Did you come from WoW and have you gone back?

NoTTaShoT

LoL Im ignorant because i can spot a waste of time when i see it... The people who populate that game was reason enough.

Sure....

lol maybe you should react even faster to critisism on your ignorant post ..

doesnt show already enough that your trolling :p

hehe, .. but anyway ;p

but GL with that , gonna go and level my alt Jugg some more :D

loving lightside story line you realy notice differences from story choices now compared to sorcerer darkside story :)

Edited by Genesizs

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not long at all my friend. They first appeared in the Warcraft 3 (bonus quest).

As for WoW. It should have died post-Burning Crusade or perhaps Cataclysm-an ever-sinking ship.

That was a full 9 years ago, friend. How long do you think is long in video game history?

The Pandaren were well established and rich in lore (not to mention fan interest). They didn't just make them up, and will provide solid basis for story.

basically my post lol.

I started playing my mage and about 10 minutes in I called out on vent.. "guys... GUYS.. has the combat always been this damn smooth?" "maybe ill play some pvp" "Omg guys I got a que in literally 1 second what the fudge" "well atleast ill get rolled by people with better gear" "holy **** I just hit some kid for 50k back to back" and so on. Enjoying it so much more than swtor.

Indeed !

Playing SWTOR made me appreciate WoW alot more.

The combat is just really good in that game.

To bad Swtor isnt the game i hoped it to be.

lol maybe you should react even faster to critisism on your ignorant post ..

doesnt show already enough that your trolling :p

hehe, .. but anyway ;p

but GL with that , gonna go and level my alt Jugg some more :D

loving lightside story line you realy notice differences from story choices now compared to sorcerer darkside story :)

Well, sorry to be the one to inform you not everyone thought WoW was good. Plain and simple.

Besides, you prove my point well enough about the type of people who populate WoW.

Indeed !

Playing SWTOR made me appreciate WoW alot more.

The combat is just really good in that game.

To bad Swtor isnt the game i hoped it to be.

too bad it only cost me 60 bucks to realize what I had.

*que baby come back*

That was a full 9 years ago, friend. How long do you think is long in video game history?

The Pandaren were well established and rich in lore (not to mention fan interest). They didn't just make them up, and will provide solid basis for story.

also pandas are by far in the top 5 for coolest animals in the kingdom.

I quit WoW about 10 months before SWTOR released. I really liked most things in WoW but after several years of playing it was too much routine and too much grind and not enough things to do besides raids.

So i tried SWTOR and i think im gonna level two characters and do some flashpoints and then i will pause the game. Its not because the game is bad, more that i dont like the MMO-mechanics anymore: The constant itemgrind in endgame bores me.

In my opinion it was a huge mistake not trying to make something different, TOR feels and plays exactly like WoW and thats not enough in year 2012, where are the innovations this genre needs so desperatly?

Edited by azzih

Never played WoW. Blizzard makes most awesome games, but for some reason they're never to my taste.

Anarchy Online was awesome, but really too old now; graphics-wise.

SWG died with NGE.

GuildWars turned into a collector's game, and roleplaying was absent.

AoC was to my taste, but failed to live up to expectations. Gameplay- and story-wise.

Aion... ugh, I'm not even going to go there.

So far, SWTOR has beaten every MMO I have played and enjoyed, hands-down. I've always been a huge KotOR fan, and seeing how it developed into this huge world, fully voiced-over, immersive and engaging on a personal level, it will probably keep me hooked for quite some time to come.

Have I gone back to any other game since playing TOR? -- errr... yes. Mass Effect 2.

lol

Panda's and Pokemon..... c`mon.

Actually kung-fu fighting pandas were before WoW 3... in Tekken 3.... yah blizz very creative...

oh and poke;mon is cool but using the idea... someones running out of original ideas...

Edited by Seravie

I'm the complete opposite of you. Opinions are opinions.

I log in SW, look at this ability delayed lack of content pixilated mess , then log in RIFT and wonder *** they did with 200 mill

Opinions are indeed opinions, too bad many on these forums aren't able to see/acknowledge that.

SW:TOR has more content than RIFT did at launch, it took them a while to add content (although they added it faster than say, WoW , which adds content at far too slow a pace IMO).

I never left WoW. But I am more and more disgusted every time I log in there. I just don't like the slow paced boring combat. At least I only need to play WoW for 4 hours a week now. Not subbing when panda land expansion comes out. Hopefully there is still stuff to do in TOR for the next year.

i quit wow after i killed the lich king. that was game over for me since to me that was the Darth Vader of wow. After he was done iwas done. cataclysm just made me hate the game even more (bought it to try out the worgen race) but nothing new came to the table. Swtor for me is a better game since story is a major part of gaming for me.

I left WOW after Cataclysm and never went back.

I left not long before Cata. I don't hate WoW as many on these boards seem to, I had some fun playing it for a few years (from the abysmal launch to the polished game it became) I just got tired of it, tired of the same rehashed dungeons and raids (seems they are still doing that, with yet another old dungeon being reused in MoP) and the fantasy setting which I've been playing for 15 years , with the odd exception like SWG and EvE.

In short, I had fun but it was time to move on, SW:TOR is now my MMO home and will be as long as I'm having fun. :)

Played WoW since a vanilla off and on, leaving for new games and coming back. Quit in December for TOR. I'll see how good TOR is when Mists comes around. If there is no LFG tool by that time then I'll just default back to WoW.