[ CHALLENGE ] Show me DPS that matters

Febibi

At the end of the match, i could care less who has the most dps, heals, protection, and basically all of it...

I look at one thing, and thats if at the top of the scoreboard it says Victory.

Though it seems like more and more these days that type of thinking is the minority.

I appreciate your effort OP. You attempt to find a concrete way of measuring a player's skill level in PvP.

The problem is that the solution you have offered doesn't fit the bill. I can think of many scenario's where I can focus on getting 'the best numbers for your test' while at the same time allowing my team to fail miserably.

The only way to measure an individual's effectiveness for a team is to watch them play. Unless they start adding stats and measurements of actual gameplay skill and strategy...

"Got lured away from the point he was defending so he could get three easy kills, he got the kills, but then got cc'd and lost the point he was defending."

This is what happens when the other teams doesn't mind sitting in the red circle with lightning raining on them.

Actually that is all chain lightning. Practically no lightning storm.

Just CL on 6s cooldown with wrath. Hybrid spec ftw

Yall coming from WoW seem to think that numbers is what matters.... if your damage in that warzone was so amazing...than why was your kill count at 12? If your healing was so amazing than why was your teams kill count so low?

Padding numbers is meaningless and real 1337's will see right through your little numbers game.

Here is the challenge...

Show me screenshots where you have damage that properly goes along with kills.

Grading scale is on Kill : DMG : Heal ratio scale... scale must work or either you padded your dmg/heals ... yes if there are massive heals on the other team you need to have skill to work around it...so thats not an excuse with all the CC tools we have in this game.

High kills

High Dmg

High heals

This means that HP at 50 is average 14-25k, where you also help your team for other kills. If you want to be 1337, than get your kill count to 50+ in a single warzone. Thats teamwork and true stompage. For healers... your healing means nothing if you lose the match and if your team wastes time getting beat on without kills.

First up:

Great screenshot and team you have, and grats on being the first to post something without trying to rage insult or claim that my theory is wrong. that is 1337 teamwork there.

I don't disagree with the idea of being top in a several categories, but why didn't you include the objective category? Someone who is litstening to their team and guarding a node may end up being key to what helps win the match, but won't get tops in alot of those other areas. How does that factor in? Honest question, unless winning the warzone isn't as important as topping kills?

Edited by Dominemesis

The OP is asking for damage in a vaccum -- where 1 point of damage equates to 1 point off your health that is not recoverable in any way.

not true... but if you are doing 50,000 damage per kill than something is not right with your style and you should notice off the bat that a healer needs to be focused or CC'd before you burst the first target down.

Also stat padding like standing in acid to pad someones healing or guard isnt pro and it shows not only when you see them do it but in the scoreboard when those two players stand out without any other stats to back up their numbers

A couple good links so far everyone :)

I don't disagree with the idea of being top in a several categories, but why didn't you include the objective category? Someone who is litstening to their team and guarding a node may end up being key to what helps win the match, but won't get tops in alot of those other areas. How does that factor in? Honest question, unless winning the warzone isn't as important as topping kills?

objective is currently not working properly so it can mostly be ignored. Ball scoreing, passing and arming are not counting as they should. Only offensive and defensive attacks which are easily exploited by passing to the other team make the objective points laughable

I think that shot there is a good demonstration of why this challenge is a little silly. Kills != victory.

Exactly. My damage has been 300k but only 26 kills, because i was more worried about distracting the enemy and we won. I've also done 300k/120k prot, 61 kills and lost. Sometimes my damage is so low in huttball cause I'm carrying most of the scores, people whisper me like *** is wrong man.

Exactly. My damage has been 300k but only 26 kills, because i was more worried about distracting the enemy and we won. I've also done 300k/120k prot, 61 kills and lost. Sometimes my damage is so low in huttball cause I'm carrying most of the scores, people whisper me like *** is wrong man.

ITs all good man, its a team game and dmg/kills doesnt always win, there is always the need for a person to arm or run the ball.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/redsoxfanatic08/swtor2012-01-1714-41-13-30.png

^ my kills are covered up, but I matched my guild member (exordium) with 65 kills, 2 deaths

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/redsoxfanatic08/swtor2012-01-1601-35-33-85.png

^ 72 kills, 0 deaths

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/redsoxfanatic08/swtor2012-01-1322-05-54-02.png

^ 61 kills, 0 deaths

these are from before the 50 brackets, so take them with a grain of salt. i havent taken any screenshots in a while, as those numbers are pretty regular now. huge dps can, and does, make a difference

Edited by cashogy

It's weird that it doesn't show the correct class icon for anyone in their group.

These kind of numbers are only possible if your team is winning. Notice he only died twice.

Getting big healing is only possible due to the ability to hurt yourself for force (mana). That kind of healing is just padding and doesn't mean anything. You won't find many healers breaking 300k.

You don't know what you're talking about i break 300k every wz.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/redsoxfanatic08/swtor2012-01-1714-41-13-30.png

^ my kills are covered up, but I matched my guild member (exordium) with 65 kills, 2 deaths

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/redsoxfanatic08/swtor2012-01-1601-35-33-85.png

^ 72 kills, 0 deaths

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/redsoxfanatic08/swtor2012-01-1322-05-54-02.png

^ 61 kills, 0 deaths

these are from before the 50 brackets, so take them with a grain of salt. i havent taken any screenshots in a while, as those numbers are pretty regular now. huge dps can, and does, make a difference

not bad, how has your team done since the 50 brackets?

not bad, how has your team done since the 50 brackets?

when i queue with guild members we do well, results similar to those screenshots. when i queue solo i often find myself the only one attempting the objective, so rarely win.

even queuing as 4 player premade can be tough, as i have no clue what else we will get for the other 4. Having 4 extra useless players can be tough to overcome if the other team is even a little bit organized.

i have also found that players who pug often do not listen well. attempting to coordinate in chat ususally gets many negative and hostile responses

i have also found that players who pug often do not listen well. attempting to coordinate in chat ususally gets many negative and hostile responses

To be fair, it's not really a listening problem, it's just an issue of having too many chiefs. As far as each of those puggies is concerned, you're just another puggie too, and each puggie thinks they're the best and wants to be the one giving the orders. In the end there's 8 people with different ideas on what to do.