PvP forum should NOT be used to balance the game.

BegaTasty

PLEASE bioware for the sake of your player base, DONT!! listen to the pvp forum or the extreme sky is falling demands threats an tantrums pasted here. Already the OP/scoundrel nerf has had an effect. if you keep listening to the....."edited" in this forum it will do massive damage to the game. (for proof of what I mean, look at wow, and Rift) both games took notice of the forums over anyone an it did so much damage its unbelievable. Theres a good reason Rift refuses to this day to give out its playerbase #'s to magazine writers like PC Powerplay, because they are VERY low, thanks in part to what they did to pvp and what they did to classes over the forum demands....

1.Demands for instant shy bags instead of taking your chances as should happen.

2.Demands for each class to be nerfed (they even lave a list in order of importance that they want them nerfed.

3.Demands for every class every skill every item every mob everything in the game ot be perfectly equal....(christ knows why)

4.Demands to make BG farming an exploits easier.

5 Promoting kill farming as pvp in your game...?? REALLY!?.....

Edited by BegaTasty

rift:

they nerfed saboteurs - they all rage quit

then they nerfed riftstalkers - they all quit

then they nerfed mages - they all quit

and so on

nerfs = bad

buffs = good

the sooner developers get this the better

if you have one class stronger than the other 7 then BUFF the other 7, then you're making 7 classes happy instead of destroying the other class

rift:

and so on

nerfs = bad

buffs = good

if you have one class stronger than the other 7 then BUFF the other 7, then you're making 7 classes happy instead of destroying the other class

Yeah, if we conveniently forget that this leads to massive stat inflation which can break the game.

I'm glad you aren't a developer.

This little PvE vs PvP nerf debate is getting old.

Some classes are too strong in PvP, and not mechanic wise - but damage wise, which means it affects PvE too. At the moment PvP seems to give one of the best ideas of which class can do what damage. Operatives/Scoundrels will be fine. Deception Sins do fine, and they are far "weaker" than Ops/Scoundrels without Dark Charge on.

Edited by Kuvi

This little PvE vs PvP nerf debate is getting old.

Some classes are too strong in PvP, and not mechanic wise - but damage wise, which means it affects PvE too. At the moment PvP seems to give one of the best ideas of which class can do what damage. Operatives/Scoundrels will be fine. Deception Sins do fine, and they are far "weaker" than Ops/Scoundrels without Dark Charge on.

Trouble is when your game is purely about 1 set of gear, an obtaining that gear is handed to you on a plate every day. nerfing the classes but not the stats means it becomes impossible for some classes to still play their playstyle. Try being a solo scoundrel in real world pvp. You gain nothing for kills an now your faced with gangs of lvl 50s in full BM exploited gear just wandering round killing anything because they can.

Trouble is when your game is purely about 1 set of gear, an obtaining that gear is handed to you on a plate every day. nerfing the classes but not the stats means it becomes impossible for some classes to still play their playstyle. Try being a solo scoundrel in real world pvp. You gain nothing for kills an now your faced with gangs of lvl 50s in full BM exploited gear just wandering round killing anything because they can.

That happens to most Republic players, since your faction is completely outweighed by Imperials.

Your class will still have the most burst out of any class- I don't think you realize how strong your class really is. I realize it sucks to be nerfed, but you need it. Honestly this nerf is not that terrible, and I fail to see why so many players are causing such a ruckus about it, personally.

Edited by Kuvi

That happens to most Republic players, since your faction is completely outweighed by Imperials.

Your class will still have the most burst out of any class- I don't think you realize how strong your class really is. I realize it sucks to be nerfed, but you need it. Honestly this nerf is not that terrible, and I fail to see why so many players are causing such a ruckus about it, personally.

oh I dont mind being nerfed, but its a one sided nerf. They remove our dps in world pvp (proper pvp) an with other hand hand out BM gear on mass. So I am not only hitting for less I am now hitting for even less because of this idiotic fetish for gear.

They are demanding more gear for every bag they open, instead of the luck system that we should have. Along with that they want everyones classes nerfed. The entire reason for being as a stealther is to kill healers. that is your reason for being in the game. We needed that high dps to do it. WHats funny is the forum spammers got that nerf by using lowbes attacking BM lvl 50s an then saying waaaa I got insta killed. Ofd coarse they did the guyw as 40 levels higher lol....

Open world pvp is complete garbage for melees. Scoundrels will be fine in general. The problem doesn't lie in the classes damage the problem lies in too much ranged and too much cc in the game. Not to mention way too many aoes, and the aoes do much more damage than I believe they should. They need to focus on the key skills for certain classes that are causing unbalanced pvp not the classes as a whole and address the disgusting amounts of unhindered CC in this game.

rift:

and so on

nerfs = bad

buffs = good

Then all 8 classes get to the point where they all one shot each other, making the game itself become very bad, worse if a nerf had taken place. Real smart.

oh I dont mind being nerfed, but its a one sided nerf. They remove our dps in world pvp (proper pvp) an with other hand hand out BM gear on mass. So I am not only hitting for less I am now hitting for even less because of this idiotic fetish for gear.

They are demanding more gear for every bag they open, instead of the luck system that we should have. Along with that they want everyones classes nerfed. The entire reason for being as a stealther is to kill healers. that is your reason for being in the game. We needed that high dps to do it. WHats funny is the forum spammers got that nerf by using lowbes attacking BM lvl 50s an then saying waaaa I got insta killed. Ofd coarse they did the guyw as 40 levels higher lol....

This isn't about level 10s getting insta killed. It's that Operatives/Scoundrels provide little counter play when they are taking the majority of even a tanks health away in the duration of one stun. It's already been stated by Devs that they wanted combat to be longer than what Operatives/Scoundrels are currently producing.

As someone above said - Devs aren't balancing the game based off of a level 10 dying to a 50 Scoundrel/Op. They have actual numbers, and they deemed those numbers to be too high for Ops/Scoundrels.

PLEASE bioware for the sake of your player base, DONT!! listen to the pvp forum or the extreme sky is falling demands threats an tantrums pasted here. Already the OP/scoundrel nerf has had an effect. if you keep listening to the....."edited" in this forum it will do massive damage to the game. (for proof of what I mean, look at wow, and Rift) both games took notice of the forums over anyone an it did so much damage its unbelievable. Theres a good reason Rift refuses to this day to give out its playerbase #'s to magazine writers like PC Powerplay, because they are VERY low, thanks in part to what they did to pvp and what they did to classes over the forum demands....

1.Demands for instant shy bags instead of taking your chances as should happen.

2.Demands for each class to be nerfed (they even lave a list in order of importance that they want them nerfed.

3.Demands for every class every skill every item every mob everything in the game ot be perfectly equal....(christ knows why)

4.Demands to make BG farming an exploits easier.

5 Promoting kill farming as pvp in your game...?? REALLY!?.....

Too late :(

Player whining does not and should not drive this game's balance. Regardless of the forums it's seen in.

They balance based on metrics - what actually happens, not what people think happens.

Correct and all player comments should do is bring the issue to the devs attention and the devs decide the proper action to take to balance it. Players commenting on the games state in terms of balance is all too often generalized as whining though. There are many times where what players say is warranted, but there are also a lot of actual whiners who don't have it their way. It's the devs job to sort through it test and see if the change is needed or not.

Edited by Elochai-

This isn't about level 10s getting insta killed. It's that Operatives/Scoundrels provide little counter play when they are taking the majority of even a tanks health away in the duration of one stun. It's already been stated by Devs that they wanted combat to be longer than what Operatives/Scoundrels are currently producing.

As someone above said - Devs aren't balancing the game based off of a level 10 dying to a 50 Scoundrel/Op. They have actual numbers, and they deemed those numbers to be too high for Ops/Scoundrels.

And, there's already a number of abilities in the game that function differently in PvE and PvP. If those numbers weren't ALSO above the PvE guidance, this would have become one of those abilities.

Right, right. They had two day old numbers from the freshly released 1.1 was released (when they put out the proposed nerfs) and there was plenty of data culled from those two days (not to mention the fact that Ops/Scoundrels number far, far less than any other class in PvP) to make the decision. Yea....that's just dumb brah.

Right, right. They had two day old numbers from the freshly released 1.1 was released (when they put out the proposed nerfs) and there was plenty of data culled from those two days (not to mention the fact that Ops/Scoundrels number far, far less than any other class in PvP) to make the decision. Yea....that's just dumb brah.

Or they decided that the fix was READY at that point. It takes more time than that to make decisions on these things.

Agree, and I really don't think they do listen to the whiners all that much unless they feel its warranted. The whiners do a twofold job of bringing the issue to light, but simultaneously annoying the hell out of everyone else. PvP type content has been around for too long for devs not to realize that most of the whiners are a vocal minority. That could be a rare bit of optimism on my part, but id like to think that most of the decision makers know better.

The Nerfs are based on data, statistics. Numbers. Not whining. Georg Zoeller lives and dies by numbers. Nothing more, nothing less. He made that painfully obvious during BETA.

It's the kind of thing that's ridiculously useful for making good, well-informed balancing and tuning decisions.

Are you serious? You don't think the Devs haven't been playing with this for a while now? Are you trolling me, here?