Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

I didn't do the DS Flirt, and have had a dozen or so conversations with her on the ship, did her side quest on Nar Shaddaa, etc, etc. That one thing is the the whole problem.

hmm ok

but those conversations must have all come AFTER the flirt option? Guess I'll wait it out then :\

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't do the DS Flirt, and have had a dozen or so conversations with her on the ship, did her side quest on Nar Shaddaa, etc, etc. That one thing is the the whole problem.

So the main question seems to be: Why did they make no effort whatsoever to warn us?:confused:

They knew the bug was still in the game and they knew how to avoid it. They could have warned us via the known issues list, via automated ingame mail during the Nar Shaddaa missions, via popup right before the conversation or they could have just rewritten that DS flirt option not to have any effect at all until they found a way to fix it.

Implementing any of those options shouldn't have taken a single dev more than half an hour.

I think some of the people at BW have not gotten the memo that this is not beta any more. Once the game has been released you just can't let players stumble blindly like this.

Btw,I wrote a ticket about this and 4 days later I recieved an answer asking where I was when the problem occurred.... nice!

I'm currently level 24, on Taris still (haven't got to Nar Shadaa yet)... My affection with Kira is just over 4,000 right now.

She has yet to speak to me on the ship or in a cantina a single time... yet T7 has spoken to me at least 3 times and his affection is only 2,500 or so.

My character is female, if that is relevant... is this normal from Kira or am I bugged? I've seen the icon over her portrait that says "kira wants to speak to you" a few times, but whenever I go to the ship or cantina, there's no option to actually talk to her.

Am I bugged or is this normal?

Edited by Hathur

I'm currently level 24. Have killed her brother etc. The entire time I have been playing I have been getting messages about Kira wanting to speak to me in private, wanting to speak to me on the ship etc. but have not been able to have a single conversation (Aside from the intercom ones) with her since getting her as a companion.

I'm not sure if the two bugs are related or not, seeing as picking the dark side option would have no effect before you even get to do the quest. I've tried to speak to her multiple times in a Cantina or the ship and all of my efforts have been in vein.

Hello all!

I can confirm that there is indeed an issue here.

The TL;DR version is this:

Until we can get the fix up, don't flirt with Kira during The Defector quest! :mon_trap: (she will stop giving affection conversations)

The underlying issue has already been fixed internally, and should be showing up on our known issues list in a moment. It will take us a few days to roll out the fix so new players won't encounter the issue. It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue, but don't panic -- you should be able to hit the ground running with Kira as if nothing had ever been wrong (affection accumulated between now and then should not be harmed). Free to continue using Kira if you don't mind cashing in on your investment at a later date, or perhaps you might get to better know your cheeky T-7 droid!

Lastly, props to Cadan for his assistance in helping us track down this bug and give it the Yoda Stick! :wea_10:

This just needs to be fixed now.... please:(

So what happens once Bioware fixes it? That is, what happens to people like me who chose the darkside points without knowing about the bug after the fact :(

All her conversation pops up all at once so you don't have to accumulate affection points (assuming that your affection is high enough).

Hello all!

I can confirm that there is indeed an issue here.

The TL;DR version is this:

Until we can get the fix up, don't flirt with Kira during The Defector quest! :mon_trap: (she will stop giving affection conversations)

The underlying issue has already been fixed internally, and should be showing up on our known issues list in a moment. It will take us a few days to roll out the fix so new players won't encounter the issue. It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue, but don't panic -- you should be able to hit the ground running with Kira as if nothing had ever been wrong (affection accumulated between now and then should not be harmed). Free to continue using Kira if you don't mind cashing in on your investment at a later date, or perhaps you might get to better know your cheeky T-7 droid!

Lastly, props to Cadan for his assistance in helping us track down this bug and give it the Yoda Stick! :wea_10:

I have had no conversions pop up whatsoever and I'm in the 20s. There's something going on even before that flirt option.

Just a confirmation for everyone, I followed the Devs Post and the Questline choices for the romance between my JK and Kira Carsen. The instructions were clear and accurate.

Not sure about any other approaches. Thanks everyone and Bioware for helping me out :)

[-MAJOR SPOILER ALERT-]

Here's another update. Quote is what I said before in case you didn't see it previously.

[POSSIBLE MINOR SPOILERS]

Hey all,

Looks like a lot of people are freaking out over the Kira thing, so I wanted to post an update on my progress so far.

I'm level 32 atm.

- I did not choose the dark side flirt after the "brother" scene. I did however pick all the light side flirts on those conversations. At this point my affection was somewhere around 2.2k I think.

- No more conversations until after I finished Act I and opened up my legacy (I was 32 when this happened.) At this point, my affection was about 5.5-5.7k. I got a second kiss after choosing several neutral flirts. No dark side choices presented for me, perhaps since this is the light side version of the romance?

- Kira then offered me a quest that involved going to a planet and doing a certain thing i.e. a real quest not just talking. I did this.

- When I got back to the ship, she had another set of questions for me. This set was really good and I don't want to spoil anything but I'll say that it involved more than just a kiss.

That's it so far for me. The last set of questions definitely hinted at more to come, and I expect it to be awesome. So don't stress and let it come naturally.

Ok, I finished chapter 2. At this point I have around 9k affection with Kira and after I finished the chapter I had something like 5-6 conversations with Kira. I flirted where merited and got two more kisses.

THEN (Spoilers! Spoilers! Spoilers!)

I had a conversation with her immediately after where she brought up what the future held. I had the option of proposing to her which I did and she accepted. Since the council wouldn't allow it the marriage is on the down low (at least for now). Haha - I chose the option to flirt at this point and my guardian sent out the other crew members on a long mission for the honeymoon since there couldn't be a ceremony. They walked off screen for some sort of activity - I can't imagine what >_>.

That's it for this update. Note that all of this opened up after completing chapter 2 so the romance events are definitely gated along with needing specific affection levels. Also note that I haven't had one dark side option through all of this (after the first bugged dark side flirt which I didn't pick).

Edited by Bryntor

I am lvl 50. Stopped playing the Jedi Knight after Voss in order to, hopefully, get some more companion interaction before what feels like 'the end' of the Class missions.

Devs: The RP of RPG is important to some of us. Any words/update on when we can expect/look-forward-to a Kira fix? I realize that you've resolved the issue for new players, but what about us existing players? Kira is such an important part of the Jedi Knight Class Mission (not just The Defector either) and having absolutely zero interaction with her is a bit of an RP-killer of the RPG aspect of the Jedi Knight experience.

There is nothing on Public Test in the way of a fix for us existing players as of right now, hence why I ask. Should I abandon my Jedi Knight for the next month or two and play something else? Or perhaps theres something on deck to look forward too? (while this may not be as critical for all players as the Taris problems were, though certainly a hit to the main story of the Jedi Knight, it doesn't seem like the fix is critically complicated either).

What say you?! Abandon the Jedi Knight, the fix will be a long way off; Or, Stand fast, we'll have you patched in no time?

Edited by Vengillian

***As an additional comment, it should be noted that this bug has existed (and been well known/talked about) since early beta. I just wanted to head off any potential "have patience" comments, since we have been waiting for quite some time. (even though its only been 2 weeks for this character =D )

Alright, I have a question for anyone in here that knows the answer.

I ran into the bug myself and am currently level 34 just about to finish my class quest on Tatooine. My question is this:

Since I hit the bug and have had any companion conversations blocked since Tython, will I have missed any companion interaction (such as special talk or conversations) during my run of my class quest (or any quest) on Tatooine?

In other words, has me running into this bug caused me to miss anything at all (besides the obvious kissing and all that from the actual companion quests) from my run of Tatooine?

I ask this, because, if I haven't missed anything, I see no harm in simply waiting for the bug fix. It would mean that the only difference story wise (or RP wise) is that instead of her falling for my Jedi Knight after Tython, it was after Tatooine.

I did not pick the DS flirt and Kira is still bugged. As evidenced by this thread, this can happen to any and all companions

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=82470

So we may be talking about 2 bugs here. The people in the linked thread generally experiencing bugged companions and an appearing/disappearing chat indicator with an inability to initiate chat on ship or in a cantina. This problem was also in the beta, really poor of Bioware not to address these issues before release.

I realize that you've resolved the issue for new players, but what about us existing players?

By the way, this doesn't appear to be true. I completed The Defector about two days ago and took the dark side flirt, because consensus seemed to be that the issue was fixed for "new players." Kira now completely ignores me, even though I am on Alderaan, and level 34.

Kira is such an important part of the Jedi Knight Class Mission (not just The Defector either) and having absolutely zero interaction with her is a bit of an RP-killer of the RPG aspect of the Jedi Knight experience.

I completely agree with this, and I feel like I am missing out a huge part of my storyline. This needs to be fixed immediately. The fact that they apparently have a fix on PTR and haven't rolled it out immediately for such a game breaking bug for what is likely 1/8 of the game population is really poor form, in my opinion.

I did not pick the DS flirt and Kira is still bugged. As evidenced by this thread, this can happen to any and all companions

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=82470

So we may be talking about 2 bugs here. The people in the linked thread generally experiencing bugged companions and an appearing/disappearing chat indicator with an inability to initiate chat on ship or in a cantina. This problem was also in the beta, really poor of Bioware not to address these issues before release.

I had some of that too, but ignored it. She'll talk to you when she's ready. ;)

The DS flirt is still the main bug for Kira. I took it a couple times in beta when we didn't know it was the problem, but made sure I didn't in live.

Edited by RGMetal

Awesome, so I was just playing my dark side jedi knight and only found out about this bug AFTER picking the dark side flirt. I don't know if this bug has affected me but I will update once I've got a rough idea, and hopefully lay too waste whether it's been fixed for new people or not.

Wish me luck.

UPDATE:- Well, despite having picked every dark side option including flirting ones after seeing the jedi council I suddenly got a series of chatting quests with kira in the cockpit, so maybe It is fixed. It progressed up to a kiss and I'm not sure if it's going to bug out after this yet.

Edited by Never_Never

Hi :)

I just wanted to check on my interactions with Kira so far and see if things sound okay. I did not choose the dark side flirt, and ended up with several conversations that culminated in the kiss. I currently just got to Alderan and have not finished chapter 1 yet and have not had any more significant interaction with her since then (current affection about 5.2k or so). Does everything still sound like its on track and am I to understand that I should see a bit more once Chapter 1 finishes? Thanks for your comments.

Awesome, so I was just playing my dark side jedi knight and only found out about this bug AFTER picking the dark side flirt. I don't know if this bug has affected me but I will update once I've got a rough idea, and hopefully lay too waste whether it's been fixed for new people or not.

Wish me luck.

UPDATE:- Well, despite having picked every dark side option including flirting ones after seeing the jedi council I suddenly got a series of chatting quests with kira in the cockpit, so maybe It is fixed. It progressed up to a kiss and I'm not sure if it's going to bug out after this yet.

Assuming you did the flirt recently, this could possibly be confirmation that the cause of the bug, the flirt, has been fixed so that it no longer causes the bug and this upcoming patch will in fact fix the problem for people who have already done the flirt. Solving the problem all together.