Scoundrel nerf unbelievable when there are classes way more overpowered

DiceDarkside

Video says it all. I am a 48 Scoundrel, have been having a great time with this game.

PVE wise Scoundrel seems just right. PVP feels just right as well.

In PVP, if it's 1 vs 1 and my opponent is geared equally and within 10 levels of me, usually it comes close to a tie on who wins. With those below level 30 I usually win the battle, but here's the thing. After I break stealth, I am pretty vulnerable. So I may take one enemy out, but then I have to resort to "Disappearing Act" to use my best move. DA has a 3 min cool down. If someone does recurring damage it's useless. The rest of my attacks fail in comparison to the damage output of other classes.

So my question is this: seeing how after stealth, my moves are subpar, what role does the scoundrel have with the upcoming nerf? While the nerf may seem small percentage wise, people who do not play scoundrel must understand that between the damage nerf and the stun nerf, I can't see scoundrels being viable for anything.

We have the worst healing of the healing classes, we only have one good attack which is situational, and our defenses aren't that great either.

I am really disappointed in Bioware. I feel like every week they do something that isn't horrible, but annoying with their updates. With the latest one, Sorc/Sage/Van/BH will dominate(in many ways they already do). Give us incentive to play other classes BW, don't make us regret our decisions to play a class.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, I'm only a 44 sawbones, but I feel there's nothing wrong with the nerf.

We only have one good attack? Pfft, we can spew burst damage if we want to, and though healing might be a tad subpar, it's the combination of abilities that makes the scoundrel such a superb class. Heal, burst, sneak, and a lot of stuff that gives some extra tactical options when the going gets tough in flashpoints, operations and warzones.

The thing is, I'll gladly admit that I'm not a great player, so maybe I've missed something. On the other hand, even though I'm not a great player, I'm often able to hold my own in warzones, so there's that...

I don't know, I'm only a 44 sawbones, but I feel there's nothing wrong with the nerf.

We only have one good attack? Pfft, we can spew burst damage if we want to, and though healing might be a tad subpar, it's the combination of abilities that makes the scoundrel such a superb class. Heal, burst, sneak, and a lot of stuff that gives some extra tactical options when the going gets tough in flashpoints, operations and warzones.

The thing is, I'll gladly admit that I'm not a great player, so maybe I've missed something. On the other hand, even though I'm not a great player, I'm often able to hold my own in warzones, so there's that...

supurb? lol. barely adequate is more like it.

Right as a tank being destroyed by Scoundrels, ops and trooper commando's is normal. Just a few hits and im half way down my health bar. That feels just right to you? I am sorry but these classes need a nerf, thats the reality of it. Thank god there doing it.

Why you QQ? Eventually, other classes will get nerfed too, it is an endless cycle. :D

and endless cycle created and perpetuated by the extremely inefficient process that was created by Blizzard.

Don't know about you, but I wanna stop living in that ****** model of years ago.

Completely agree, OP. Completely agree.

I just think they got tunnel vision in the design of the classes. This is evident as they clearly had a hard on for the Bounty and Inquisitor/Sage classes - as they're kind of iconic/clearly what will be popular. Those classes absolutely DESTROY.

While other classes got the brunt of the "tunnel vision" approach - that is "hey this is a stealthed class. It's stealthed so let's make it stealth and have an awesome opener from stealth. Did I mention it stealthes?" and nothing else was given to the class - maybe because someone forgot, lol.

Aren't smugglers one of the least played classes? If so, why nerf it and make less people play it? I'm a commando myself and rarely see smugglers of either type but see loads of jedi everywhere.

Because that's just it. Smugglers/Imperial Agents are the least played class so the nerf won't hurt as much as nerfing.... say the Inquisitors?

Just because you can't stunlock and kill somebody from 100% down to 0% does not make you underpowered...it makes you in line with other classes. Before the nerf I was getting killed by scoundrels before I could even move. it was broken. Period.

This is why MMOs need to have more disconnect between PvP and PvE. You can't give classes distinctive tricks to give them PvE flavor unless you water that flavor down to almost nothing because those tricks are precisely what cause imbalances in PvP. Being overbalanced for 1v1 PvP encounters has almost no relation to capability versus multiple PvE enemies and trying to balance both is nearly impossible.

Just because you can't stunlock and kill somebody from 100% down to 0% does not make you underpowered...it makes you in line with other classes. Before the nerf I was getting killed by scoundrels before I could even move. it was broken. Period.

I have yet to see a SINGLE vid of an operative killing an equally geared/level player of ANY CLASS during the 3 second jarring strike stun after the biochem stack nerf. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Honest question: until I am 50 my opinion is invalid?

I'm being serious. I'd like to know if there is a massive change in power by 50.

Thanks for your reply.

At level 50, most of your skills gain another rank via the trainer. At level 50, you get pvp gear and expertise. At level 50, you can pretty much double cunning and endurance. At level 50, you can have 40% crit chance and 99% crit multiplier.

Right as a tank being destroyed by Scoundrels, ops and trooper commando's is normal. Just a few hits and im half way down my health bar. That feels just right to you? I am sorry but these classes need a nerf, thats the reality of it. Thank god there doing it.

So nerf 2- 3 classes instead of buffing the 1 that actually needed it? I think Op/Sc were fine pre-nerf.

Once the nerf bat starts it never stops!!!!

This is why MMOs need to have more disconnect between PvP and PvE. You can't give classes distinctive tricks to give them PvE flavor unless you water that flavor down to almost nothing because those tricks are precisely what cause imbalances in PvP. Being overbalanced for 1v1 PvP encounters has almost no relation to capability versus multiple PvE enemies and trying to balance both is nearly impossible.

I've been saying it for years, they just need to make bursty etc abilities work differently on players as pve content. Diablo 3 is doing it, more games need to follow suit.

I've been saying it for years, they just need to make bursty etc abilities work differently on players as pve content. Diablo 3 is doing it, more games need to follow suit.

This I've been saying the same thing since like burning crusade in WoW. Why not make each ability have a PvE and a PvP damage application to it. WoW has suffered for the same exact problem since the day they really implemented a PvP system that gave rewards to increase activity in PvP. They can't properly balance abilities between both PvE and PvP. There is always a broken class in PvE and a broken class in PvP and it's almost always the result of one single ability.

Like when Mortal Strike used to drop a player below half health on a crit and put a healing debuff on them. Was far and away the most overpowered ability in WoW at the time, they nerfed it and made arms warriors go from completely fine in PvE (not best but not worst) to being trashed in PvE. Same thing will happen in this game unless they adopt some system that allows them to balance PvE and PvP abilities separately.