Powerr's Jedi Shadow Tanking Guide

Powerr

I have recently encountered a decent Pyro(?) specced merc. Maybe I just don't know much about the spec because few people play it but he was my toughest fight yet, do you have any tips for dealing with them?

Interrupt their tracer missle, vanish on their blue bubble...

negate their burst from their second tracer missle by using resilience (their burst damage point of breach)

don't let them kite you

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that actually helps in PvP? Are we talking about the standard survivor gear attachments?

Thank you!

Yes, it does a little bit. For example, I used to not be spec'd in Kinetic War at all, due to the crit/shield relationship in pvp. However, since grabbing it and having it up as much as possible in combat, i have noticed an increase in my survivability (esp vs Mara/Sents). Same thing for the 3 pieces of Survivor gears I wear (with their standard mods). (Shield, Legs, Feet). It's not a hugely noiticable difference, and depending on the makeup of your opposing team, maybe even negligible, but I feel abit more survivable this way.

Of course, we dont really know jack without a combat log.

power generator or shield?

been currently rocking the shield gen but I've been told its not worth it.

Thoughts?

I use the shield generator, if you choose to use a focus, make sure to unspec kinetic ward as you will not need it

I have doubled my dps and self healing from the rotation - now i have to get the stalker gear and really do well. Really annoys me that the set designed for tanks just isnt right. I could tell something was wrong after getting 10 of the 14 pieces and im new to mmos - i could tell it wasnt balanced right between power and endurance and im a total noob - then read your guide. I had only been level 50 for 3 days and already had the reputation as the worst tank on the server. Hopefully it only takes me 3 weeks to get rid of that rep.

Thanks again

I have doubled my dps and self healing from the rotation - now i have to get the stalker gear and really do well. Really annoys me that the set designed for tanks just isnt right. I could tell something was wrong after getting 10 of the 14 pieces and im new to mmos - i could tell it wasnt balanced right between power and endurance and im a total noob - then read your guide. I had only been level 50 for 3 days and already had the reputation as the worst tank on the server. Hopefully it only takes me 3 weeks to get rid of that rep.

Thanks again

Good to hear my friend! Keep workin on it!

Which 2 pieces do you recommend staying with for survivor - they all have different benefits - give up 2 pieces that have power or crit and surge and that will determine whether you get 2 survivor pieces that have absorb defense or shield.

and they are diffferent for centurion, champion and battlemaster - i hate stuff like that so you have to unbalance your set while you are upgrading from one to the other.

What do u think about this Spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601bIMokrskcZhRrRk.1

More Power and Power Reg

= More Dmg? for Pvp

I'l be honest, I rarely have a power issue and so I think you are losing way to much from missing out on the bonus of Slow Time and Upheaval in that spec and the extra DPS from Tel Throw with 3x Harnessed Shadows.

I'l be honest, I rarely have a power issue and so I think you are losing way to much from missing out on the bonus of Slow Time and Upheaval in that spec and the extra DPS from Tel Throw with 3x Harnessed Shadows.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601bIMokrskrZhRrRo.1

From Circling Shadows 50% less Power on Project to get faster the 3 Stacks ?

I have Power Issues^^

+ 30% More Crit from Shadow Strike

Edited by Hadrians

I've been leveling a Shadow as my next project, only 22, since I plan to get my Vanguard to valor 60 this week, I should be able to spend a little more time on my little Shadow. Damn fun class to play.

Anyway quick question, I haven't check though all the pages in the thread, so apologies if this has been asked before, but can you use this spec to level through, the assumption is that you PVP a lot like I do through the leveling process ?

I tried building up this spec at level 22 through initially the tank line last night, and probably my mistake as I was using a focus item yet and had kinect ward specced, but didn't find it as effective as I did with my mish mash of a spec I had before.

So is the infil line a better spec line for a lowbie, definately intend on changing to this spec at 50 but right now I maybe need to think in another direction ?

I've been leveling a Shadow as my next project, only 22, since I plan to get my Vanguard to valor 60 this week, I should be able to spend a little more time on my little Shadow. Damn fun class to play.

Anyway quick question, I haven't check though all the pages in the thread, so apologies if this has been asked before, but can you use this spec to level through, the assumption is that you PVP a lot like I do through the leveling process ?

I tried building up this spec at level 22 through initially the tank line last night, and probably my mistake as I was using a focus item yet and had kinect ward specced, but didn't find it as effective as I did with my mish mash of a spec I had before.

So is the infil line a better spec line for a lowbie, definately intend on changing to this spec at 50 but right now I maybe need to think in another direction ?

infil till 25, kinetic the rest of the way!

I have been mod-ing all of my items to the recommended defensive stats on the "shadow handbook" and after reading your thread, watching your videos and tinkering a bit; i think i am getting better results shifting to more offensive mods.

How would you and other recommend prioritizing pre-expertise mods for PVP?

Is this order of priority decent?

Willpower > Endurance > Power > Surge > Absorption > Shield > Critical > Defense > Accuracy > Alacrity?

Thanks for the help!

Interesting. So you prefer defense over power? At what point would you stop stacking crit? 300? 450? And after that you would go defense not power?

not sure at exactly what number, anything close to 30% crit is good