Operative/Scoundrel Nerf went to far!!

Qeuzolt

Star Wars: The Old Republic - 1.1.1 Patch Notes

Imperial Agent

Operative

Acid Blade: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

So the Operative nerf day is upon us. Sad day for all the ops, seems like they went ahead with a nerf that basically makes us useless in PVP, so now the class is crap in both PVP and PVE... I was hoping BW would fix our out of combat damage and nerf our stealth opener to be more in line with other abilities, but no they nerfed the opener, nerfed the already horrible out of combat damage and made our knockdown the worst CC in the game since it will give a full resolve bar for 1.5sec of stun.

GG BW

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP....

There goes our ability to burst down a Sorc/Sage. Hopefully through this people will realize how strong the Sorc/Sage shield truly is.

I am a really high ranked Sage healer. Nobody knows being on the short end of the Operative stick like I do. I'm in cloth, and when they knock me down...**** gets ugly, even through my 650 expertise.

However, even I think these nerfs sound a bit much.

Let's have the knockdown at 2 seconds, reduce hidden strike by say 12% damage and give them 35% armor pen with acid blade.

The numbers as are seem too dramatic.

I don't think they went too far. Frankly, I'm glad they gave us a nerf. This will separate the bad FOTM players from the players who know what they're doing.

Sincerely,

Level 50 Operative

so much this

the whining is like rogues in vanilla wow, one tiny nerf and they go berserk saying the class is broken.

Okay, well my Dirty Fighting Scoundrel will continue to do more damage than Scrapper. I don't see an issue here.

But the lack of TA generation outside of stealth make the spec undesirable for many. Also Dirty Fighting/Lethality damage can easily be healed through.

I don't think they went too far. Frankly, I'm glad they gave us a nerf. This will separate the bad FOTM players from the players who know what they're doing.

Yes. I have the distinct feeling the nerf will not be too much for a skilled Ops/Scoundrel player to handle. The 5-button FOTM monkeys, on the other hand, will likely have a very difficult time having to actually press a sixth button.

Everyone has to relax. The nerf's were completely necessary. The scoundrel, and Vanguard are next because they are so OP its ridiculous. You have to realize that BioWare obviously did not test PvP well enough before the release of this game. So your going to see things get worse before they get better. All classes will eventually be tooled to be even.

Im a Bounty Hunter. At lvl 48 i had a level 21 vanguard butt $#@! me in a warzone. Now some will say that i cant play my class, but i mean really? Same used to be for an operative at like level 15 could solo kill anyone higher level. So for those of you complaining about a nerf. It was completely justified by enough people complaining. It only seems harsh right now because your used to being GOD MODE! Well welcome to the rest of us!

Edited by Vewdo

..Same used to be for an operative at like level 15 could solo kill anyone higher level. So for those of you complaining about a nerf. It was completely justified by enough people complaining. It only seems harsh right now because your used to being GOD MODE! Well welcome to the rest of us!

Operatives don't get talented Hidden Strike till 36, os if you died from one before that you are terrible.

Also Acid Blade the dot that goes with it isn't till 40.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - 1.1.1 Patch Notes

Imperial Agent

Operative

Jarring Strike: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

Hidden Strike: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

So the Operative nerf day is upon us. Sad day for all the ops, seems like they went ahead with a nerf that basically makes us useless in PVP, so now the class is crap in both PVP and PVE... I was hoping BW would fix our out of combat damage and nerf our stealth opener to be more in line with other abilities, but no they nerfed the opener, nerfed the already horrible out of combat damage and made our knockdown the worst CC in the game since it will give a full resolve bar for 1.5sec of stun.

GG BW

The patch hasn't gone in yet. So how has your experinece on live server changed?

Lowered expectations perhaps or simply the placebo effect... LoL

Don't post about this nerf anymore. You've lost credibility.