The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Red Sabers.....

Spymaster

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, they shouldn't be allowed to have the customization they want because it doesn't fit with YOU'RE idea of what Star Wars is?

It's not MY idea of Star Wars. It's Star Wars.

You do realize how ridiculously selfish that is, don't you?

It's not selfish at all. Selfish is wanting to have customization that doesn't fit the game you're playing. Sadly the Devs caved on this issue.

I won't rest until I get to play as a gnome! If you tell me I can't you're being selfish!!

Edited by Spymaster

No, I'm saying they should pick their color based on what fits Star Wars and not just "my favorite color is".... Not that I'm buying Red as most people's favorite color for the reason they use that saber anyway.

In actual lore for lightsaber colors, there is nothing forbidding Jedi from using red. Hell, it explicitly says that even though colors do represent certain things, it all comes down to preference. And, along with that, Dark Jedi have been known to use red as often as Sith.

Sith also use crimson, bronze, yellow, orange, purple, and pink, along with all the Jedi colors.

There's no limitations to say what a Jedi or Sith can use. And many Sith that left the Jedi Order use blue entirely because that's the color of the lightsaber they originally received.

My dark jedi has an orange lightsaber according to the tooltip but it's yellow. Go figure...:rolleyes:

When I had a red one, none of the jedi npc's even noticed or cared. And in a single player game like this, what the npc's think is all I care about. This game is no more an MMO than playing KOTOR 2 with face book open.

In actual lore for lightsaber colors, there is nothing forbidding Jedi from using red..

Of course not, but that doesn't mean seeing the majority of them with Red fits the lore, because it doens't. In fact it makes no sense at all.

Not in any other time in Star Wars history did thousands of republic Jedi have red sabers.... except right now.

Yeah, that's just silly.

And many Sith that left the Jedi Order use blue entirely because that's the color of the lightsaber they originally received.

Sith aren't fallen Jedi in this time frame.

Edited by Spymaster

It's not selfish at all. Selfish is wanting to have customization that doesn't fit the game you're playing. Sadly the Devs caved on this issue.

I won't rest until I get to play as a gnome! If you tell me I can't you're being selfish!!

WHat? There are alignment restrictions...

Of course not, but that doesn't mean seeing the majority of them with Red fits the lore, because it doens't. In fact it makes no sense at all.

Not in any other time in Star Wars history did thousands of republic Jedi have red sabers.... except right now.

Yeah, that's just silly.

Again, there's nothing stopping that. I've yet to see more than one Jedi with a red lightsaber. I've seen more Dark Jedi than Jedi with red sabers, and I think you're over-exaggerating.

Even if you aren't, it doesn't go against lore in any way. Desperate times call for desperate measures is the motto of 'Dark-side' Republic, and I wouldn't put it above some Jedi to follow it. Hell, even if they didn't, they could use red if they wanted to.

You can shut up with the false equivalency. Red Crystals exist in Star Wars. Gnomes do not.

And if you're having so much trouble with it... Consider that the Jedi are not at this time tied to the Republic. Maybe for a few of the reasons specific to this time period (which isn't covered by anything else) more Jedi used red crystals.

Again, there's nothing stopping that.

Yes there is somethig that stops that... it doesn't happen in Star Wars.

Can an individual character use a red saber? Yes. It was fine in KOTOR. But this is a game in which thousands of people are playing at the same time, meaning thousands of Jedi using red sabers.... which does not happen in Star Wars.

I've yet to see more than one Jedi with a red lightsaber.

Are you playing the game? maybe it's worse on PvP servers?

You can shut up with the false equivalency. Red Crystals exist in Star Wars. Gnomes do not..

Thousands of republic Jedi with red lightsabers exist equally to gnomes in Star Wars .

I want my playable gnomes!!!

Edited by Spymaster

Lore wise according to an issue of Star Wars Insider, "red crystals are the least stable of all crystals used in lightsabers, but they can be harmonized with the dark side of the Force."

No I don't have a link believe me or don't.

But gameplay wise who the hell cares? The game treats you as if your the only Jedi or Chosen one. Basically it treats you like an single player game would.

Yes there is somethig that stops that... it doesn't happen in Star Wars.

Can an individual character use a red saber? Yes. It was fine in KOTOR. But this is a game in which thousands of people are playing at the same time, meaning thousands of Jedi using red sabers.... which does not happen in Star Wars.

Are you playing the game? maybe it's worse on PvP servers?

Again, who are you to say whether something can happen or not.

Obviously it can, because it did. There are Jedi using red lightsabers on your server. It happened. Which means that it could happen. Because all of those Jedi chose it because they liked red, or they wanted red. The same reason most Jedi in the films and books choose their saber colors. Sometimes symbolism is taken into effect, or a crystal is used for it's specific special ability, but more often than not, it's for preference.

So, red lightsabers being everywhere could happen immensely easily, which is clear to see.

Yes, I'm playing the game. No, I've yet to see more than one Jedi with a red lightsaber, and that was a while ago. I had a Dark Jedi in my group with a pink lightsaber, and that was the closest I had.

But gameplay wise who the hell cares?

I do. The #1 reason I play this game is because it's supposedly based on Star Wars.

Things that happen in the game should fit the world in which the game supposedly takes place. That's improtant to me.

Again, who are you to say whether something can happen or not.

Who are any of us?

It's not me deciding what happens in Star Wars, it was George Lucas. But sadly the Devs decided to let the players pick on this one, and of course the players are going to try and be funny and pick the opposite of what actually fits.

Even worse are people like you trying to pretend it DOES fit, when we all know it doesn't.

So, red lightsabers being everywhere could happen immensely easily, which is clear to see.

You're confusing what "could" happen with what fits into Star Wars. Sure every Jedi "could" decide this is the one year in which rainbow is the cool light saber color.... but does it reallty fit Star Wars? No.

Yes, I'm playing the game. No, I've yet to see more than one Jedi with a red lightsaber, and that was a while ago. I had a Dark Jedi in my group with a pink lightsaber, and that was the closest I had.

Then you really shouldn't even comment since you havn't seen it enough to know if it would bother you or distract you or not. On my server it's the norm, and it breaks my feeling that this is even a Star Wars game.

Edited by Spymaster