Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

The fix is listed in the patch notes for 1.0.1, but we are still a bit away from it being deployed on live servers. Also this will prevent new characters from experiencing this problem, but for those of us who were already hit with this bug, we will have to wait a while longer for them fix our stories. Could easily not be fixed for us until January.

Seriously?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to add, I've been worried that it did not fix it in the long run and there were more broken flags. After that spurt of dialogues I had nothing for ages, however as soon as I finished chapter 1 I got another batch of dialogues including a companion quest.

To anyone out there who uses my suggested 'fix' and finds you do not get any quests for awhile, it is most likely due to you have a relatively high affection. This causes you to automatically get ALL of the dialogues at once. Dialogues are unlocked through two triggers, one being levels of affection and the other being certain events in game, like you could have full affection and fulfill the criteria for any dialogue but until you reach a certain part of your class storyline nothing will happen.

This actually makes a lot of sense as many of the dialogues reference in game events and would not make sense without the second trigger. Its just irrating if you always use kira and never use T7 because you gain 'too much' affection

Figured i'd quote this for people who have avoided the dark side flirt but still think their Kira is bugged.

I'm about to do the quest with her brother. So what should I do ? Just avoid the DS flirt and I'm ok ?

Avoid flirting all together and you'll be fine. However if you still want a romance then avoid the Dark Side flirt on the intercom after the station and then do the neutral flirt after Tython on the intercom.

Edited by SuperSair

This is actually such a ridiculous bug. Especially if it was there in past builds and was reported in numerous betas. It's game breaking and should have been fixed before launch. Please BioWare give us a ETA on when it will be fixed for people past the dark side flirt option.

The thing is, its been in past builds so I think its a real problem for BioWare or they would have fixed it. Personally i think anyone whos already past the quest after nar shaadaa might be waiting a very long time for a fix. I'm considering restating :(

Kira wanted to talk to me on Taris and Nar Shaddaa. When I walked into a cantina icon has disappeared and then nothing. Since the end of Coruscant, I have had no discussion with her. Is this related to this bug?

Don't think so, its after nar shaadaa the game breaking bug can happen

FYI, Kira didn't talk to me before the dark side flirt either - as far as I can see, it's been bugged the entire time. And yes Bioware, PLEASE give us an estimate at least, so that we know if we should roll alts or wait this thing out.

I've had this issue too. I can't seem to get either Kira or T7 to talk to me at all, on my ship or in Cantinas, and I had this issue before the DS flirt with Kira. :(

I would like to add my comments to this thread and request any help that may be out there.

My affection with Kira is over 5k. We have had very few comversations and every time the "she wants to talk" icon appears, I return to the ship but am unable to have a conversation with her (the empty quest icon does not appear). I have written 3 tickets and a few forum posts and have received no communication in this matter. I have tried cantinas and the intercom, neither have worked.

I am just starting act 2 and would like to have this matter resolved. I tend to prefer jedi companions in star wars and will be using her a lot, I would like to think that I could use an unbugged companion if I so choose.

A few other comments based on what I read:

My character is female. While I have not chosen to romance her, I was under the impression that SGRA's were in the game (per the jubilant posts from the SGRA community a few months back) and that "flirt" options were now available to characters of same gender. I have not seen these options in any of my chat choices but would like to know that the companion is functioning as intended (being that I can in fact romance her). I would like to also ask if it possible that, once this bug gets resolved, if I will be able to go back and catch up on all that I have missed. If this is not the case, it would be the first "black mark" on this release for me, as a big, serious, companion story bug would be allowed to perpetuate and impact game experience.

Thanks to all for reading and good luck!

I've had this issue too. I can't seem to get either Kira or T7 to talk to me at all, on my ship or in Cantinas, and I had this issue before the DS flirt with Kira. :(

T7 should be fine though, I never had any problems with him. Maybe you just don't have enough affection points? Are you going darkside by any chance?

I would like to add my comments to this thread and request any help that may be out there.

My affection with Kira is over 5k. We have had very few comversations and every time the "she wants to talk" icon appears, I return to the ship but am unable to have a conversation with her (the empty quest icon does not appear). I have written 3 tickets and a few forum posts and have received no communication in this matter. I have tried cantinas and the intercom, neither have worked.

I am just starting act 2 and would like to have this matter resolved. I tend to prefer jedi companions in star wars and will be using her a lot, I would like to think that I could use an unbugged companion if I so choose.

A few other comments based on what I read:

My character is female. While I have not chosen to romance her, I was under the impression that SGRA's were in the game (per the jubilant posts from the SGRA community a few months back) and that "flirt" options were now available to characters of same gender. I have not seen these options in any of my chat choices but would like to know that the companion is functioning as intended (being that I can in fact romance her). I would like to also ask if it possible that, once this bug gets resolved, if I will be able to go back and catch up on all that I have missed. If this is not the case, it would be the first "black mark" on this release for me, as a big, serious, companion story bug would be allowed to perpetuate and impact game experience.

Thanks to all for reading and good luck!

This is interesting and confirms what I thought pretty much - the bug is independent of the dark side flirt. It's there from the beginning for the people that get it, and only some seem to do.

They've already released a fix for the issue for players who haven't gotten past Nar Shadda yet. They said it will take a few days to reverse the effects of the bug and to restore any lost affection during the time. Just be patient.

Source?

They've already released a fix for the issue for players who haven't gotten past Nar Shadda yet. They said it will take a few days to reverse the effects of the bug and to restore any lost affection during the time. Just be patient.

I'll echo the above post, source would be great please.

FYI, Kira didn't talk to me before the dark side flirt either - as far as I can see, it's been bugged the entire time. And yes Bioware, PLEASE give us an estimate at least, so that we know if we should roll alts or wait this thing out.

Apparently Kira is really silent before that abandoned mining facility event, and only starts talking to you more after it. Is it a bug that she doesn't want to talk till that incident? I don't necessarily think so.

Yeah need a source. Your sig says 11-11-11 so I'm skeptical....

Hello all!

I can confirm that there is indeed an issue here.

The TL;DR version is this:

Until we can get the fix up, don't flirt with Kira during The Defector quest! :mon_trap: (she will stop giving affection conversations)

The underlying issue has already been fixed internally, and should be showing up on our known issues list in a moment. It will take us a few days to roll out the fix so new players won't encounter the issue. It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue, but don't panic -- you should be able to hit the ground running with Kira as if nothing had ever been wrong (affection accumulated between now and then should not be harmed). Free to continue using Kira if you don't mind cashing in on your investment at a later date, or perhaps you might get to better know your cheeky T-7 droid!

Lastly, props to Cadan for his assistance in helping us track down this bug and give it the Yoda Stick! :wea_10:

Source here?

I have been hoping they fix it soon. I'm already level 45 and don't want to re-roll to see the options, again. This is becoming a real problem because I buy Bioware games because they have an immersive story line. HALF OF THE IMMERSION IS FROM THE ROMANCES BETWEEN CHARACTERS.