Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will take us a few days to roll out the fix so new players won't encounter the issue. It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue...

I don't want to seem like I don't appreciate the confirmation and response, but what the hell is "a bit longer" than "a few days," and why is fixing a massive story bug (on the Jedi-freakin'-Knight, no less) not being made a priority and getting expedited?

I'm glad y'all finally figured out what the bug is, and I'm doubly glad that a fix is incoming, but I'll join dozens of others in saying this is a bug that should have been squashed before early access, even more so before release.

When the Doctors enthuse over bringing the element of story into the MMO space, you really don't want people's reaction to be "yeah, that could have been cool if the story hadn't been broken."

I've got the same issue, but I also picked the DS flirt option when it was first presented. No idea what happened to make it not work, but I HAVE been feeding her gifts like a fiend (I currently have her affection at 8412/10K).

Please say there's a way to fix this, as I just hit 37 last night.

I don't want to seem like I don't appreciate the confirmation and response, but what the hell is "a bit longer" than "a few days," and why is fixing a massive story bug (on the Jedi-freakin'-Knight, no less) not being made a priority and getting expedited?

I'm glad y'all finally figured out what the bug is, and I'm doubly glad that a fix is incoming, but I'll join dozens of others in saying this is a bug that should have been squashed before early access, even more so before release.

When the Doctors enthuse over bringing the element of story into the MMO space, you really don't want people's reaction to be "yeah, that could have been cool if the story hadn't been broken."

My guess is probably a week or two. I can see why - after all, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

And thanks to the Mod for clarifying that they're addressing it! Though perhaps there could be a sticky made so that people don't keep making posts over it?

Oh man, so my story line with Kira is screwed now.

I guess if I want to experience the full SWTOR experience with romance options, I have to stop building affection with Kira until the Devs fix it?

Its unfortunate how such a little bug sucks the fun out of the solo game.

I think I have the same bug..

When I'm on Nar Shaddaa Kira wants to talk to me on the ship, but when I'm on the ship there's no option to talk to her -.-"

Hope Bioware will fix this problem fast...

That happened to me, too; as far as I know that's NOT the bug because the broken Flirt option isn't until AFTER Nar Shaddaa. I think you need to use the intercom in your quarters on your ship to talk to her.

I just used the damn flrit option... I'm on tatooine now.

Do i need to start new JK so i can have romance with her -.-...

EDIT: So according what i read i can just continue playing normally and i still gonna have the option to have romance with her at some point of my journey (i'm lvl 23)?

Edited by Drekz

EDIT: So according what i read i can just continue playing normally and i still gonna have the option to have romance with her at some point of my journey (i'm lvl 23)?

Pretty much. It sucks, but there thankfully shouldnt be a need to re roll. The fix for new people should be in place soon (i hope), the problem is that is just makes sure the bug doesnt happen to new people. They still have to go in and fix the bug for us old guys which takes a lot more effort to sift through all the JK's to figure out who has it, and then fix it.

My guess is probably a week or two. I can see why - after all, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

Its pretty much this for many of us. The saying sums up the situation wonderfully. They will soon get the ounce of prevention out to new players, relatively easy. But after that they need to get the pound of cure to the ones already affected. Not so easy.

Hello all!

I can confirm that there is indeed an issue here.

The TL;DR version is this:

Until we can get the fix up, don't flirt with Kira during The Defector quest! :mon_trap: (she will stop giving affection conversations)

The underlying issue has already been fixed internally, and should be showing up on our known issues list in a moment. It will take us a few days to roll out the fix so new players won't encounter the issue. It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue, but don't panic -- you should be able to hit the ground running with Kira as if nothing had ever been wrong (affection accumulated between now and then should not be harmed). Free to continue using Kira if you don't mind cashing in on your investment at a later date, or perhaps you might get to better know your cheeky T-7 droid!

Lastly, props to Cadan for his assistance in helping us track down this bug and give it the Yoda Stick! :wea_10:

Keep this on the couple last pages so ppl wont re roll, this can be found on page 6.

Without any spoilers, would someone be able to tell me what level/planet I could actually go to without the companion quest stuff impacting any of my story? (Just finished Act 1)

I kind of wanted to do it as I went but I'm now debating on whether to just shelve the character until its fixed.

However, if the romance stuff is mainly sidequests which I can catch up with later that's ok I'll continue. But if it starts overlapping with story, dialogs etc. then it would annoy me that I was missing out on stuff. An example of this would be in Kotor where you could redeem Bastila easier if you had romanced her.

Edited by kouvalayga