Remove Commendation Limit so new 50's can compete

JBGames

I am only lvl 25 on my two pvp toons so i haven't had a problem with having too many comms. Is it really that bad where you can buy everything there is to buy and still have so many comms that you hit the cap?

How low is the cap?

Cap is 1000 Merc, 1000 WZ Commendations.

Now - if you "enjoy" PvPing, which - I do actually, even with the stupid ability delay on Republic ones compared to Imperial ones (but that's another story)... you can cap within probably 4 days to a weeks worth of WZ'ing (I did the Merc/WZ Commendation over a couple of days of pocket-tanking for a healer I picked up, and we both started from nearly nil Merc and a couple of hundred WZ each - finishing within 2 games of each other to cap).

Admittedly, rates will be different per "role" and how successful you are in those roles, but - I reckon I average 80 Commendations per WZ in Voidstar/Alderaan, and about 60 in Huttball.

One argument against this - that I saw was "DO SOMETHING ELSE!" effectively. What if people enjoy PvPing? It's certainly more challenging than killing weak mobs over and over. I enjoy - what cameraderie there is between guilds, who PvP regularly.

To - effectively stop the difference between the OCD PvP'er and the "normals". Well guess what Kiddo. They're already set up in place, at level 50, with high end PvP gear. Normals "need" to be able to grind out something with the current setup else, guess what, they're just going to be vaped the second they roll up into a 50 bracket WZ - so that people who "enjoy" PvP, but aren't hardcore grinders can effectively join in.

Other solutions have been bandied about too, like opening sets of gear (blue standard), but until those are in place, the easiest way to allow for people to prepare is just to remove the cap.

Since being a PvP'er, now I'm capped, I went straight for Corellia, missing out sidequests on other places, so I'd have access to Commendations for their to help mix up the gear availability when I finally hit 50. Weird, I'm just grinding SOMEWHERE ELSE to achieve a subpar solution. Epic.

Flashpoints, while amusing - tend to be a ninjaloot fest already (if I don't go with a guild run - and my guild isn't that super busy, so - PvP it is) - even to the point that I've had Sages/Guardians/Sentinels/Smugglers and Troopers rolling "need" on Double Bladed Sabers.

Story Quests are entertaining enough I guess, but some of the world quests, I just tend to pass by because half the time, I'm faced with 2-3+ Imps trying to prove how brave they are by taking me apart. I think the ratio of people I saw on Voss - was something like 12 Imps (different ones), while there was 3 other Republic on the planet of which I saw 1. Not always fun (although catching them offguard and knocking them into a deathtrap - be that mobs/terrain is always amusing).

If people "want" to PvP let them. Don't make the grind for gear worse than it needs to be. It's already RNG Hell.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now - if you "enjoy" PvPing, which - I do actually, even with the stupid ability delay on Republic ones compared to Imperial ones (but that's another story)... you can cap within probably 4 days to a weeks worth of WZ'ing (I did the Merc/WZ Commendation over a couple of days of pocket-tanking for a healer I picked up, and we both started from nearly nil Merc and a couple of hundred WZ each - finishing within 2 games of each other to cap).

Admittedly, rates will be different per "role" and how successful you are in those roles, but - I reckon I average 80 Commendations per WZ in Voidstar/Alderaan, and about 60 in Huttball.

One argument against this - that I saw was "DO SOMETHING ELSE!" effectively. What if people enjoy PvPing? It's certainly more challenging than killing weak mobs over and over. I enjoy - what cameraderie there is between guilds, who PvP regularly.

To - effectively stop the difference between the OCD PvP'er and the "normals". Well guess what Kiddo. They're already set up in place, at level 50, with high end PvP gear. Normals "need" to be able to grind out something with the current setup else, guess what, they're just going to be vaped the second they roll up into a 50 bracket WZ - so that people who "enjoy" PvP, but aren't hardcore grinders can effectively join in.

Other solutions have been bandied about too, like opening sets of gear (blue standard), but until those are in place, the easiest way to allow for people to prepare is just to remove the cap.

Since being a PvP'er, now I'm capped, I went straight for Corellia, missing out sidequests on other places, so I'd have access to Commendations for their to help mix up the gear availability when I finally hit 50. Weird, I'm just grinding SOMEWHERE ELSE to achieve a subpar solution. Epic.

Flashpoints, while amusing - tend to be a ninjaloot fest already (if I don't go with a guild run - and my guild isn't that super busy, so - PvP it is) - even to the point that I've had Sages/Guardians/Sentinels/Smugglers and Troopers rolling "need" on Double Bladed Sabers.

Story Quests are entertaining enough I guess, but some of the world quests, I just tend to pass by because half the time, I'm faced with 2-3+ Imps trying to prove how brave they are by taking me apart. I think the ratio of people I saw on Voss - was something like 12 Imps (different ones), while there was 3 other Republic on the planet of which I saw 1. Not always fun (although catching them offguard and knocking them into a deathtrap - be that mobs/terrain is always amusing).

If people "want" to PvP let them. Don't make the grind for gear worse than it needs to be. It's already RNG Hell.

Good post.

Yikes, my Vanguard is lvl 25 with a full set of lvl 20 pvp gear and 900 someodd comms. I better find stuff to buy. I was going to just save them til I could use the lvl 40 pvp set, but I'd be wasting a lot of comms since I am nearly at 1k now.

I did misunderstand the first post of yours I quoted, thanks for clearing it up without defaulting to typical forum trash talk.

Yikes, my Vanguard is lvl 25 with a full set of lvl 20 pvp gear and 900 someodd comms. I better find stuff to buy. I was going to just save them til I could use the lvl 40 pvp set, but I'd be wasting a lot of comms since I am nearly at 1k now.

I did misunderstand the first post of yours I quoted, thanks for clearing it up without defaulting to typical forum trash talk.

This is why I'm in favour of removing the cap - also because people don't realise it caps so low (and can lose a LOT of commendations that way), with how they rack up.

I also recommend, when you've got spare WZ Commendations, chopping them in for the Merc ones at 30 WZ > 10 Merc. If you do a lot of PvP, buy the Epic Speeder early (once you're capped), then get a Champ bag, stick it in your bank, and then recap (once you've got 40 gear setup + any companions you want to gear up. I've partially geared up Tharan and Nadia on my Shadow by 47 with 40 gear).

You're welcome, glad I could save you from making a huge loss of Commendations.

OH NO YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR GEAR! this is insane!....ok enough sarcasm...

so what your saying is that to make it so people who have been 50 for a while don't rock a freash 50 you want no commendation limit? how dumb..... sounds like you just want your gear handed to you and not really have to work it. And no grinding a lot of commendations while lvling is not working for your gear, that is having gear handed to you as you hit max lvl. There always be someone better geared then you. You either deal with it or work towards tha t better gear...not ask for handouts...

OH NO YOU HAVE TO WORK FOR GEAR! this is insane!....ok enough sarcasm...

so what your saying is that to make it so people who have been 50 for a while don't rock a freash 50 you want no commendation limit? how dumb..... sounds like you just want your gear handed to you and not really have to work it. And no grinding a lot of commendations while lvling is not working for your gear, that is having gear handed to you as you hit max lvl. There always be someone better geared then you. You either deal with it or work towards tha t better gear...not ask for handouts...

Just out of curiousity, how exactly - is grinding WZ's at 10-49, and building up your currency and chance to hold your own against already geared and pre 1.1 players any different from what people who got all their gear pre 1.1 - farming lowbies?

Ahh, that was working for your gear. Riiiiight. I get it.

And this people of the forums, is why - I'm in favour of removing the "cap".

so what your saying is that to make it so people who have been 50 for a while don't rock a freash 50 you want no commendation limit? how dumb.

Seriously. It's absolutely ridiculous and self-centered to want a PVP system that doesn't involve getting owned by better-geared players for weeks while you build your own gear feeding off the scraps.

What are you THINKING people? The nerve! Grow up and get farmed for weeks like everyone else!

This is why I'm in favour of removing the cap - also because people don't realise it caps so low (and can lose a LOT of commendations that way), with how they rack up.

I also recommend, when you've got spare WZ Commendations, chopping them in for the Merc ones at 30 WZ > 10 Merc. If you do a lot of PvP, buy the Epic Speeder early (once you're capped), then get a Champ bag, stick it in your bank, and then recap (once you've got 40 gear setup + any companions you want to gear up. I've partially geared up Tharan and Nadia on my Shadow by 47 with 40 gear).

You're welcome, glad I could save you from making a huge loss of Commendations.

I would love to. I'm level 34, have all the 40 PVP gear in the bank, a champion bag, and I'm at 1000 of both commendations. But you can't buy a second bag, and both the speeders require the necessary valor level just to buy them! I guess I'm going to have to start buying gear for my companions now.

I would love to. I'm level 34, have all the 40 PVP gear in the bank, a champion bag, and I'm at 1000 of both commendations. But you can't buy a second bag, and both the speeders require the necessary valor level just to buy them! I guess I'm going to have to start buying gear for my companions now.

I never bothered with the mount myself - was busy "doing other things - since I to get bored of Huttball a lot", but assumed you could ahead of time (even if you couldn't use it).

Ahh well, shame about that - scratch the notion of buying a Mount or two then.

I got some gear for Tharan and Nadia myself, the former - who's decidedly useful for me for messing with Imperial plans in the open world. :)

Just out of curiousity, how exactly - is grinding WZ's at 10-49, and building up your currency and chance to hold your own against already geared and pre 1.1 players any different from what people who got all their gear pre 1.1 - farming lowbies?

Ahh, that was working for your gear. Riiiiight. I get it.

And this people of the forums, is why - I'm in favour of removing the "cap".

did i ever say that? Nope! i did not

Still does not change the fact that you just want your gear handed to you as you hit 50, getting rocked as a freash max lvl is nothing new. there will always be someone better geared and better skilled then you, sry its the way it is. No need to QQ on the fourms bout something silly.

If anything to just end the complaning they should jsut lower the commendations that low lvls get so theres no chance of hittisng the 1k limit (just as reasonable as your no limit to commendations is)

Edited by Obik

did i ever say that? Nope! i did not

Still does not change the fact that you just want your gear handed to you as you hit 50, getting rocked as a freash max lvl is nothing new. there will always be someone better geared and better skilled then you, sry its the way it is. No need to QQ on the fourms bout something silly

No, you misquoted me in a failed attempt to mock me. I didn't say that I wanted my gear "handed" to me, but - as you're probably aware, many already 50's are well rocking the Expertise, and that makes a HUGE difference in capability.

Since there isn't a premade "blue" set (with expertise) that we can acquire relatively easily at 50, you're trying to reinforce the standpoint that basically - anyone already there gets to effectively roflstomp any newly dinged 50 who wants to continue PvP'ing.

I've already stated (but you missed) that I'm in favour of other options being introduced, but - when you've got what you've got, you try and work with the system and the options that are the "easiest" to work with.

The people who've already got Battlemaster, will STILL have Battlemaster, and you can't get that BEFORE 50 (which is still as far as I'm aware the top rated PvP gear right), but - being able to access the first tier of PvP gear for newly dinged 50's presents a rage problem for you. I didn't realise you were that insecure with your position.

I have *no* qualms with experienced 50's having access to the BEST gear - however, I think there should also be options for people to rock into what's effectively a default set (tier 1), but since you like to twist my words, you'll probably find a way to make yourself look childish and inept once more. Carry on Sunshine. Happy days eh?

It would definitly balance things out and give fresh 50s a chance to start pwning right from the sec they hit max.

Pvers can transition from dungeons to raids very easily while fresh 50 pvpers have to suffer for weeks before they get to have some actual fun.

It's funny cause you used to be able to buy endgame gear at any lvl in WoW, and then they patched it so you have to meet the lvl req.

Why BioWare would do this is beyond me as you can't level to 50 during a warzone and abuse the gear for a game.

People that say "what's the point of PVPing if you don't get X gear or X shiny?" really just need to never PVP again.

They completely miss the point of PVP in the first place and with their numbers (ty farggin WOW) they jack up game after game as far as PVP goes with carrot chases. This is PVP, if you play well you should do well. If you play badly you should do badly. Stop looking for unfair advantages you talentless expletive expletive expletive tractor expletive expletive expletive and then paint the house expletive expletive expletive with a flight attendant expletive expletive expletive expletive expletive inside of a Volkswagen bug, expletive expletive expletive 3 times and then turn and expletive expletive expletive expletive indian style expletive expletive now expletive's!! With a baseball bat, expletive.

Now how about them apples? :).

*Note

I'm not really THAT worked up about it, but it's pretty lame and you really are not true PVP players. As well you really are messing up PVP players for everyone else with your perennial need for crutches.

This is a no brainer fix. Im surprised it has escaped bioware. What..... Nope I guess I'm not.

Thoughts?

<No , how many times we must repeat to people that , while many of them want an easy path to victory without having to play to get NOTHING.

Other people only remain playing while they are reward for the time they actually spent getting something.>

Me thinking you wanted to remove commendations so you could get free gear.

Ok , edt cause i have read it 5 times to understand it.

Now makes more sense ... yes acceptable, could then lvl whole alts doing only pvp myself then.

Edited by rzrknight

That's absurd. I leveled from level 21 all of the way to 50 in warzones. I would have been able to buy insane amount of bags. This would become common practice for everybody, and then anybody who didn't want to do warzones to level would be screwed once they hit 50.

I'm sorry, I missed the part where it's supposed to be "absurd". You did a lot of PvP... and reward for it?! WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!!!

People that say "what's the point of PVPing if you don't get X gear or X shiny?" really just need to never PVP again.

They completely miss the point of PVP in the first place and with their numbers (ty farggin WOW) they jack up game after game as far as PVP goes with carrot chases. This is PVP, if you play well you should do well. If you play badly you should do badly. Stop looking for unfair advantages you talentless expletive expletive expletive tractor expletive expletive expletive and then paint the house expletive expletive expletive with a flight attendant expletive expletive expletive expletive expletive inside of a Volkswagen bug, expletive expletive expletive 3 times and then turn and expletive expletive expletive expletive indian style expletive expletive now expletive's!! With a baseball bat, expletive.

Now how about them apples? :).

*Note

I'm not really THAT worked up about it, but it's pretty lame and you really are not true PVP players. As well you really are messing up PVP players for everyone else with your perennial need for crutches.

lol..

Yes and no. I like to PvP, it's fun. If everyone was 'equalized' I think it would be even more fun, as the true 'skill' is what would shine.

But where is the fun in knowing you're a better player, but because your gear sucks (even though you've spent weeks PVP'ing) you get facerolled.

Many 50's got the commendations for the gear they currently have by killing sub-50's in warzones prior to 1.1. I know I did, for a couple of weeks once I hit 50.

I don't see the harm in increasing the cap. They still have to grind the commendations, no matter what they're still doing the work!

There isn't a point in preventing the purchase prior to 50. Maybe back when nobody was 50 there was a point to it, but now that there are thousands of 50's at top valor, the reason for limiting it has disappeared.

The cap was there to get people to spend the commendations. Once you've purchased everything you are allowed to purchase, what then? It feels like such a waste to see that you're only playing for XP..valor and commendations are capped! (valor is capped until you level.)

Here's another thought, put level 25/30/35/45/49 pvp gear in! Then people won't hit the commendation cap..

Edited by Syrch

No, you misquoted me in a failed attempt to mock me. I didn't say that I wanted my gear "handed" to me, but - as you're probably aware, many already 50's are well rocking the Expertise, and that makes a HUGE difference in capability.

Since there isn't a premade "blue" set (with expertise) that we can acquire relatively easily at 50, you're trying to reinforce the standpoint that basically - anyone already there gets to effectively roflstomp any newly dinged 50 who wants to continue PvP'ing.

I've already stated (but you missed) that I'm in favour of other options being introduced, but - when you've got what you've got, you try and work with the system and the options that are the "easiest" to work with.

The people who've already got Battlemaster, will STILL have Battlemaster, and you can't get that BEFORE 50 (which is still as far as I'm aware the top rated PvP gear right), but - being able to access the first tier of PvP gear for newly dinged 50's presents a rage problem for you. I didn't realise you were that insecure with your position.

I have *no* qualms with experienced 50's having access to the BEST gear - however, I think there should also be options for people to rock into what's effectively a default set (tier 1), but since you like to twist my words, you'll probably find a way to make yourself look childish and inept once more. Carry on Sunshine. Happy days eh?

All i hear from you is "QQ QQ QQ someone doesn't agree with my view QQ QQ QQ"

your the one who seems to be acting childish jsut cuase i don't agree with what you think should be done. get over it.

All i hear from you is "QQ QQ QQ someone doesn't agree with my view QQ QQ QQ"

your the one who seems to be acting childish jsut cuase i don't agree with what you think should be done. get over it.

You're right about one thing, I don't agree with your viewpoint - trying to enforce a standpoint of "newbies should always be slaughtered - really doesn't generate a "fun" or "approachable" form of PvP.

I'm already prepped and well on my way towards being able to handle - level 50 PvP. Then again, I'm one of those people who possible borders on that level of commitment required to take the knocks. Many however - aren't. But I'm not so boorish as to think that making something unnattainable for the masses is big or clever.

When you look at what Bioware have posted - around 50% of accounts are PvPing. That means they want something "accessible". Trying to shut the door on that is like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

If people could rock up in a tier one set of PvP gear - with relative ease - they'd enjoy the game more. Stronger, better organised, better geared, better planning players would still win - however, there wouldn't be this HUGE leap from full PvE gear to full PvP.

And anyone with a modicum of maturity, rationality and intelligence will understand the reasoning behind why I'm saying this. I'm not saying FULL BM FOR ALL. But you clearly can't see that because you're too busy well, proving my already formed opinion of you. ;)

As for the rest, I think you proved exactly what I posted.

They just need to put in a starter PvP set that you can buy from PvP vendor that has a little expertise on it to move you up from PvE gear that is quite easy for new 50s to get. Problem solved.

As bastall said above you:

They had blue 50 pvp gear you could get on your home planet, but took it out of the game a couple weeks after launch. Bottom line is this, BioWare wants you to keep playing and chasing the gear, they don't care about balance and people having fun.

New under geared 50's would have stood a chance with the 50 blue pvp gear that gave about 250 expertise. Keep subbing though until you have all champ/battlemaster from their rng bags. Carrot on a stick = money in the bank. "

They did have a blue PvP set with 25 expertese per item & 450-550 commendation cost, but they took it out 1-2 weeks after launch....

Why - NFI

You're right about one thing, I don't agree with your viewpoint - trying to enforce a standpoint of "newbies should always be slaughtered - really doesn't generate a "fun" or "approachable" form of PvP.

Yep exactly what i said, twist my words less next time. and QQ less

This is a no brainer fix. Im surprised it has escaped bioware. What..... Nope I guess I'm not.

Thoughts?

Clearly they did this for a reason - they knew the only way they could keep people interested in PVP is by dangling the PVP gear carrot in their face.

So obviously removing the commendation cap would allow people to max gear quicker, and maxing gear quicker = no more carrot = lose of subs.

It's a shame they went the grind route, instead of.. you know... making decent pvp areas to keep people interested?

I would say that they should put at least centurion com's trade with wz's one so someone can have some started pvp gear (if he decides to "farm" it) when hits 50!

And for the love of god in future patches dont ever let the gap be more than a couple of tiers in wz's!once you patch new tier get rid of centurion and put in its place champion minimum