Is the Jedi Knight's story any good?

HalloWorld

Really? The majority seem to label trooper as one of the more boring stories... but then again knight is considered one of the best and I'm disappointed so far. :rolleyes: I'll give it a shot.

Some people prefer trooper story. Personally I though it was quite boring and some things really annoyed me as they weren't realistic(been in army myself). On dark side I played for a while it was pretty fun.

Jedi was pretty interesting but like with trooper I felt jedi storys end was a disappoiment or atleast letdown.

I didn't feel the end was spectacular. They felt like chain of ordinary quests. With Jedi I even started to press spacebar in last missions. Too easy and not very interesting. And last fights were not very beliavable for me.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly. Jedi Knight just feels like an extension of the planet quests. Weapon on planet X, go destroy it; weapon on planet Y, etc. It's basically like grinding out an extra planet questline (hours) and then getting maybe 20 minutes of actual class story. I would've enjoyed it much more if they had maybe just one weapon on one planet, and then the other planets actually tied in to the story, like you're pursuing leads and investigating how to actually stop the bad guy, why he's doing it, what other Sith think about what's going on, etc.

I enjoyed it quite a bit; pretty sure the basic story arc is what would have been KOTOR3, in some form or another (though I imagine in Kotor3 the ending significance/divergence would be severely ramped up). I've only played smuggler to 50 so far as well, but it also seems to mesh with the planetary arcs better than any of the other classes I've played too.

I went 90% light side through the game, though in the final confrontation at the end I went with the dark choice. After watching the others, it just felt so much more epic (the music also helped vs. the lightside choices)... And I still got named master since I was Light IV at the time.

And then afterwards taking a -800 rep hit from Lord Scourge for making fun of his "stupid plan" when he chides you for saving Kira... lol. I wish more of the storyline's dialogue captured emotion like in this exchange... he tends to be a bit dry.

Edited by Halkyon

So for anyone who feels the same way, what class would you recommend I roll next? I'd prefer something that flows well the whole way through. I just hate having to burn through filler to get the little tasty treats at the end of every planet.

Sith Warrior.

Gotta say, I'm actually enjoying the Jedi Knight storyline.

It does feel like I'm the galaxy's repairman sometimes, fixing all the crap the Republic messes up - but, when I get to mess with planet-decimating superweapons and beat up many angry Sith, it's very worth it.

The other reason I like it, being a male JK, is that your story is very entwined with your companion Kira's. Seeing how the story affects both of you is just awesome. I've played a Sith Warrior, a Trooper, an Inquisitor, and a Bounty Hunter, and an Imperial Agent (Haven't gotten far with the IA yet though) and so far the Knight storyline is my favorite for this reason. No other class's quests seem so tied with their companion.

My Jedi is predominantly light side, with a hint of the dark side - mostly passion and romance stuff. I just don't have the heart to be a Dark Jedi lol.

You havent seen the films or read the books then? :D

Let me see, there are two deathstars, star forge, centre point station, Mass shadow generator, Dark Reaper, shawken Device, though bomb, death star prototype, the tarkin, the sun crusher, the galaxy gun, world devestators and the dark sabre.

And they are just the ones I can remember!

And darth Nihilus, who himself is a walking planet destroying weapon.

Edited by Jandia

I think out of the whole thing, I only made 2 darkside choices.

One was telling Kira that any sith would have to go through me to get to her. The other was asking Scourge if he had any Sith tricks to show me.

So, I guess the council is right, and that attatchments will lead me to the darkside. But frankly, I'm not going to sacrifice thousands to save one life if it's immediate death for both of them, if I get a chance to I'm going to take a third option and save them all.

At one point, the JK story would have been the default story for all classes had they not gone with individual story/plot lines (or at least some variation there of).

You are Mace Freaking Windu with dual sabers, out to put boot to @ss and save the galaxy. You are such total BOSS that you not only save the planet and bring evil to justice, but manage to do it while saving kittens from trees and helping little old ladies cross the street. There is no task to small or too large, and THAT is just how you roll :)

I personally kept dying due to their lack of survivability, so i pretty much gave up on the class entirely, i hoped for them to get buffed in survivability, but they only got an ability that has a over the top cooldown and it really shouldn't have a cooldown, its needed THAT much.

I've played all 4 classes on the republic side and i have to tell you that the Jedi Knight story was by far the best.

If you have played Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1,2 then you won't be disappointed, since the Jedi Knight story is the continuing of the Kotor 2. If you really want to pick up the story line then i suggest reading KotOR 1,2 story AND Star Wars the old republic: Revan book as well, since you will get a companion called Scourge, who will deeply impact the story connection between Kotor 2 and TOR as far as story goes.

All in all, kotor 1,2 + the book Revan + TOR's JK story line makes the KOTOR trilogy whole.

I found the Jedi Knight's story to be pretty good. It starts out slow with coruscant pretty much setting things to happen in the rest of act 1. The ending for act 1 is the best part and things start to get epic and hints towards what act 2 is going to be about.

Acts 2 and 3 are the best in the entire game in my opinion and feel the most epic in scope on saving the galaxy.

• 1 year later...
At one point, the JK story would have been the default story for all classes had they not gone with individual story/plot lines (or at least some variation there of).

You are Mace Freaking Windu with dual sabers, out to put boot to @ss and save the galaxy. You are such total BOSS that you not only save the planet and bring evil to justice, but manage to do it while saving kittens from trees and helping little old ladies cross the street. There is no task to small or too large, and THAT is just how you roll :)

Best quote Ive seen all day.

• 1 year later...
I personally believe that the story is best played as a LS male that romances Kira (That was how I got the most out of it. It is the best story in the entire game, and quite possibly the best ever imo. The male voice actor created the best definition of "Jedi Knight". Kira was by far the best romance in the game. Companions played a big part in the game (like Kira being a child of the emporer or T7 assisting the knight in killing the voice). Companions interacted with each other (e.g.) Scourge's contempt for Kira or Doc"s flirting with her. This earned a 10/10 from me and is by far the best story in the game.

I personally believe that the story is best played as a LS male that romances Kira (That was how I got the most out of it. It is the best story in the entire game, and quite possibly the best ever imo. The male voice actor created the best definition of "Jedi Knight". Kira was by far the best romance in the game. Companions played a big part in the game (like Kira being a child of the emporer or T7 assisting the knight in killing the voice). Companions interacted with each other (e.g.) Scourge's contempt for Kira or Doc"s flirting with her. This earned a 10/10 from me and is by far the best story in the game.

/Necro

• 1 year later...

I didn't like the story...not one bit. By the end of it I grew so tired of the over polite, nigh on servile tone of the Knight...and oh my the plot itself.....

It is classic corny/cheesy chosen one fair. The end confrontation makes no logical sense:

The first time you and several other very powerful masters all attack the Emperor he slaps you ALL down the contemptuous ease-like you are nothing. He then dominates your mind and the minds of the other jedi all at the same time. Then there is the "escape" erm....you just wander out like you are on a sunday morning stroll....lol??Then the final fight you face the Emperor, the guy who has been alive for a thousand years who got his power from the deaths of a billion souls...the guy who keeps legions of scary powerful sith in line....and you beast him like he's nothing. This same guy you just smash then becomes the "over arching threat" in Revan...

And the Knight's voice, I actually deleted my level 55 Knight simply because I couldn't stand the thought of that servile, holier-than-thou priss throughout the next expansion....ugh burn it with FIRE!:D

I would say it has the best connection to everything going on in the expansions, which is probably why Bio-ware chose the Jedi Knight as it's poster child for KOTFE.

Warrior begs to differ. No republic scum should ever be on posters!

Both compete for "main" hero spot, with 2 different approaches to the Emperor plot. And since this is SW, and SW was always about dudes with lightsabers saving the day (no, heavy force using doesn't qualify), other classes are put aside.

Warrior begs to differ. No republic scum should ever be on posters!

Both compete for "main" hero spot, with 2 different approaches to the Emperor plot. And since this is SW, and SW was always about dudes with lightsabers saving the day (no, heavy force using doesn't qualify), other classes are put aside.

Except that the Knight by doing what he did in the end, he actually helped the Empire which unified under the strong leadership of Marr and with the help of the Inquisitor, now a member of the Dark Council, managed to recover and bounce back (Makeb storyline and beyond).

Then the blind obedience of the Warrior was only harmful to the Empire, and in case a failure in the end given the Knight story.

On the other hand we have the Consular who "silently" unified some strong allies to the Republic, and saved the day from two fatal plots, with the last one actually being the main reason for opening the door to the Knight.

No question there, Consular and Inquisitor are the outlanders. Knight and Warrior should be sent a thank you card by the opposing faction. ;)

I would say it has the best connection to everything going on in the expansions, which is probably why Bio-ware chose the Jedi Knight as it's poster child for KOTFE.

Clearly that's a sage in battle armor. It is more evident in the second poster with Lana, where he starts channeling earthquake. ;) Apparently, he has taught Lana how to do that also :p.

• 2 years later...

No i really am dissappointed with all the JEDI storylines.. well except Jedi Shadow (going dark) was good.

Too much puppy dog cuddles and unicorn glitter poop that cant be removed.

[ The Imperial Agent / Sniper was the best storyline out of all of them , which were well written.. and Bounty Hunter was kinda fun ] - just stay away from that aweful Jedi storyline.. ( but after a while of playing its a fun ability character to play like every other character ]

The writers of the jedi storyline should be taken out and shot along with the creator of the title of HOT PROSPECT for a server name.. maybe it was the same lame person?