Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Fixed an issue that could cause Kira’s affection progression to become blocked." I wonder if this means to new ones our the majority of us who are after the ds flirt.

This probably means that its for people before the DS flirt. If you read the dev's post he states that they're fixing what causes the bug first, then it'll take another few days to reverse the bug's effects.

I'm giving it till next week

Well it isn't the DS flirt that causes the bug for me. It was blocked before the DS flirt and after avoiding it. It worked temporarily after avoiding the DS flirt I believe because I was on the ship when the mission finished, and the conversation indicator that appears and disappears never survives an area transition. So it is impossible to get to the ship for a conversation.

I certainly did not do the DS flirt. I've done straightedged Jedi the whole way.

I get the icon that says she wants to talk, but as soon as I get on the ship, no go.

Level 22.

I almost don't want to know what I am missing, because I am enjoying the game otherwise.

Level 30, skipped the DS flirt, had the first kiss, haven't had a conversation with her since. Had an option to talk to her a little bit ago, wanted to wait untill after my flashpoint. When I was done, she didn't want to talk anymore. Liiiittle upset about it.

Level 30, skipped the DS flirt, had the first kiss, haven't had a conversation with her since. Had an option to talk to her a little bit ago, wanted to wait untill after my flashpoint. When I was done, she didn't want to talk anymore. Liiiittle upset about it.

When is this first kiss?

I never even got the first kiss!!

Exact same issue here. At first, I thought all was good since I skipped the first DS flirt option, had the first kiss and such. But seeing as how that was 2 whole planets ago and she has said nothing more since, I'm starting to wonder whether I should just stop playing my Knight until it's fixed or reroll altogether.

Every now and then, the option that she wants to speak with me appears, so I go back to the ship and... nothing.

I don't want to log on one day and find that she has 50 built-up conversations back to back. I would much rather have them flow with the story.

It's of such importance to me that I would not think twice about deleting my character and starting over. In fact, it may be worth doing that just to experience her story correctly. :(

Edited by Abominant

Exact same issue here. At first, I thought all was good since I skipped the first DS flirt option, had the first kiss and such. But seeing as how that was 2 whole planets ago and she has said nothing more since, I'm starting to wonder whether I should just stop playing my Knight until it's fixed or reroll altogether.

Every now and then, the option that she wants to speak with me appears, so I go back to the ship and... nothing.

I don't want to log on one day and find that she has 50 built-up conversations back to back. I would much rather have them flow with the story.

It's of such importance to me that I would not think twice about deleting my character and starting over. In fact, it may be worth doing that just to experience her story correctly. :(

Same here. I don't care about bugs in general, but this just ruins everything for me. I love the game, but this is inexcusable. A week of gameplay, wasted completely.

My situation as well word for word.

Hello all!

I can confirm that there is indeed an issue here.

The TL;DR version is this:

Until we can get the fix up, don't flirt with Kira during The Defector quest! :mon_trap: (she will stop giving affection conversations)

The underlying issue has already been fixed internally, and should be showing up on our known issues list in a moment. It will take us a few days to roll out the fix so new players won't encounter the issue. It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue, but don't panic -- you should be able to hit the ground running with Kira as if nothing had ever been wrong (affection accumulated between now and then should not be harmed). Free to continue using Kira if you don't mind cashing in on your investment at a later date, or perhaps you might get to better know your cheeky T-7 droid!

Lastly, props to Cadan for his assistance in helping us track down this bug and give it the Yoda Stick! :wea_10:

Just keeping this on the last page. Making sure anyone new to this knows whats going on.

Sitting at about 4k affection, finished Tatooine, and only one non-main story conversation so far (the initial one upon getting your ship).

Am concerned that I am having the same bug, put a lot of time and in-game resources into gifts and what-not so as to advance this storyline; kind of frustrated if it's supposed to start on Nar Shaddaa and here I am two planets later and nothing's happened.

Will be putting an open ticket in-game at next play.

[POSSIBLE MINOR SPOILERS]

Hey all,

Looks like a lot of people are freaking out over the Kira thing, so I wanted to post an update on my progress so far.

I'm level 32 atm.

- I did not choose the dark side flirt after the "brother" scene. I did however pick all the light side flirts on those conversations. At this point my affection was somewhere around 2.2k I think.

- No more conversations until after I finished Act I and opened up my legacy (I was 32 when this happened.) At this point, my affection was about 5.5-5.7k. I got a second kiss after choosing several neutral flirts. No dark side choices presented for me, perhaps since this is the light side version of the romance?

- Kira then offered me a quest that involved going to a planet and doing a certain thing i.e. a real quest not just talking. I did this.

- When I got back to the ship, she had another set of questions for me. This set was really good and I don't want to spoil anything but I'll say that it involved more than just a kiss.

That's it so far for me. The last set of questions definitely hinted at more to come, and I expect it to be awesome. So don't stress and let it come naturally.

Sigh

Been over a week since the dev posted a response and its still bugged. Level 37 on Balmorra and haven't had a single quest/romance from Kira. I chose that dark side flirt option way back. Will it defiantly be fixed for existing players? i really don't wanna spend another 60hrs on a Jedi Knight

Sigh

Been over a week since the dev posted a response and its still bugged. Level 37 on Balmorra and haven't had a single quest/romance from Kira. I chose that dark side flirt option way back. Will it defiantly be fixed for existing players? i really don't wanna spend another 60hrs on a Jedi Knight

Level 35 Hoth, affection is maxed out at 10k....still nothing. :') Why are you doing this to me Bioware?

The fix is listed in the patch notes for 1.0.1, but we are still a bit away from it being deployed on live servers. Also this will prevent new characters from experiencing this problem, but for those of us who were already hit with this bug, we will have to wait a while longer for them fix our stories. Could easily not be fixed for us until January.

The fix is listed in the patch notes for 1.0.1, but we are still a bit away from it being deployed on live servers. Also this will prevent new characters from experiencing this problem, but for those of us who were already hit with this bug, we will have to wait a while longer for them fix our stories. Could easily not be fixed for us until January.

OMG!

Why Bioware?