Win EVERY Civil War SUPER FLAW

gryhmr

So want to win Civil War? Easy. Just take over the right and left guns and camp the rest of the game. The instant reinforce speeder will make sure you never lose either node and your enemy sits on their hands in the middle.

Why is this a thing? Why do the two nodes on the outside reinforce so well while the middle does not. You can hold two opposite ends of the map easier than you can two nodes next to one another. It makes no sense.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things I'd like to comment on

1) Just zerg one node for a few minutes with your whole team. Once you're sure 7-8 enemies are there, break off with 2 stealthers or something and take right. Grats it will take them forever to break anyone off their left node to help, and if they do break off they risk losing that node

2) Dots need to stop breaking node caps and need to stop breaking your out of combat heal

Two things I'd like to comment on

1) Just zerg one node for a few minutes with your whole team. Once you're sure 7-8 enemies are there, break off with 2 stealthers or something and take right. Grats it will take them forever to break anyone off their left node to help, and if they do break off they risk losing that node

2) Dots need to stop breaking node caps and need to stop breaking your out of combat heal

in pug v pug good luck getting that type of organization.

The OP is correct. There is no point in fighting for middle when the two side points are far more valuable. The speeder bikes on the two side Turrets reach the ground far too quickly. If you kill all the enemies at a side Turret and immediately start capping the point, they will land and have enough time to gain LoS of you (if you are playing smart and capping on the opposite side of where the enemies land) and interrupt your cap. And this is not even considering DoTs constantly interrupting the cap. So combine DoTs + Classes with Sprint that run in and AoE upon landing and it makes the side points very difficult to cap. This is a flawed design and needs to be fixed. Edited by copasetic

Disrupting the cap is a viable tactic but they need to increase the speeder time compared to how long it takes to cap. I believe at the moment it is faster to take the speeder than to cap.

It is not, it's roughly equal. It takes about 11-12 seconds to reinforce Left and Right and exactly 8 seconds to cap, HOWEVER not when you have a bunch of Gunslingers/Agents DoTing enemy to hell :D

If DoTs stop breaking node capture that basically removes DoTs efficiency out of the game and makes Dirty Fighting of the Gunslinger and analogical tree of Agent USELESS. Please, consider what you are suggesting, as it really sounds very much so anti-DPS changes :eek:

If DoTs stop breaking node capture that basically removes DoTs efficiency out of the game and makes Dirty Fighting of the Gunslinger and analogical tree of Agent USELESS. Please, consider what you are suggesting, as it really sounds very much so anti-DPS changes :eek:

The problem isnt the initial hit of the dot stopping a cap, the problem is that a dot makes it so you cant cap for the whole duration of the effect which is just retarded.

If the only thing dots are good for is breaking caps on nodes, we need to re-evaluate what DoT's are supposed to do.

I can easily hold off 3, sometimes even 4 (for help to arrive, not to beat them 1v3-4) if one of them keeps trying to cap, by playing los/seperation tactics at a node and keeping my 18 second long dot up on everyone. It feels cheap, dirty, and shouldn't exist.

I PLAY as Assault. I'm not saying this to nerf someone else, I'm saying it to nerf ME. It's just way too easy. I see someone go for the door/turret once or twice? Put a dot up on him. He now can't for the next 18 seconds (unless he's one of the three people in the game that knows how to dispel).

Edited by Vlaid

Bah. IF you have right and left then you are exposed to a zerg either right or left, and the time it takes to reallocate your resources from left to right or vice verse is inadequate for a save and totally dependent on respanws taking the speeder to either node and keeping the other team from capping, whereas middle supporting left or middle supporting right is a much easier tactic to execute, and aside from an entire team of stealthies, you can predict where the hit is going and allocate the resources needed to defend. Both tactics are viable, however, and that's what makes civil war a participial well polished and enjoyable war zone.

in pug v pug good luck getting that type of organization.

In Pug v pug .. your a pug. Just saying.. or are you one of those people who freaks out that people aren't doing what you want them to do.. when ur solo'ing yourself?

impressive!

The problem isnt the initial hit of the dot stopping a cap, the problem is that a dot makes it so you cant cap for the whole duration of the effect which is just retarded.

Disagree. Dot's are an intended mechanic for class/wz design. I do not support making maps easier by nerfing certain abilities and the entire community cater to your, and similar plays styles, because it's too hard for you (or others) to play as the game was designed. Moar dots plz.

In Pug v pug .. your a pug. Just saying.. or are you one of those people who freaks out that people aren't doing what you want them to do.. when ur solo'ing yourself?

impressive!

no. its that you cant organize tactically in a pug. which ever group gets the sides first wins the game in civil war. you are not going to get feint tactics through on an unorganized team.

Disagree. Dot's are an intended mechanic for class/wz design. I do not support making maps easier by nerfing certain abilities and the entire community cater to your, and similar plays styles, because it's too hard for you (or others) to play as the game was designed. Moar dots plz.

the game was designed poorly. the first hit of a dot should interrupt. the duration of the dot should tick damage not make that person unable to cap a node for the duration.

I think that any reasonable person, who has PVPed a lot, has been skilled/competent in PVP in several MMO's....and is objective (phew this is a tall order for most forum goers).....it becomes quite obvious that with the time it takes to kill enough people at a node to cap, combined with the instant speeders.....that dots preventing caps is a bit much.

I'd rather it be easier to attack a node than easier to defend it. Makes for more dynamic and exciting PVP.