Powerr's Jedi Shadow Tanking Guide

Powerr

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

documenting some speculations etc. gimme a few days

It's been 6 days... I am ready for your revelations!!! Please teach us!

I'm a 31/0/10 spec in full DPS gear... am I on the right path? crit 30, surge 70, rest power do those ancient values still hold true?

Or am I straying from the true path.

Are there combat logs that perhaps give new insight to our rotations? Like is 8-31-2 better or 2-31-8??

help us powerr-wan!

31/0/10 is still the best spec. It beats the 27/0/14 every time in duels as well as 27/1/13. Rotation is still the same.

Need to make sure to keep your crit rating around 26-28% and surge above 70%. You want over 200 power and 18,000 life as well.

27/0/14 will supply you much more damage but you lose the much needed ability slow time. With the current fast paced speed of the game. People are getting ripped in seconds and that debuff saves people for sure

I'm currently stacked full on tank-geared for PvE on my Sith Assassin, and only have 1180 Willpower at best at the moment. Though endurance wise, I'm running very high around 1870 with 21k health unbuffed. My power and surge is abysmal at best and I'm using Survivor gear for PvE with Endurance based custom mods and armorings I found by myself on the GTN.

I want to be able to dish out some damage like the one in the video, but I highly doubt I can even do that at this point unless I buy all new gear and start from scratch... Is it even possible now? Or do I switch to Stalker gear and see if I can balance out my End and Willpower. As of now, I'm practically invincible as a tank with a good healer in any Flashpoint (I hadn't tried Operations yet) but I can't get above a 2.5k crit even Recklessness/Force Potency on with Harnessed shocks.

What can I do at this point? I want to be able to DPS decently without changing my gear so much that I have to start over. Any advice would help :)

BTW I forgot to mention, yes I'm running the 31/0/10 spec but with my variations. It's a shadow tree, but it's the same as Assassin. I use it for reference to my Shadow I'm currently leveling.

Edited by Barrgil

I'm currently stacked full on tank-geared for PvE on my Sith Assassin, and only have 1180 Willpower at best at the moment. Though endurance wise, I'm running very high around 1870 with 21k health unbuffed. My power and surge is abysmal at best and I'm using Survivor gear for PvE with Endurance based custom mods and armorings I found by myself on the GTN.

I want to be able to dish out some damage like the one in the video, but I highly doubt I can even do that at this point unless I buy all new gear and start from scratch... Is it even possible now? Or do I switch to Stalker gear and see if I can balance out my End and Willpower. As of now, I'm practically invincible as a tank with a good healer in any Flashpoint (I hadn't tried Operations yet) but I can't get above a 2.5k crit even Recklessness/Force Potency on with Harnessed shocks.

What can I do at this point? I want to be able to DPS decently without changing my gear so much that I have to start over. Any advice would help :)

BTW I forgot to mention, yes I'm running the 31/0/10 spec but with my variations. It's a shadow tree, but it's the same as Assassin. I use it for reference to my Shadow I'm currently leveling.

Powerr is buying stalker gear first then buying survivor, switching the mods into the survivor once he has both sets

(powerr is telling me this on skype, apparently he unsubbed a day before his sub ended so BioWare didn't give him his well deserved 30 days... unbelievable)

Powerr is buying stalker gear first then buying survivor, switching the mods into the survivor once he has both sets

(powerr is telling me this on skype, apparently he unsubbed a day before his sub ended so BioWare didn't give him his well deserved 30 days... unbelievable)

Ahhh, so "in the end" he is wearing a full suit of Survivor Gear with Stalker mods?

Hey there guys I see the survivor / stalker gear, what should I get questions above.

I had asked the same a while ago. This is a pvp tank guide , so this doesn't apply to pve.

Since 1.2 mangled the pvp gear system, if you don't have bm sets or centurian sets you can't get the bonus. That's the reason you get the survivor. To get the 2 piece bonus.

Old way was to get the stalker set the grab 2 pieces survivor (what ever u like), put what ever mods in u want.

You would grab full stalker and put the dps mods in the survivor pieces... Catch is you have to buy the 2 extra pieces..

Now the grind is harder to get comms so this seems like a choice for the hardcore.

Powerr does have a new vid out and he says it's all about the synthweaving war hero gear.. This gear has augment slots.. And heres the kicker.. Despite having no indication of the sets bonus.. Using a crafted war hero chest piece will carry over the bonus.

So.. The optimal gear set to get is critical crafted synthweaved sets.. 2 piece surv.. 4 stalker .all dps mods.

Tip...grab the expertise crystal first if u haven't already .. And u can use red without dark side :cool:

Tip... Use Nadia to crit your synth.. Or pay large .. With her affection level crits are plenty.:D

Tip.. Use the defense trink , great for preventing caps , and static power stat.

Quartz- jedi shadow- Fatman :wea_03:

So.. The optimal gear set to get is critical crafted synthweaved sets.. 2 piece surv.. 4 stalker .all dps mods.

Can't get 2 piece bonus and 4 piece bonus. You need to make a choice between the two. It comes down to personal preference.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know if he still is a part of the community but I would like to thank him for his effort in making those guides. His contributions to this game allowed me to see what I was doing wrong in PVP with my shadow. I upped my game from zero (first time MMO for me and I was a clicker) to someone who is constantly using keybinds, macros with both his hands and who tops the warzone list in 99% of the cases.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't know if he still is a part of the community but I would like to thank him for his effort in making those guides. His contributions to this game allowed me to see what I was doing wrong in PVP with my shadow. I upped my game from zero (first time MMO for me and I was a clicker) to someone who is constantly using keybinds, macros with both his hands and who tops the warzone list in 99% of the cases.

in calypho (PvP is above average but to be honest not SO great)

steamrolling imps pugs (90% of the time) or some dogfighters that only watch their damage

with full gear (because reps are better in average and get more wins)

and pocket healers (wich are pretty good)

ur not bad at all in fact is nice to fight against u guys, but take it easy, ur playing a op class (i have a shodow 2 and YES IT IS OP) with a good team not in a good PVP server

I have a volor 73 War Hero, with 4 set bonus, most are BM pieces, and I had a friend crafting Stalker WH augmented pieces too,. The mods are expensive to remove, but remove them BEFORE you hand over the BM shell, to exchange for War Hero.

I am waiting to see the feedback on 1.3 PVP, and decide whether my Shadow Infiltrator has any future in PVP now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...