This launch sets the bar

Ravenolf

Apparently you never played on pvp server during any other games launch. Or were you always the first one to max lvl??

What do you do after a game has been around for a month? Go pve server??

Noob.

If you join a game after a month, then a lot of the 50's will be raiding with each other. When there are only 4 level 50's they have nothing better to do than gank the low people.

If everyone launches at the same time, then people are too busy leveling to gank very much. If they do stop, then they lose the level advantage pretty quickly.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of a better (or more fair) way to launch an MMO with an expected player base north of one million...

Better to open up the floodgates, crash the servers, unplayable lag in beginner zones, 100 people all trying to kill the same mob, etc...?

Yes...

For people who only know how to play an MMO like a race, being first at max level, this has been heartbreakening and their internet egos lie shattered on the floor. But for people who bought this game to immerse them selfs in the history and play this game like a game while leveling, it's utter genious.

Amen.. I really think that most people who play this game really just want to immerse themselves in the story that BW has created, maybe hang out with friends and enjoy some down time. People who are angry that BW is trying to make this as smooth a launch as possible are small minded, immature and unable to delay their gratification. I see that everyday in my job as a juvenile probation officer. So to all you juveniles out there... please remember, there will be a tomorrow, and everything is going to be ok.

Seriously

I declined the last 2 big betas last month because I wanted this to be fresh. That meant I had to sit in the forums and hear all the haters and stuff. I was not discouraged.

Now that I got a day under my belt I can't help but think, WHAT THE HELL WERE THESE PEOPLE SMOKING? This game is so freakin awsome. I've had zero issues except maybe my marriage is in trouble, that's it.

But.. the majority of people on the forums dont have that experience. Thus you cannot possibly understand their perspective.

No ques to get in.

No quest mob camping.

No crashes at all.

No lag at all.

And so far the community has been great, and very helpful in chat.

Congrats Bioware! I am sure future MMOs will take a page out of your book.

Now to get back to it. So much win in this game.

+1

everything is perfect so far :D

I would imagine the most extreme epeen wielders preordered the second it became available and have already been playing for two days.

Without a doubt

And the statement about no Ques is a lie

There's been a que since 7 am yesterday why tell lies?

Edited by Atalantia

Hey the floodgates are opening the 20th. Is the servers gonna magically be able to handle it then but not now?

Anoher ****..

There will be no flood gates to open, the one large flood wave will have been let in as broen up waves instead, and they'd most likely be upgrading the servers with any issues they encounter as the population increases - could be the reason for the long periods of wait at the end of each days wave, they are probably using that time for doing monitoring and checkups and any fixes.

By the time of the 20th, everyone will be nice and spread out across the game and not all flooding start zones and the servers would of been eased out with each wave. Completely smart and logical launch.

No ques to get in.

No quest mob camping.

No crashes at all.

No lag at all.

And so far the community has been great, and very helpful in chat.

Congrats Bioware! I am sure future MMOs will take a page out of your book.

Now to get back to it. So much win in this game.

You are aware after they close the page on head start for official launch (Dec 20th), they will roll it out much in the same way... first come first serve based on who registers their game key and logs in their credit card/game card first.

you guys are nothin but a bunch of whiners.

Wait till 20th if you are moaning about there being no "mmo" or "grouping" lol... lol

You mean the 20th the day where everyone will be trying to force theyr way trough login server, no mather how staggered the early access was, is that the 20th you speak of?

You are aware after they close the page on head start for official launch (Dec 20th), they will roll it out much in the same way... first come first serve based on who registers their game key and logs in their credit card/game card first.

That would require basic thought and logic. The fanboi bots are lacking in that department.

No they're not, bad troll bad!

Bioware screwing us over the grace period guarantees this isn't the best launch ever.

I got confirmation from Amazon that I will have my media by the 16th. So the only downtime I would see would be when they close the servers for 2 hours on the 19th. I think Bioware has been trying to fix this with each outlet.

I'm not in right now myself but I think this method is great. Depending on how they architected their infrastructure we may not see any huge problems once the 20th comes. I have been in many pre-lauch/open beta (that is what LotR Online and Lineage 2 called it iiric), but I have never seen this many players involved.

So if you are sad cause they didn't let you in yet it is your own (in this case my own) fault. With a company like this those pre-orders can have huge bearing on all sorts of finacials, estimates, budgets and most important Stock Price, that they should give a benefit to those that order earlier...really if they just let all of us who ordered later and put our money down later in at the same time that would be unfair to those that ordered months ago.

I pre-ordered a while back but forgot activate it till the end of November... can't really blame anyone but myself. There are a number of things that I don't like about SWTOR but this roll out isn't one of them.

I'm not in right now myself but I think this method is great. Depending on how they architected their infrastructure we may not see any huge problems once the 20th comes. I have been in many pre-lauch/open beta (that is what LotR Online and Lineage 2 called it iiric), but I have never seen this many players involved.

So if you are sad cause they didn't let you in yet it is your own (in this case my own) fault. With a company like this those pre-orders can have huge bearing on all sorts of finacials, estimates, budgets and most important Stock Price, that they should give a benefit to those that order earlier...really if they just let all of us who ordered later and put our money down later in at the same time that would be unfair to those that ordered months ago.

I pre-ordered a while back but forgot activate it till the end of November... can't really blame anyone but myself. There are a number of things that I don't like about SWTOR but this roll out isn't one of them.

Its not the actual method... its the communication. One dev post saying the approx dates of who get in when, BEFORE this started... would have cut over 25% of the complaints on the forum

With a company like this those pre-orders can have huge bearing on all sorts of finacials, estimates, budgets and most important Stock Price, that they should give a benefit to those that order earlier...

Agree to a point. First day should have been everybody that ordered first, and day two should have been everybody else. At the end of the day, we all contributed in the same way. Some of us just did it sooner. I honestly don't think making people wait three, four or even five days is remotely fair to anyone that purchased a pre order, no matter when they did it.

As far as server loads, the zones are instanced, and there are more servers than any launch I've ever seen.