Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Have you seen a major drop-off in players on your server?

Jornas

The game is dead, went from 2million players down to a few hundred at best.

NOT

Why feel the need to post such useless threads?.I just wasted 5 minutes of my life. Can you please give it back to me?

First of all, I'm not a hater. I'm having fun and will probably subscribe at least for the next few months.

Secondly, the first month after the free month is a make-or-break time for most MMOs. I noticed a huge drop in Warhammer, Age of Conan, and Star Trek Online when it came time to resubscribe. From what people are reporting, that's not happening in SWTOR, which is a good thing. It does sound like server merges would be good for some of the low pop servers.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First people complained about queues. Now people are mad that their servers aren't showing close to Full all the time. Oh well.

And jesus, they are not going to merge servers a month after launch. If next month they get an influx of people, what do they do? Open servers again? And people who simply say, "merge servers" do you even think about the PR ramifications such a thing brings? i can pretty much guarantee that even if servers have literally a hundred people on them, they won't get merged. Go to WoW and see how many ghost town servers still exist. Every MMO has its share of High, Medium and Low pop servers. Deal with it.

Lord Ardraas has been growing. Population in lower braced worlds has been high as of late. Grouped with a number of new players too, not just alts.

Funny thing too is I never see people in game complaining how much it sucks. They're all happy and having a good time. I even periodically ask on general. "Does everyone like the game?" and see overwhelmingly positive responses.

Go figure.

Nope. Actually seen a good 30-50% increase. Instead of a normal 200 on fleet at primetime, there is about 300 now.

People who say the game is dying are trolls, because they don't know anything.

And you draw that conclusion from just your server?

http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/ shows a steep decline in server population across all servers in the US and EU, it's a rough estimate but it is the most credible proof to OP's point.

You,sir, are the troll

Ive seen about 1/4 drop in people, and im thankful... every single one of thos people were General Chat Troll Champions, and were Forum Warriors who only tried to bring this game down

The Maw pvp server

To me, it seems like you are the one who is trying to bring the game down, being content with its current state.

The other people who have something to say about the status of the game are actually making a difference by hurting BW where it counts, their cashflow. BW will notice that they cant make people stick to the game, so they will improve it.

But with you, they can do whatever they want because you're like a drone.

http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/ shows a steep decline in server population across all servers in the US and EU, it's a rough estimate but it is the most credible proof to OP's point.

You,sir, are the troll

and im not seeing any of that 'statistics' in server list when i look at it.

what do i believe - my eyes, or, random internet website doing statistics of something that it CAN NOT LEGALLY HAVE ACCESS TO, and therefore is doing GUESSWORK as they themselves put it ?

http://www.swtorarena.com/topic/210-swtor-statistics-tool-faq/

let me tell you what statistics is :

blizzard declaring that they lost 600,000 subscribers in 3 months, is a statistic.

You,sir, are the troll

If anyone's trolling, it's the guy quoting swtorarena as proof of a decline in population, after the guy who runs the site has come here and said it shows no such thing.

Anyway, to answer the OP's original question, I haven't seen any kind of noticeable decline on The Jekk'Jekk Tarr since after the first week, when people were on vacation. Since then it's held pretty steady, or maybe grown a bit. There's certainly been no "major drop-off."

Edited by Pink_Saber

This morning at 8am EST on my server Vulkar Highway i was able to PvP in all 3 wz matches im Sith but there was plenty of us and repubs to have normal matches all morning. Also the Imperial Fleet was chalk full like normal. Also was able to get my Ilum daily PvP done in about 15-25 minutes..

If you are new or looking for an activer server come to Vulkar Highway and roll a Repub. Lots of talent there but they need more of coarse

and im not seeing any of that 'statistics' in server list when i look at it.

what do i believe - my eyes, or, random internet website doing statistics of something that it CAN NOT LEGALLY HAVE ACCESS TO, and therefore is doing GUESSWORK as they themselves put it ?

http://www.swtorarena.com/topic/210-swtor-statistics-tool-faq/

let me tell you what statistics is :

blizzard declaring that they lost 600,000 subscribers in 3 months, is a statistic.

It is by far the most credible source of information on the population matter in this thread. They clearly state that the data in their graphs comes directly from bioware server status page, there is no guess work involved here. They may not seem trustworthy for a number of reasons, but the sample size is large enough and cannot be far off from reality. This is more credible than anything else presented here - including your eyes, good sir.

It is by far the most credible source of information on the population matter in this thread. They clearly state that the data in their graphs comes directly from bioware server status page, there is no guess work involved here. They may not seem trustworthy for a number of reasons, but the sample size is large enough and cannot be far off from reality. This is more credible than anything else presented here - including your eyes, good sir.

There is one HUGE fact your overlooking when it comes to a site that measures server status from this site.

Ready???

Back when game launched, we were all informed population loads were artificially set low to spread people out on servers, and then raised later. Meaning, what shows as Heavy TODAY, might have showed as FULL with a queue time when the cap was lower than it is now.

Any site that measures and graphs based on that is informative, but in no means is it CAPABLE of showing population numbers, just general trends. The numbers are set on BW side, we have no idea what the caps are so its pointless to use that to show a decline.

Based on what we know about those graphs and the information used to get them, even if we had a HUGE population increase they would show a decline, based on server population caps being raised.

Now that we're in to the first suscribed month, I was wondering if people are seeing a huge drop-off on their servers.

I haven't seen that big a drop-off, but then again I'm on a heavily populated server.

I admit, I have seen a drop off on my Republic server

Course my Imp server has suddenly exploded with up to triple the normal numbers in regions.

and all of that proves nothing at all as a account doesnt need to be logged in to still be subscribed

You,sir, are the troll

If im seeing this correctly it just says how many players are playing at a given time, not how many players are subscribed.

Due to work constraints most of us cant play the game as much as we would like and as much as we did when it came out during the holidays.

Geez, haters are just desperate to get something to hang onto.

There is one HUGE fact your overlooking when it comes to a site that measures server status from this site.

Ready???

Back when game launched, we were all informed population loads were artificially set low to spread people out on servers, and then raised later. Meaning, what shows as Heavy TODAY, might have showed as FULL with a queue time when the cap was lower than it is now.

Any site that measures and graphs based on that is informative, but in no means is it CAPABLE of showing population numbers, just general trends. The numbers are set on BW side, we have no idea what the caps are so its pointless to use that to show a decline.

Based on what we know about those graphs and the information used to get them, even if we had a HUGE population increase they would show a decline, based on server population caps being raised.

We can safely assume there will be no more "huge population increases", what trends we see a little after new years' is , based on the huge sample size, very close to the actual one. There simply aren't spikes of population increase large enough anymore to trigger this "dynamic server cap" system which would otherwise invalidate my point

We can safely assume there will be no more "huge population increases", what trends we see a little after new years' is , based on the huge sample size, very close to the actual one. There simply aren't spikes of population increase large enough anymore to trigger this "dynamic server cap" system which would otherwise invalidate my point

Not sure that is true. i'm seeing lots of new people asking newbie questions on my server. Unlike other MMO's Star Wars has an IP that will attract non mmo players/

If im seeing this correctly it just says how many players are playing at a given time, not how many players are subscribed.

Due to work constraints most of us cant play the game as much as we would like and as much as we did when it came out during the holidays.

Geez, haters are just desperate to get something to hang onto.

Either through loss of subscriptions or work and school server emptiness is occurring, you missed the point.

I just want to point out that right now, every single server is at least Standard, with about 40% of them Heavy, and this is at 3pm CST on a Sunday. I highly doubt the population on servers is going down. Edited by Maeleena

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.