Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

I'm pretty much down to the whole: if it's not fixed by tomorrow's (maybe) patch I'm re-rolling club.

I'm not going to spend any more of my time on a broken character that they don't plan on fixing anytime soon.

Even if they did fix it down the road, it wouldn't feel right completing it that way, possibly missing out on additional events and dialogue.

For a game that is focused on story, this is severely disappointing. I mean it's not a simple glitch or "there is a commendation in my inventory" bug. A entire quest-line is GONE.

EDIT: I retract my following statement after finding this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=393379#edit393379

Edited by SuperSair

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all!

I can confirm that there is indeed an issue here.

The TL;DR version is this:

Until we can get the fix up, don't flirt with Kira during The Defector quest! :mon_trap: (she will stop giving affection conversations)

The underlying issue has already been fixed internally, and should be showing up on our known issues list in a moment. It will take us a few days to roll out the fix so new players won't encounter the issue. It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue, but don't panic -- you should be able to hit the ground running with Kira as if nothing had ever been wrong (affection accumulated between now and then should not be harmed). Free to continue using Kira if you don't mind cashing in on your investment at a later date, or perhaps you might get to better know your cheeky T-7 droid!

Lastly, props to Cadan for his assistance in helping us track down this bug and give it the Yoda Stick! :wea_10:

Yes! Thank you so much Matt for clarifying with us on this issue. It's is greatly appreciated!

That dev post wasn't in this thread last night.

Bioware really needs to fix the lag between when a dev posts and when it shows up on the forums.

It isn't lag.

A dev submits a post and it doesn't go up immediately because it has to be approved by someone (I'm guessing someone like Stephen Reid), before it gets shown.

This is so they make sure no one says too much, or says something they aren't supposed to. And if they do, they can revise it.

I completely missed that dev post. Feel honoured to be thanked by a developer :D Was my pleasure guys!

So yeah for people who are asking the same questions here, short answer don't worry about rerolling! Will have to wait if you chose the DS flirt but its not a character killer!

Oh and I keep seeing this question too. The flirt you get on Ord Mantell (as far as I remember isn't darksided anyway) is irrelevant to the flag issues so that doesn't effect the problem.

So according to the Dev post it will be fixed? Cause rerolling from level 32 would be a hella pain.

Apparently yes. If you are afraid of missing even the slightest thing, like me, than a option would be to stop playing your Knight until the fix is officially out. Or at least stop story progression.

When? Idk, that post says a few days but was, according to the date, posted a few days ago. At best tomorrow, at worst a week. Longer for people who made the choice already.

Edited by SuperSair

so after seeing the devs post we can say that for now we have 2 choices to move along kiras romance plot:

1) do not chose the DS flirt after nar shaddaa...

or

2) dont progress with the plot till the patch is released...

seeing that im very near the critical point of the bug, could i just NOT chose the DS flirt option and then move along with kiras romance plot without worring about any bugs in this plotline in the future???

Bugs like this should already be fixed.

And features like chat bubbles should be in the game.

The game has launched. It shouldn't have in this state. :(

Really? Have you been a part of any other MMO launch? This one is pretty good in comparison.. IE: star trek online, WoW, matrix online, city of heros.. this launch is far better than those were..

and chat bubbles.. way better without them cluttering up a high population zone..

so after seeing the devs post we can say that for now we have 2 choices to move along kiras romance plot:

1) do not chose the DS flirt after nar shaddaa...

or

2) dont progress with the plot till the patch is released...

seeing that im very near the critical point of the bug, could i just NOT chose the DS flirt option and then move along with kiras romance plot without worring about any bugs in this plotline in the future???

You can progress, it just will all release in a wave after the patch, so you'll get caught up quickly. :p

After having just logged in to see if the bug had been patched, I was extremely disappointed to see that it hasn't been.

BioWare...come on guys your some of the best out there, get this fixed so those of us that played Early Access and chose the DS flirt can progress and stop complaining because I know you guys hate hearing us whine and moan.

Honestly, to help benefit yourselves and the people you have just handed this massive title over to play, fix the issue, it can't be that difficult.

Love,

Ahato

Okay, in the first place, this doesn't sound like a bug at all.

Secondly, just to be clear, if you pick the "I won't let anyone touch you" option in the post-asteroid-revelation crew meeting, that closes off the romance for all time? Or can you still do it if you don't take the post-tython flirt option?

I don't fault BioWare for doing something like this, but they should make it a little more clear and intuitive. If that IS the trigger, that's actually a very romantic sentiment for the Jedi Knight to express, and quite desirable in a prospective romantic partner.

Okay, in the first place, this doesn't sound like a bug at all.

Secondly, just to be clear, if you pick the "I won't let anyone touch you" option in the post-asteroid-revelation crew meeting, that closes off the romance for all time? Or can you still do it if you don't take the post-tython flirt option?

I don't fault BioWare for doing something like this, but they should make it a little more clear and intuitive. If that IS the trigger, that's actually a very romantic sentiment for the Jedi Knight to express, and quite desirable in a prospective romantic partner.

It is a bug, if you go back a few pages we have a mod confirming this and that they're fixing it (hopefully soon ~_~) The flirt you're looking for a is a flirt that gives dark side points, cause there are technically two of them. If you used that flirt then then you cannot continue interacting with her at all. She won't want to talk to you ever after that =(

Hello all!

I can confirm that there is indeed an issue here.

The TL;DR version is this:

Until we can get the fix up, don't flirt with Kira during The Defector quest! :mon_trap: (she will stop giving affection conversations)

The underlying issue has already been fixed internally, and should be showing up on our known issues list in a moment. It will take us a few days to roll out the fix so new players won't encounter the issue. It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue, but don't panic -- you should be able to hit the ground running with Kira as if nothing had ever been wrong (affection accumulated between now and then should not be harmed). Free to continue using Kira if you don't mind cashing in on your investment at a later date, or perhaps you might get to better know your cheeky T-7 droid!

Lastly, props to Cadan for his assistance in helping us track down this bug and give it the Yoda Stick! :wea_10:

Quoting this, there are many people why only read the first couple/last few pages of these posts. I personally vote we work to keep this quote within the last few pages to make sure people can always readily find the answer..

Quoting this, there are many people why only read the first couple/last few pages of these posts. I personally vote we work to keep this quote within the last few pages to make sure people can always readily find the answer..

Exactly. Thank you for quoting this. Was about to delete my lvl 25 Knight and roll something else.

Glad to see this is fixed!