[ CHALLENGE ] Show me DPS that matters

Febibi

Yall coming from WoW seem to think that numbers is what matters.... if your damage in that warzone was so amazing...than why was your kill count at 12? If your healing was so amazing than why was your teams kill count so low?

Padding numbers is meaningless and real 1337's will see right through your little numbers game.

Here is the challenge...

Show me screenshots where you have damage that properly goes along with kills.

Grading scale is on Kill : DMG : Heal ratio scale... scale must work or either you padded your dmg/heals ... yes if there are massive heals on the other team you need to have skill to work around it...so thats not an excuse with all the CC tools we have in this game.

High kills

High Dmg

High heals

This means that HP at 50 is average 14-25k, where you also help your team for other kills. If you want to be 1337, than get your kill count to 50+ in a single warzone. Thats teamwork and true stompage. For healers... your healing means nothing if you lose the match and if your team wastes time getting beat on without kills.

First up:

Great screenshot and team you have, and grats on being the first to post something without trying to rage insult or claim that my theory is wrong. that is 1337 teamwork there.

Edited by Gummiebear

i'll tell you a story

in that_game i faced some 10vs10 bg where oposing team have like 6 healers… even 7…

and now i loooool so hard at clueless statements like: "damage that properly goes along with kills"

Edited by navarh

Yall coming from WoW seem to think that numbers is what matters.... if your damage in that warzone was so amazing...than why was your kill count at 12? If your healing was so amazing than why was your teams kill count so low?

Padding numbers is meaningless and real 1337's will see right through your little numbers game.

Here is the challenge...

This means that HP at 50 is average 14-25k, where you also help your team for other kills. If you want to be 1337, than get your kill count to 50+ in a single warzone. Thats teamwork and true stompage. For healers... your healing means nothing if you lose the match and if your team wastes time getting beat on without kills.

I think you just answered your own challenge. Being a team sport, warzones are a bit difficult to measure by kills. For example, someone who can aoe really well will stack kills over say a Marksmanship Sniper because they focus on single-target. Damage does help, but a random pug working together tends to be difficult especially when attempting to obtain objectives. I remember WoW when playing stuff like EoS, and AB. The entire team would argue and would not work together. For someone to meet your challenge, it would have to be a pre-made that steamrolls the other team. Working together to achieve the objectives is actually the key. Alderaan, Huttball, and Voidstar aren't measured by how much the other team is killed by your team. If a team focuses on killing players, but allows the huttball to reach their goal line more than your team scores, you still lose. Tbh, damage, healing, and kills don't mean much in warzones. They just happen to be a bonus while you achieve the objective of the match. I can do 200k damage in a warzone easily, but I choose to defend a point in Alderaan for example and I have had it where I've done 30k damage because I had to kill one player and no one else attacked the turret I was defending for the rest of the match. Just adding to the discussion. :D

Good to see a challenge though, many players may take you up on your offer. Good to see a community working with each other to better themselves, and the community as a whole. :D

I think you just answered your own challenge. Being a team sport, warzones are a bit difficult to measure by kills. For example, someone who can aoe really well will stack kills over say a Marksmanship Sniper because they focus on single-target. Damage does help, but a random pug working together tends to be difficult especially when attempting to obtain objectives. I remember WoW when playing stuff like EoS, and AB. The entire team would argue and would not work together. For someone to meet your challenge, it would have to be a pre-made that steamrolls the other team. Working together to achieve the objectives is actually the key. Alderaan, Huttball, and Voidstar aren't measured by how much the other team is killed by your team. If a team focuses on killing players, but allows the huttball to reach their goal line more than your team scores, you still lose. Tbh, damage, healing, and kills don't mean much in warzones. They just happen to be a bonus while you achieve the objective of the match. I can do 200k damage in a warzone easily, but I choose to defend a point in Alderaan for example and I have had it where I've done 30k damage because I had to kill one player and no one else attacked the turret I was defending for the rest of the match. Just adding to the discussion. :D

Good to see a challenge though, many players may take you up on your offer. Good to see a community working with each other to better themselves, and the community as a whole. :D

Ya ... teamwork needs to be part of our community. WoW ruined real teamwork in PVP and gave people 1337 fame for high nunmbers. Numbers mean nothing if you arent a team and dont win. Also numbers mean nothing if you do not have a good ratio across the board.

Kills : DMG : Heals ... all go into the ratio. We have the right CC in this game to lock people, so it shocks me that people claim fame with 400k dmg or 700k healing, but the team kills are about 12. Shows that no teamwork went in place, and over the time, people also did not get quality heals.. they simply beat on someoen that was healed instead of killing or ccing the healer, and getting both kills to move on to the next.

Also the win is important. You can get 500k DMG 100 kills and 750k healing on a team but lose. That one ball runner or door armer who gets 25k dmg is key to the team becasue they ran or armed while the team covered them. Guard is another aspect and the one number I have not seen toped is 300k guard except by people exploiting acid in huttball. A good defender will stop the ball or arming without wasintg energy, and keep his team guarded while changing his guarded target to suit his/her teams needs

Am I the only one who noticed something funny about this picture?

Hint: 8-1 = the amount of class icons with the yellow glowing background.

Not only that, but its not hard to get that high of damage with two healers (one being a pocket healer) while also playing one of the strongest classes in the game.

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo339/Sennheiser/Screenshot_2012-01-21_20_11_30_994194.jpg

I believe this shows the problem with the medal system and healers.

The only number that matters for DPS in Warzones is Killing Blows. Kills alone mean nothing, total DPS means little. Objective points would mean something if they accrued properly. Unfortunately every scenario they're screwed up in.

Edited by AssistSenn

High objective points or get lost scrubs.

True objective points matter but they are currently broken and easily exploited so no one really cares about them at the moment. Most MVP goes to healers since they get the least usually when doing their job right.

People don't just magically choose to leave an objective. You generally have to kill them in order to capture said objective. While its not always the case, ninja capping is difficult and almost impossible with a competent opponent.

The same can be said on the other side, objectives don't magically capture themselves.

Ya need both. And healing also makes your team gain staying power and is really nice to have defending, as well as assaulting.

In short you need it all.

Edited by Kyrandis

http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo339/Sennheiser/Screenshot_2012-01-21_20_11_30_994194.jpg

I believe this shows the problem with the medal system and healers.

The only number that matters for DPS in Warzones is Killing Blows. Kills alone mean nothing, total DPS means little. Objective points would mean something if they accrued properly. Unfortunately every scenario they're screwed up in.

Killing blows means nothing as well if you take a look at the scoreboard after a good match.... total the killing blows and compare it to the kills.... you will find that killing blows get counted twice and sometimes up to four times depending on who hit a player during the last second of life. ITs broke but in the list of todo by developers.

People don't just magically choose to leave an objective. You generally have to kill them in order to capture said objective. While its not always the case, ninja capping is difficult and almost impossible with a competent opponent.

The same can be said on the other side, objectives don't magically capture themselves.

Ya need both. And healing also makes your team gain staying power and is really nice to have defending, as well as assaulting.

In short you need it all.

very true :0 you need a good balance and if the ratios is not right than padding most likely aoccured or you did not have quality dmg/healing. 400k is nothing if you get 10 kills...

Am I the only one who noticed something funny about this picture?

Hint: 8-1 = the amount of class icons with the yellow glowing background.

Not only that, but its not hard to get that high of damage with two healers (one being a pocket healer) while also playing one of the strongest classes in the game.

It's weird that it doesn't show the correct class icon for anyone in their group.

These kind of numbers are only possible if your team is winning. Notice he only died twice.

Getting big healing is only possible due to the ability to hurt yourself for force (mana). That kind of healing is just padding and doesn't mean anything. You won't find many healers breaking 300k.

It's weird that it doesn't show the correct class icon for anyone in their group.

These kind of numbers are only possible if your team is winning. Notice he only died twice.

Getting big healing is only possible due to the ability to hurt yourself for force (mana). That kind of healing is just padding and doesn't mean anything. You won't find many healers breaking 300k.

Healing spec'd Sage's/Sorc's get an ability that grants them a free forcetap at the cost of no health. So well spec'd and played healers usually do not heal themselves up after tapping their own health, because well.. that makes no sense in a warzone unless there's a danceathon going on for one of the sides.

If I were to tap and heal myself the entire scenario I'm willing to bet it would be extremely hard to break 400k

All 3 roles (tank included) are essential to a successful match. Tanks keep the healers alive, and reduce enemy damage potential. DPS (tanks assist with this to a degree) keep their healers pressured and kill opponents. Heals keep everyone alive and help with dps when they can. All 3 are important and anyone who sits there going well I topped the damage charts so you are all noobs cause we lost anyway are just retarded.

Here is the challenge...

Grading scale is on Kill : DMG : Heal ratio scale... scale must work or either you padded your dmg/heals ... yes if there are massive heals on the other team you need to have skill to work around it...so thats not an excuse with all the CC tools we have in this game.

High kills

High Dmg

High heals

First up:

Great screenshot and team you have, and grats on being the first to post something without trying to rage insult or claim that my theory is wrong. that is 1337 teamwork there.

Looking for this, OP?

http://i.imgur.com/qhzTb.jpg

All 3 roles (tank included) are essential to a successful match. Tanks keep the healers alive, and reduce enemy damage potential. DPS (tanks assist with this to a degree) keep their healers pressured and kill opponents. Heals keep everyone alive and help with dps when they can. All 3 are important and anyone who sits there going well I topped the damage charts so you are all noobs cause we lost anyway are just retarded.

What if you're a DPS tank with a heal proc and topped Damage, Kills, KBs, Protection, Heals and Objectives, what can you say about your team at this point?