The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

When the OP pays peoples subscriptions, then they can complain about what a persons saber color is, imo.

Wrong. I can't change what color you use, but until you pay my subscriptuion I can complain about whatever bugs me. That's not an opinion it's just ther truth.

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, in short, Jedi using red crystals is totally legit by lore standards, and is almost as likely as all Jedi using blue crystals.

Except that this is simply not the case. EVER, in Star Wars history.

This is like saying a game about street gangs that wear red or blue clothing is still an accurate portrayal of those gangs if they mix the colors up.

It has nothing to do with any "special properties" that the colo grants the user.... it's just that one side most often uses that color and the other most often does not. For the ghame to totally allow players to throw that in the trash is against the lore. It's really that simple.

I have not made a Jedi yet but wish to soon and make it my main.

Is it really that common for all Jedi players to go Dark?

Though maybe is because you need to be dark to romace, don't you? Would of thought so since it would break the Jedi code.

Nope. Well maybe for a JK, a friend did mention something about getting DS points for it. I, on the other hand never got a single DS point for flirting with an NPC (all the way) or even doing it with the pet romance. Which is great IMO, love doesnt = dark side, its what you do with, for, and because of it.

As for the OP. Boohoo, cry me a river. Im glad there are still some Jedi out there rubbing it in your face regardless of how youve tried to force everyone else to play according to your specific views. And I hope they remove that restriction soon as its done nothing but give me headaches for every other drop I get, specially relics.

Haha! Guys, it's Spymaster. He's been whining about trivial things since these forums opened. I remember him making really off-the-wall baseless assumptions of what the game would be like years ago...

I assumed he'd given up when this game didn't turn out in the ridiculous way he had envisioned. Pretty funny seeing him here still whining about stuff.

No one was ever more wrong in their speculation about how this game was going to be than Spymaster. I'm honestly surprised he's here given that the game is the polar opposite of what he was whining so hard for pre-release.

No one was ever more wrong in their speculation about how this game was going to be than Spymaster. I'm honestly surprised he's here given that the game is the polar opposite of what he was whining so hard for pre-release.

First of all... Where was I wrong? This game is very solo friendly just like I've said it would be.

They lied about crafting being as good as top end gear, but that's not a huge surprise is it? What exactly did I "speculate" about?

Second..... I told you people I'd still be here. If you "speculated" I'd be gone, YOU were wrong.

Third....I don't "whine" I tell it like I see it. If you people read what I write as "whining" I'm wondering if your own whinny voice isn't just intruding on your reading.

And after the thread has completely gone offline, what was your point again? Whining because every rebel player feels the need to be bad and go dark? Or because BW limited us to 1 crystal for dark and 2 for light side? Or is it your feeling of self entitlement about a few lines of 100010101101010100010101?

Wrong. I can't change what color you use, but until you pay my subscriptuion I can complain about whatever bugs me. That's not an opinion it's just ther truth.

Complain all you want. Fortunately you don't get to determine what i can and can't do in game. BW sets those standards and they have decreed that dark jedi may use red sabers.

I will use whatever color fits my characters when I play them and if that ends up being an exception to standard lore well I am that single lore exception. Not my problem if the guy next to me is a single lore exception on his character as well.

If it really bothers you that much stop playing or purchase the license to create a SW MMO where you can dictate how lore is adhered to. Because to be honest all your crying about it here does is make people want to use red crystals on their Jedi in the hopes that you see it and cry harder.

Can an individual character use a red saber? Yes. It was fine in KOTOR. But this is a game in which thousands of people are playing at the same time, meaning thousands of Jedi using red sabers.... which does not happen in Star Wars.

Nothing happened in Star Wars, it's all just stuff people made up.

People claim Luke is class X or Y from stuff made up decades after he first appeared in Episode 3.

Your right that there was bound to be loads of people with red lightsabers because it's likely with an effectively 50:50 choice a lot of people will go dark side....... but that's just the game.

Really they need more neutral crystal options to give people choice, and fix some of the horrible looking colours.

Bear in mind, it's the Old Republic: The standards which reign in 3000 years may not be established yet.

I do think that green and red sabers should perhaps be restricted to higher ranking light and dark siders, though rank 3, perhaps. (Blue should be tolerable to either faction, I think).

Edited by TheTurniipKing

Why does every republic Jedi I see have a red lightsaber? I knew this would happen.... ugh so annoying.

Hm... so far I have not played a Jedi Knight after launch.

BUT: I did try it out in beta and went lightside. And the Jedi Knight light side dialogue options are so horrible, they just hurt my eyes, ears and brains.

And I generally tend to play good characters.

So if I finally get to play a Jedi alt I will play darkside with him.

Edited by Richelieux

I posted that it was annoying because It goes against the lore. That's all. Sorry that hurts people so much, but it's true.
its also true that ALL blasters in star wars canon are red...

this was never gonna be an easy problem to solve.

As a jedi who only wields blue/green sabers I find it kinda lame too, also it's confusing in pvp. They really should faction restrict them... or at least make dark jedi's go purple max or something.

This ^

I agree with OP.

I have a light side SW and there is NO WAY I'm running around with a blue saber. Never.

I'd rather have a terrible undergeared crystal, but a red one. Because. Still a sith.

And this too ^

Thanks guys.

its also true that ALL blasters in star wars canon are red...

this was never gonna be an easy problem to solve.

No, it's actually a pretty easy problem to solve. Let me say I'm annoyed with it, and admit that it's against the lore without all the extra nonsense that went on in this thread, people calling me names and arguing that something fits the lore, when it blatantly doesn't. Etc.

The saber ones have been established long before the Old Republic.

That's kind of what I'm saying though: In these particuar days, things are a bit more loosey-goosy. Different crystals are currently more available than they have been in the past, and far better than they will be in the future.

actually the saber traditional colors aren't really placed untill 2000 years after the old republic. 1000 years before the battle of yavin

Yet there are a good number of sources that take place before that, and this game, and in none of those are red a common Jedi saber color.