Tough question: Where can i find light armor trousers?

Macetheace

no, not the skirt, i wnt to where a pair of pants, sinc e this toon is male.

where can i find a pair that has slots or armour plating/Modification and enhancement??

I've looked everywhere, and i'm level 30 now and all that seems to drop with slots are skirts.. i've noticed the lack thereof has put some off the consualr, i know there must be some for below level 30 but i just can't seem to find em.

can anyone help?

no, not the skirt, i wnt to where a pair of pants, sinc e this toon is male.

where can i find a pair that has slots or armour plating/Modification and enhancement??

I've looked everywhere, and i'm level 30 now and all that seems to drop with slots are skirts.. i've noticed the lack thereof has put some off the consualr, i know there must be some for below level 30 but i just can't seem to find em.

can anyone help?

Social Vendors and Commendation Vendor on Alderaan. I''ve seen people craft them as well, though that's very rare.

Social Vendors and Commendation Vendor on Alderaan. I''ve seen people craft them as well, though that's very rare.

Just because I spent twenty levels desperately looking for pants, I want to reiterate this for other Seekers of Trousers: Alderaan was the first place that I found light armor pants for sale that didn't require a social rank.

thanks.. so Syntheweavers can also craft this?

as i'm 30, i should be able to access Alderran, only thing is i only just started tattooine... is it commendation trousers? or you can pay hard credits for them?

p.s. the funny thing is that skirts are actually heavier than trousers.. and yet they give the light armor users the skirts.. i quite like how you can get meidum and havey armor skirts pretty easy and early on... it's just weird that its so hard to get light armour trousers. I hope they fix that..

Edited by Macetheace

1)Lower Robes, not skirts. At least that's what they say.

2) AFIK the only light armor wearer is the Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor and one kind of expects Jedi Robes but I don't remember any of the characters in the movie wearing them.

If we can get pants on Alderan, then I'm saying good bye to Tatooine even if its just long enough to buy some pants:)

Still loving my Alderaan pants too, kinda lame how about all consulars that want pants end up with those though.

I keep my eye on the synth schematics but haven't seen any pants yet.

Edited by Fei-Ke

1)Lower Robes, not skirts. At least that's what they say.

2) AFIK the only light armor wearer is the Jedi Consular/Sith Inquisitor and one kind of expects Jedi Robes but I don't remember any of the characters in the movie wearing them.

If we can get pants on Alderan, then I'm saying good bye to Tatooine even if its just long enough to buy some pants:)

i don't think i expect a male consular in skirts/lower robes, never seen the male jedi's wear them, Obi-wan never wore a skirt neither did the wisest male Jedi.. that is a lot more a Sorceror look than it is a Jedi look tbh. [nor is it like wow were you sort of expect Druids and mages/locks to be in robes most of the time - which fits their feel i kinda like my guy toons dressed like guys and my girl toons looking really extravagant..but that's just me.

and i don't see why JEdi shouldn't have more trousers optoins for the consular, even if it's more than the inquistor. if you notice that the Marauder/Sith warrior have a lot more lower robe options for the warrior class than is available for the Jedi knight, so obviously there are differences between teh two factions, they don't just mirror each other.

imo, in fitting with the Jedi, I would hope they make some more trousers/

Social vendors are the way to go usually.

However, Synthweavers can also make light armour trousers. Don't ask me for the name of them, I cannot remember it, but I spent about 4 hours trying to Crit and RE those damned things a couple of weeks ago.

Now, when people come asking for a pair of trousers, the Synthie automatically plunges two needles into the eyes of the potential purchaser and then sews their mouth shut.

same concern with me, i have started grinding eselleles mission, to farm social points to get the pants. from my research that is the fastest place to get social points, and easy if you are 30 by now team up with a newby and help them get some good loot.

yeah.. as i mentioned earlier on Obi-Wan Kenobi clearly a consular-type too, didn't wear a skirt.

i think that warrants some more light armor pants options.

Obi-Wan is much more Jedi Knight (Guardian) than Consular. This is a debate that will certainly derail the thread, but he was a master with a lightsaber, focusing on Soresu form, very much a Guardian.

nah, you really think so? If I had to choose I'd say he is defintiely a consular... bear in mind, that consulars like we see them in the game aren't really portrayed that well in the universe.

they sorta coined the class.

The shadow is very good with a lightsaber, and in the series/films all JEdis are masters with the lightsaber, but for balancing puproses, our in-gmae consulars don't have many lightsaber abilities, just like our Knights don't have many force orientated abilities.

so in the series those two classes are just a lot more closer, so we must look to other features to give a guess as who would be the Consular type in the Episode 1-6 period of time. Conusalar types marked by their green lightsabers, high level of wisdom and more schoralrly mind. I'd say Luke was more a Consular than a knight. ANakin and MAce Windu, definitley knights. Yoda i would say both, but definitely leaning more towards the Consular.

Princess Leia in the extended universe when she comes into her abilities, is defientely the Consular type. But then it won't be unfair to say all Ep 1-6 JEdi are both knights and Consulars. - some just lean more one way than an other. I'd put Obi-Wan and Yoda more in the Consualr category, Anakin, Mace WIndu and Qui-gon in the Knight CAtegory. Osaka is definitely a Sentinal -- even though she's still a Padawan. Darth Maul - I would put more Juggernaut despite the double bladed saber... Ventris - Assassin.

Edited by Macetheace

As i said, this will certainly derail your thread... :)

You and i agree on many points, though there are a few i would disagree with.

Obi-Wan is really the model for a Jedi Knight Guardian. He was pretty much a master of Soresu form, used a single blue saber, and was called in for missions to keep the peace; all of this, to me, points toward Knight. Qui-Gon is IMO a Consular, he focuses a great deal on the philosophical aspects of the Living Force and his saber skills failed against Maul, and I would say Yoda is a Consular as well but far more powerful than Qui-Gon. Shadows are much more into covert Jedi operations in lore, and that just doesn't say Obi-Wan to me.

Darth Maul is an Assassin, plain and simple. He's in light armor with a double-sided saber. He's just spec'd for tanking :) The Juggernaut is all about heavy armor and a single saber, it's Darth Vader all the way. Ventris is a Marauder, with medium armor and two sabers, focusing on fast attacks. Though i agree that Osaka is a good model for the Sentinel.

well that showed me, i think you're right on everyone but Obi-wan

i still think Obi would be a perfect Consular but now I think on what you wrote, he also fits the Knight mould - maybe that's his Forte, a bit of both, whiles Yoda is very very wise, and MAce is very very good with the light saber. Obi Wan is is quite wise, but also good with teh light saber - probably the most well rounded Jedi, and teh most inner balanced after Yoda. and in episode 4 isn't he using a green light saber?

btw.. i got some trousers today.. a pair dropped in Cademeinum.. and fortuantley I beat the other Consular, a shadow to it, didn't help that i had been going on about pants in chat for a while :p

however we did do the flashpoint again and it dropped again, so he also got a pair, and we're both happy. Now if only I could find a white pair of pants.. i was going to interrupt my tatooine adventure and do enough misisons to get 13 commendations to buy the pants.. quite happy i did not now.

Edited by Macetheace

well that showed me, i think you're right on everyone but Obi-wan

i still think Obi would be a perfect Consular but now I think on what you wrote, he also fits the Knight mould - maybe that's his Forte, a bit of both, whiles Yoda is very very wise, and MAce is very very good with the light saber. Obi Wan is is quite wise, but also good with teh light saber - probably the most well rounded Jedi, and teh most inner balanced after Yoda. and in episode 4 isn't he using a green light saber?

No, he always used a blue saber in the films, including ANH. I would still say he's a Knight, but that learning as a Padawan under Qui-Gon (a Consular) helped expand his view and understanding of the Force. He's very well-rounded as a Jedi and perhaps his biggest failing is that he did not manage to pass that on to Anakin while teaching him.

Oh, and gratz on your pants. :)

Edited by Darthshnooky

I am also on a quest to not wear a skirt.

Republic side I play a Sentinel who wears Aspiring Knight Leggings. The companion Kira, a light armour wearer, has the Muse Vestments trousers from the commendation vendor on Alderaan (or perhaps the Muse chest slot is from commendations and the leg slot is from the IGTN).

As an aside, the Republic Muse Vestments are in my opinion the classiest looking gear in the game.

Imperial side I play a Sorceror who wears the Formal Suit social gear from Dromund Kaas (costs credits to buy but needs social I).

As an aside, the Imperial Muse Vestments are pretty "meh".

Why does the same item have different looks on different sides?

If I sell the Muse Gear at the HCTN will it change appearance depending on who is wearing it?

Why the heck aren't there more light armour leg slot items that aren't skirts?

oh I very much like that they are different. I hate all the same same stuff. i like that republic stuff often looks very very different from EMpire stuff.

Different feel. I'm still looking for a pair of white pants btw.

what does HCTN mean anyway? and i'm just relieved that republic has nice stuff, I remmeber when I use to play wow, their alliance stuff when it was different, was normally worse than the horde stuff. In ToR the styles are totally different, but their are i'm sure you'd find some really nice empire stuff too later.