Illum has gone from no pvp to no pvp and no daily.

Hellinchaos

I don't mind the new objectives, but at least allow the mission to be completed in a group. Now if I got to Ilum I have to fight over a couple boxes with other Imperials and it takes us all 3x as long.

Just be able to complete the mission with groups...

^ This. Give the entire group credit for picking up boxes.

I simply don't get the daily or weekly from Ilum anymore and don't go there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent completed the daily since the patch came out. Not enough Republics go to Ilum on our server. Since patch I have spent hours in Ilum and have a grand total of 10 kills. Took a friend 11hrs of constantly been in Ilum to get his 30 kills.

Also, 30 kills is all fine and well on a PVP server, but on a PVE server its just plain silly.

My guild are all Ex-daoc players and we have a blast on Illum, we like to be outnumbert.

Roming around on Illum and kill of straglers and renforcements, for the main Zerg!

Try to group up when you pvp and are outnumbert, and think less about you quest and more about having fun.

They need to add the damn merc marks to the Open world combat like they prommist, then you might see more balanced open world pvp.

We are playing reps btw :p

mang

illum is actuli fun now, wel in the more populated servers - constant node swtiches and fighting to hold the middle - this is after the quickfix btw

on more populated servers you see half of your OPs group crashing every 15 mins or, best case scenario, fights at Rep base with occasional push to nearest Imp spawn point and back.

Not very entertaining IMO.

Make ilum pvp zone instanced phase area

allow maximum 24 players from each faction

this way there won't be 100 imperial zerg vs 24 republic...

this way there can be fair fight

Atlantic

Sith Assassin

^^ this and this and this

Yeah it's a total disaster. Someone should be fired to be honest. They need to put Illum on a long timer with a relatively low player cap that people can que for, just like Wintergrasp in WoW. Offer big valor rewards to make it worth it. Otherwise it's just a desolate wasteland and not worth the time for either side.

Very simple:

As a republic player for my main, I simply completely boycott that zone until the side balance problem is fixed.

I'm not playing games and doing PvP to give free kills and free loot to the empire zerg outnumbering republic by 3 to 1. I'm playing to have challenging (=balanced) fights.

They need to make the Ilum PvP area similar to Wintergrasp and Tol Barad in WoW, with balance enforced and entrance forbidden if one side has too many players.

Edited by Korrigan

Make ilum pvp zone instanced phase area

allow maximum 24 players from each faction

this way there won't be 100 imperial zerg vs 24 republic...

this way there can be fair fight

Atlantic

Sith Assassin

That would be the opposite of the problem we have now. The fix is to add balance to the opposing factions, not lock out 75% of a population.

Do as some of my Empire friends are doing... level up a Republic char till you get a spaceship (preferably a stealth class) and get that char to Illum for some easy killing ! Tadaaa.

And who can blame them btw.

Before someone shoots me, I only have Republic chars !

If u do it for the group, then it'll be too easy. If u don't it single, then it's too hard. YES! I love reading the fourms! Idk how u guys plan on them having people who are already 50 re-roll faction just for pvp gear. We'll just have to wait and see how they respond. No matter what, we'll still have people on the fourms complaning about it. Perosnally, I like Ilum. Anyway, back to gaming. :cool:

I think this is really dependent on which server you play. I myself play on Frostclaw and completing the daily doesn't take more then 30 minutes. During the evenings there's a big group of Republic and Imperial people. We usually fight at the center assault, but depending on who is winning we move either north or south. There's always a few guys trying to take the other control points for the valor buff and when we Imperials control Ilum then we push al the way south to the Republic base and have a massive fight there. It's a lot of fun and the battle moves a lot around the map.

I have stopped going to Ilum as the last time I did it took 3 hours to get 15 kills. Empire is only in the middle, and few ever venture away. If you approach, the swarm descends upon you like a piece of fresh meat, each ravenous beast desperate for your kill. No chance. So I've decided to just not go there, and not complete the daily anymore.

There's no one there on Republic side. Enjoy your circle farm, Empire, because that's all that remains for you to do.

Edited by EternalFinality

Friend hit 50 last night and I went to Ilum with him (first time for me after 1.1 as I just couldn't bring myself to go there). At the time we went there were about 220 people in the imperial fleet and 160 in Dromund Kaas - just so no one says we are probably on low-pop PVP server.

Ilum on our side had 21 people. In the PvP zone imperial players were announced about every ten seconds with a republic near their base about every minute. We cruised around, picked up a crate each in the centre, where two other players were circling (pointless waste of time... 150? Really?) and were about to leave again when an op invite was posted in the general channel. I wished them good luck finding reps and the answer was: 'There's plenty! We are camping about 5 in their base'.

That's when we left Ilum again. I don't blame anyone for not bothering, because it's a total waste of time. At least on our server. Warzones pop plenty even in the 50 bracket, but they are getting old. We want owPvP with a meaning :(

yep, make everything for the empire easier please.

seriously, why are there any republics at all? might as well make voidstar empire vs empire as well.

They should. I'm sick of Hutt Ball. And you know what is most frustrateing.

Hutt Ball with republic !

Is it so hard to make other warzones playeable for the same faction.

Illum was broken from the begining. I was hopeing that open PvP will be like it was in Warhammer.

I wished them good luck finding reps and the answer was: 'There's plenty! We are camping about 5 in their base'.

This. That's just too funny. Still avoiding Ilum, still will not go there, Bioware has failed in their mission to make fair PVP game play. Warzone's are just as bad, I am really tired of Huttball finding I am playing against my own faction.