phrase is "just ignorant". The fact of the matter, basically they let the EGA start 2 days early so that they could give the people who pre-ordered late the ability to play longer than one day. In fact, looking at the new 45 servers, its possible that the rest of us will get to play tomorrow, if not by Friday. This basically means that you will be able to play all weekend(unless you work on weekends) on brand new(or 1 day old) servers. WTH is wrong with that situation??

Also, for all those who are cancelling their pre-orders because of this are REALLY REALLY stupid. What do you gain from cancelling? You get 5$ back and you don't play the game you've been waiting to play for along time? Your so worked up over not being able to play for 2 days, which are bonus days, that you are gonna quit playing the game all together? Ok then, good luck to ya bud. Enjoy playing whatever MMO you are bored and sick playing already.:p

dis guy. profundity: the lack. or maybe it's just inability to read for comprehension...

Fourth, Early game access was staggered to allow your servers a chance to balance and adapt to the load. Now that's just stupid, And you even went so far as to gloat about it, reminding us for months just rubbing it in over and over that some people would would not be able to play on the first day of early access. Very poor excuse, It's not like having 930,000+ people logging on at the same time could possibly cause problems. I would expect that every server designed for say 10,000 people, would see no more than 10,000 people trying to log onto it at the same time causing it to crash, followed by a chain reaction with other servers as everyone tries to log back in to a new server. It's not like that could possibly happen so I don't know what you guys are worried about.

Haven't laughed this hard at something I read on a forum in a long time. Thank you for this sarcastic rant! Really a nice change from the serious QQ's.