Does Right/Left strat ever work in Civil War?

TaintedSquirrel

I see people constantly saying to split Left and Right, at the start of the warzone, and I've never seen it work.

The enemy always has the advantage on right, they reach it with PLENTY of time to cap it before you can even get LoS + attack range.

I always insist on ~2 left and everyone else mid, and I usually get flak for it because people think "zerging mid" is a bad idea, but I can't see how pushing Right would ever work since they already have the turret by the time you get there.

I'm in the 10-49 bracket if it makes any difference.

It works every time you have a team that's not too stupid to understand what you're doing. Every time I get this working at least 2 guys go for middle, and when I'm saying I need backup at a certain place they're still pushing middle.

Leave middle alone, we don't need to 3 cap, that just leads to massive fail on all fronts.

Dude, as soon as you control the sides you can take a speeder straight from spawn to either side so yes the best strategy is to get the sides and defend them and if u die u take the speeder right back and prevent cap.

I think the issue is, fighting over a gray turret IS EASIER THAN fighting over a red turret. Right will always be red at the start unless your enemy sends 0 people to cap it.

The speeders are useless when you don't own the turret.

Maybe killing 2 enemies and stealing the turret is easier than killing 5+ at mid, I guess it just depends on the teams. I still don't like risking it since fighting over mid seems a bit more straight-forward.

Edited by TaintedSquirrel

You do not send people to the middle at start u send 6 right and 2 left then u control both of them, if you move fast they can't cap right before your team gets there. there is a passage that connects left and right and makes it real easy to reach each turret. IT just works best for me. If everybody in the warzone works towards getting left and right you win. Edited by aleiro

I see people constantly saying to split Left and Right, at the start of the warzone, and I've never seen it work.

The enemy always has the advantage on right, they reach it with PLENTY of time to cap it before you can even get LoS + attack range.

I always insist on ~2 left and everyone else mid, and I usually get flak for it because people think "zerging mid" is a bad idea, but I can't see how pushing Right would ever work since they already have the turret by the time you get there.

No, you need opposition at all three to be successful. Otherwise, the people in the middle are going to help their side and overwhelm it and you will have to play catch up...

I prefer the 2/4/2 or 2/5/1 method.

It works every time you have a team that's not too stupid to understand what you're doing. Every time I get this working at least 2 guys go for middle, and when I'm saying I need backup at a certain place they're still pushing middle.

Leave middle alone, we don't need to 3 cap, that just leads to massive fail on all fronts.

i do very often go to a third point, be it a 2/5/1 start or just in between, when i see there is a tiny break of defense. the point is, if i keep at least 2 or more enemies busy, my team will outnumber the enemy while defending the turrets. going to a 3rd turret can be a winning move.

the PROBLEM with this is that too often random players will join me thinking we are going to capture a 3rd turret, but it was never about capturing. i wait for 8v8 warzones...

No, you need opposition at all three to be successful. Otherwise, the people in the middle are going to help their side and overwhelm it and you will have to play catch up...

I prefer the 2/4/2 or 2/5/1 method.

Actually you dont need opposition at all three to be successful, you only need people at two. Start the game with 4/0/4, if one side has only a few send 1 extra over to the one being overwhelmed. Widdle them down, cc the last 1-2 and cap.

Once you have the two sides capped it's nearly impossible to lose unless people play bad/run off to middle. 4 of us have managed to keep 6-8 players off a node for 3/4 of the game on multiple occassions

I think the issue is, fighting over a gray turret IS EASIER THAN fighting over a red turret. Right will always be red at the start unless your enemy sends 0 people to cap it.

The speeders are useless when you don't own the turret.

Maybe killing 2 enemies and stealing the turret is easier than killing 5+ at mid, I guess it just depends on the teams. I still don't like risking it since fighting over mid seems a bit more straight-forward.

I never have a problem getting to the right in time to interrupt the person taking it.... I almost always head right at the start of the battle and everytime I can get the interrupt on the 1 or 2 players capping it and if its more I just AOE, unless the group is cordinated and sends someoen forward to defend the front of the control with stuns and Mezz's and then its only an iddue if I'm by myself.

I have found most success using a delayed right-left capture. At the start of the match you do a 5/3/0 configuration. The 5 going left can steam roll anyone that happens to go left, and if no one is there, can sneak to right from the tunnel. From the enemy's perspective, they see no one going right at first, so they are more likely to leave only 1 defending right.

While all that is going on, you have a tank+heal+heal/DPS combo as your 3 attacking mid. Their only purpose is to live as long as possible and keep enemies in the area so they don't reinforce right.

If you have the co-operation to do this, it is almost a guaranteed win if you setup a 4/0/4 D and reinforce from the tunnel.

Edited by Kryptorchid

I have found most success using a delayed right-left capture. At the start of the match you do a 5/3/0 configuration. The 5 going left can steam roll anyone that happens to go left, and if no one is there, can sneak to right from the tunnel. From the enemy's perspective, they see no one going right at first, so they are more likely to leave only 1 defending right.

While all that is going on, you have a tank+heal+heal/DPS combo as your 3 attacking mid. Their only purpose is to live as long as possible and keep enemies in the area so they don't reinforce right.

If you have the co-operation to do this, it is almost a guaranteed win if you setup a 4/0/4 D and reinforce from the tunnel.

lets see 8v8 organized warzones. i dont feel like expaining a good tactic every game over and over and try to make random heroes understand it.

still a good tactic. directy taking the right could be more secure, depending on enemy team

This.

And guess what, all you people that went right and didn't go the middle, some stealthed ******e is capping Mid.

Now they have two turrets, you're fighting against a red turret that allows them to speeder back immediately after dying.

You just lost the game. Nice work.

Plus, after capping Mid, you can very easily reach your outside turret from Mid. Much quicker than reinforcing from the whole other side of the map.

You fail to understand how they do it.

The have a marauder speed buff in each group. And their own personal speed buff.

They can reach both objectives in plenty of time to deny and cap.

They can then reinforce and hold a point with few people using the side speeders to deliver people to the battle.

Side left / right WINS Alderaan more often than it loses Alderaan.

Dude, as soon as you control the sides you can take a speeder straight from spawn to either side so yes the best strategy is to get the sides and defend them and if u die u take the speeder right back and prevent cap.

The point is whilst ignoring middle you are allowing the opposing faction to Zerg and 9 times out of 10 you get overwhelmed. Taking middle and left is the intelligent thing to do.

Edited by Parali
rude

This works well now in 1-49, it means nothing if you have one side with gear advantage. The most silly thing I would observer prior patch was 4 50s premade would claim on side and expect the other group 15, 23, 29, 35 to defend the other due to the fast speeder reinforcement.

If you can fend off 6-7 zerg, the speeder doesn't matter.

I consider myself an expert on this particular warzone.

Right/left absolutely DOES work, but only in specific circumstances. The trouble with right/left is the team's inability to easily reinforce their respective positions, as the two control points are on opposite sides of the map. This is why a center/left or center/right is preferable.

You can, however, make a right/left strategy work IF you have the right classes, and the ultimate objective of that right/left strategy should be to force the enemy to give up the center in order to capture left or right, putting you in the more favorable center/flank position.

Operatives and Scoundrels EXCEL on this map. I'm not sure if Scoundrels get any mezz that doesn't break stealth, but as an Operative I have an ability called Sleep Dart. Sleep Dart can only be used out of combat, but it doesn't break stealth. ONE Operative can hold a turret against 2 attackers indefinitely using Sleep Dart, by simply interrupting their capture, as Sleep Dart is subject only to global cooldown.

The idea is this: Lock down that turret with an Operative/Scoundrel and force the enemy to commit greater numbers to that point. This is where your right/left strategy becomes a center/flank strategy, because when they realize it will take more than 3 attackers to take that turret, their defenses in the center will dip. This is when you take the center, and win the match.

The tactic works fine in a organized group. You can if you can reach the point to stop them from capping with some clever use of game mechanics.

E.i a sage sprints once the game starts, pulls a sage/shadow that sprints from that point to stop the cap.

Of course the other team can counter act that and that is why organized pvp is fun because you got to react on the spot and change tactics.

The tactic works fine in a organized group. You can if you can reach the point to stop them from capping with some clever use of game mechanics.

E.i a sage sprints once the game starts, pulls a sage/shadow that sprints from that point to stop the cap.

Of course the other team can counter act that and that is why organized pvp is fun because you got to react on the spot and change tactics.

The only reason this works is due to one team being superior to another or being out classed (stealthers vs healers). The tactic is fail when teams are even. All there is to it.

The trouble with right/left is the team's inability to easily reinforce their respective positions, as the two control points are on opposite sides of the map. This is why a center/left or center/right is preferable.

i do disagree because it is not needed to have a full group of defender ready when incoming troups arrive. the short speeder makes it possible to just have 2 or 3 on each side and the rest of the team swapping from on side to the other. you wont "win the fight" directly, as your units dont arrive as a zerg. but enemies wont cap the turret if people constantly comeback with the short speeder. played this several times, only way to win for the enemy is to get a turret tap in the middle of the fight due to stupidity of the defending team.