Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

just to clear this up, I am just getting up to the Kira romance part. I started pre launch and i am hearing that they fixed this glitch for new users but not characters pre launch. Would this effect me or will the kira convo's work? I hear so many different things and I just do not want to get stuck in the glitch as well. If anyone can clear this up for me it would be greatly appreciated. I just want to know if i could go on with the kira convo without problems or that I should wait so I don't have the same glitch problem as so many have had. Thank You.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just to clear this up, I am just getting up to the Kira romance part. I started pre launch and i am hearing that they fixed this glitch for new users but not characters pre launch. Would this effect me or will the kira convo's work? I hear so many different things and I just do not want to get stuck in the glitch as well. If anyone can clear this up for me it would be greatly appreciated. I just want to know if i could go on with the kira convo without problems or that I should wait so I don't have the same glitch problem as so many have had. Thank You.

You should be fine to continue. From what has been posted, the bug for new players is fixed, it's only people like me who did the conversation before the fix that still have issues.

It might feel a little odd (she'll reference things that you guys are going to have to do that you've already done) but this game, unfortunately, is chock full of stuff like this (the taral V flashpoint, for example, spoils part of the knights story, and when i did the tatooine advanced series the guy told me "go defeat Darth Angral", when i had beat him a few missions before >_>)

One thing I've noticed is that even though I'm nearing the end of Chapter 3(currently on Voss), Kira will respond during story cutscenes as if we've done things I haven't done(mine's been bugged since the start). I'm wondering if it's assuming I've done all these flirting quests I haven't done, or if it's just independent of the story? All a bit confusing with this bug.

One thing I've noticed is that even though I'm nearing the end of Chapter 3(currently on Voss), Kira will respond during story cutscenes as if we've done things I haven't done(mine's been bugged since the start). I'm wondering if it's assuming I've done all these flirting quests I haven't done, or if it's just independent of the story? All a bit confusing with this bug.

From what I've gathered, it's a matter of affection, not necessarily the story path you choose. So your affection is high, which opens up certain options despite the story not progressing.

So, I just got the game today, cause I had some other real life expenses that I had to take care of, will the story arc be bugged for me if I chose the dark side flirt option on the ship?

Thanks for any answers :)

no offense dude, but this has been answered at LEAST 30 times

yes you're fine, they fixed it for new people

How do you test this on test server? Is there a way to transfer your broken character? Cause they're not gonna level you to defector to test it.

Sorry, but you'd have to powerlevel; that's what I'm doing (currently level 12 and hunting Lord Tarnis on Coruscant). If you're interested in reminiscing on the story so as to not be in the dark when we get flooded with companion quests when the patch goes live, I think rolling a knight on the public test server would work pretty well. The way I see it, the patch isn't going to be out for a while, so I've got time to get a character there up to the Defector and try some things out. That way I'll have a heads up as to what conversation answers will do what etc., as well as let myself know the order in which these side quests are supposed to come. But it's all up to you :) (PS: There are hardly any people over on the test server; I was one of about 3 on average on Coruscant today, and about 3 on Tython yesterday)

hmm she is fixed?

Kira Carsen

Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to progress in Kira’s affection conversations. Players previously affected by this issue can now speak to Kira and progress normally.

from 1.1 patch 7 january. Haven't read it during the weekend saw it now. Any knight previously affected tried her after the patch?

The fix is coming in the next patch by the looks of it.

From the PTS patch notes:

Fixed an issue that caused players to be unable to progress in Kira’s affection conversations. Players previously affected by this issue can now speak to Kira and progress normally.

Check the ptr patch notes.

We dont know yet, we will hopefully find out tomorrow.

I'd like to see a major patch implemented. Not that I don't appreciate the minor updates to address serious issues, but I think we're ready for some major changes as stability seems to have been ironed out for the most part.

Edited by MichellMich

Lets hope this new patch fixes us lonely jedi knights. imo we should get special titles for having had to put up with the bug :) perhaps "the loveless" or something hehe

anybody on the PTS can confirm their latest patch will indeed fix it for us?

Lets hope this new patch fixes us lonely jedi knights. imo we should get special titles for having had to put up with the bug :) perhaps "the loveless" or something hehe

anybody on the PTS can confirm their latest patch will indeed fix it for us?

I'm sure it will fix it for us due to the fact the patch notes and devs say it will. The only issue I have is if it will come out on Tuesday or not.

That would explain why she has a mission marker over her head on the ship and at cantinas but won't speak to me.

T7 won't speak to me either, and there are many NPCs with mission markers that give me an "You must complete missions before you can do that" answer. It started on Alderaan and Lieutenant Hollis on Balmorra is doing the same.

This is pretty broken.

Edited by Volki

That would explain why she has a mission marker over her head on the ship and at cantinas but won't speak to me.

T7 won't speak to me either, and there are many NPCs with mission markers that give me an "You must complete missions before you can do that" answer. It started on Alderaan and Lieutenant Hollis on Balmorra is doing the same.

This is pretty broken.

Are you sure your mission log isn't maxed at 25/25 already? That's what it sounds like.

Are you sure your mission log isn't maxed at 25/25 already? That's what it sounds like.

Oh, for the love of...

I had 25 of 25 missions. I dropped a few PvP and dailies and she resumed with her own missions.

Pardon my blunder and thanks for the help!

Oh, for the love of...

I had 25 of 25 missions. I dropped a few PvP and dailies and she resumed with her own missions.

Pardon my blunder and thanks for the help!

In your defense, I walked around in this state for hours and hours because the message you get is NOT useful to determining the problem.

It says something generic like "you must complete more quests". Okay, that makes it sound similar to "ineligible for this conversation". I figured I just hadn't UNLOCKED things yet due to being behind in my class/planet progression.

A simple "Your quest log is full" would have cleanly indicated how to fix the problem. Instead, I spent two planets thinking half the dialogs were unavailable to me.