Remove Spit from emotes.

Nyluse

I was involved in a open world pvp fight with a republic soldier , which i lost badly which is fine. But what i didnt like was his need to /spit on me , does anyone else think this is just rude and inappropriate.

If i kill someone in pvp i would either walk away or salute them , no need to spit .

If i saw this happen in RL well lets say blood would spill.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really your mad that the enemy spat on you? well technically you read some orange words that said the persons name spat on your fictional characters "dead" body. Its an emote. A string of words that is supposed to imply an action. Just be glad he didn't crouch on your corpses face and teabag you.

it's supposed to be rude. you're not friends with the republic. they loathe you and you loathe them. they are your enemy, not some tolerated stranger that you fight for short periods and then get all buddy buddy with in the cantina. frankly i'm suprised they didn't add in even more rude gestures for use against the opposing faction.

in summation, get over it, they're not your friends, you're supposed to be rude to each other.:rolleyes:

Generally I've found most of /spit /lol spamming players in PVP immature persons overall. Not everyone of course of them are and regardless the side.

I personally love good PVP and if someone gives me a good challenge, loses or wins, I salute or bow to them, trying to express that I honor the fight we had.

I also have some really boring attitudes about open world PVP, I attack only same lvl or above if not attacked first, I don't start gankfest and I usually initiate fight with same player only once. If I lose I might try again, if it was a close call.

I despite the most the ones who wait you to pull some mobs before they attack. I don't really care the sides, sith or republic, same stuff under a different banner, this is probably why I'm actually able to see the real person there and not just "omg enemy".

Generally I've found most of /spit /lol spamming players in PVP immature persons overall. Not everyone of course of them are and regardless the side.

I personally love good PVP and if someone gives me a good challenge, loses or wins, I salute or bow to them, trying to express that I honor the fight we had.

I also have some really boring attitudes about open world PVP, I attack only same lvl or above if not attacked first, I don't start gankfest and I usually initiate fight with same player only once. If I lose I might try again, if it was a close call.

I despite the most the ones who wait you to pull some mobs before they attack. I don't really care the sides, sith or republic, same stuff under a different banner, this is probably why I'm actually able to see the real person there and not just "omg enemy".

Its nice to see someone else sees things like i do .

Im not upset i just really dont see the need for that emote when its just there to annoy people.

Someone spit on you over the internet and you feel insulted?

You need to build some self-esteem.

with that logic, there shouldn't even be a verbal abuse report function

someone bothered you? why didn't you just ignore him or build some self esteem?

someone insulted you in a foul way? it's only internet build some self esteem

i think original poster does have a point. Some of you have a good point,too if you look at it in term of role play as republic vs. empire thing.

in the end, it should be weighed if the function has more positive impact on players or negative impact

do you enjoy using /spit emote? does it add depth to game play or immersion to star wars universe?

i think original poster does have a point. Some of you have a good point,too if you look at it in term of role play as republic vs. empire thing.

in the end, it should be weighed if the function has more positive impact on players or negative impact

do you enjoy using /spit emote? does it add depth to game play or immersion to star wars universe?

in pvp its roll with the punches get a thick skin or g-t-f-o

I enjoy the /wave emote. Not too insulting, but it does add onto the layer of defeat as they respawn back at the med center.

But I have been spit on plenty of times so far, even when ganked by a guild of 50s hounding mid-20s on Tatooine. No need to get bent out of shape about it. it's only a game.

Edited by FourTwent

If you take offense to something it ultimately comes down to how comfortable you are with yourselfe. If you allow an insult to get to you, you need to work on your self-esteem.

If you take offense to something it ultimately comes down to how comfortable you are with yourselfe. If you allow an insult to get to you, you need to work on your self-esteem.

I think this is false however. I'd say I have pretty poor self esteem, but I dont let these things get to me. I realize it's just a game.

A Sith /spit on me as he logged out on Voss. I went into a berserk frenzy trying to kill every Imperial I could find, dying repeatedly as they spanked me stupid before I finally ragequit and sent a "the customers have spoken" qqmail to BioWare.

Oh wait, no I didn't. I lol'ed with my brother about it and went back to playing.