Nerf the sith scorcerer!!!!!!!!!!!!

MicroMadMan

Didn't care to read the entire forum.

Fact is: 90% of this thread are Sorcs, don't care what they claim to be.

Fact is: Who wants their class to be nerfed?

Fact is: Sorcs are OP, hence them being the most popular class IG atm. (Think that's an assumption? You're either a sage or a sorc.)

That's really all there is to it.

Queue the "Everyone whines when another class kills them" replies, because last but not least:

Anyone that currently plays a Sorc, cannot say it's balanced.

The Human Effect.

Those that haven't played it, see it from the third person.

Those that have, have fun with it and don't want to stop having fun/are afraid it's the class that's good, not them (Which is likely true for 50% of them, if you're one that's worried be afraid. When Sorcs get nerfed you will need to reroll.)

Last Queue of the day:

Reserve the names, start getting gear ready for your alts.

Sorcs have it coming, the non sorcs will not complain.

If you complain, you're a sorc.

TL;DR

Nerf Sorcs where they need it (THEY NEED IT.).

If you go ANY FARTHER, take opinions on it, if not, then don't.

Your "Comment" makes no real truth at all... class is balance... rather you think it is or not

you didnt see beta like i seen it...

And if you have... you wouldn't be in this koolaid mix with that comment at all with this 90% sorc bs

100% of this is people like you... Is one of 2 things

1) Dying to over geared class aka sorc?

2) Or just can't play your class at all?

As for the rest of you all... class is not "OP" so learn to use CD's

i've have seen so many juggs/mara or even those sneaky agents runing around doing just as good...

If anything they just not gonna nerf the class... they just gonna break it for you kids who wanna whine some more... just go back to hello kitty they waiting for ya there

Edited by Rockoo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your "Comment" makes no real truth at all... class is balance... rather you think it is or not

you didnt see beta like i seen it...

And if you have... you wouldn't be in this koolaid mix with that comment at all with this 90% sorc bs

100% of this is people like you... Is one of 2 things

1) Dying to over geared class aka sorc?

2) Or just can't play your class at all?

As for the rest of you all... class is not "OP" so learn to use CD's

i've have seen so many juggs/mara or even those sneaky agents runing around doing just as good...

If anything they just not gonna nerf the class... they just gonna break it for you kids who wanna whine some more... just go back to hello kitty they waiting for ya there

I aprove of this message.

Seriously, why do people stil think a mmo is about 1v1?

WAKE UP!!! It never was, and never will be 1v1. Otherwise they wouldnt have added the warzones, nor illum.

I play a sith sorc, and trust me. It can be a hell to play sometimes. Some missions i had to redo over and over til i finaly made it with 5% hp left. While being the same lvl the mission was designed for. And thats just pve im talking about. When i get zerged in a warzone by more then 2, i dont even get the chance to say "oops!"

Go learn to play ur class, and quit whining...

there is no reason that one class should be far superior to the others with 5 different abilities that stun and to damage over time this is completely ridiculous and needs to be fixed or the game will be losing players because of how annoying it is

Serious people, this a Jawa troll. He posts this stupid thread just to get people going. Notice he hasn't even posted in here since posting this thread? My GOD, stop feeding the trolls.

CCs need to be adjusted in PVP as an overall mechanic, resolve doesnt cut it and can be bypassed if you know how to apply your CCs properly. Getting rid of resolve and readjusting CCs in PVP to a more reasonable recourse system would circumvent a need to really tamper with individual classes much.

If the resolve/CC system is left alone, then I do feel like inqusitors/consulars do need to be toned down... they have what I feel to be too much utility for not enough trade off, and it gets exponentially worse the more of them that are in a group. Do they have excessive damage? no, do they have excessive defense? no. but they have enough that when coupled with the access to heals and utility that they are easily the best class in the game? Of course. If you understand how this game works to any reasonable degree, then its impossible to not see that they are the class most gain with least sacrifice, and the obvious alpha class currently.

In PVP, the profession I see the most is Inquistors... by a large margin. I refuse to believe its because the Inquistor storyline is amazingly interesting, or that its a freak coincidence. Its because its the best, head and shoulders above others for any role you might want to play.

I love it when people get killed by another class and all of a sudden its " Nerf that class because i suck at mine " . The ones that believe is OP should go try and play one.

If you think a sorc is OP,learn how to play your class.

If the IA OP was overpowered, then the sorcerer is overpowered.

Let me ask you this, how many war zones do you see where a sorc/sage does NOT finish first in damage first in kills?

If the IA OP was overpowered, then the sorcerer is overpowered.

Let me ask you this, how many war zones do you see where a sorc/sage does NOT finish first in damage first in kills?

So a DPS class shouldnt finish first on dmg list? Am i the only 1 thinking thats unnatural?

When you get through that absorb shield and oh magically it's up again because Bioware screwed up with how the timer works, sorry, but you are a pain in the *** to deal with. Much more than it should be.

Stuns, I really don't care, but a spellcaster tanking that much better than any tank is stupid. You don't need 2 bubbles when you already have a sprint and 2 stuns to get out of dangerous situations.

Most good assasin, maurader, and some juggernauts can kill me. I have a very hard time keeping them off me and I can hardly heal through the dmg that they can put out when geared. And I have 10% expertise. But im a healer maybe dps specced sages have an easier time. Sometimes they can take my bubble off in one hit.

Edited by lordgracy

If they nerf sorcerers they will lose 3/4 of the game population.

^This, I would be one of those people to quit if my class just became crap because of operatives raging about how they can't kill people in 3seconds anymore.

Sorcerer is the only class I actually enjoy playing and if it becomes ridiculously weak because of operatives crying for a nerf then I'll quit and wait for GW2, Also our shield is NOT OP you can take it down in 2seconds. also we have 2stuns on a 1minute CD not 5.

CCs need to be adjusted in PVP as an overall mechanic, resolve doesnt cut it and can be bypassed if you know how to apply your CCs properly. Getting rid of resolve and readjusting CCs in PVP to a more reasonable recourse system would circumvent a need to really tamper with individual classes much.

If the resolve/CC system is left alone, then I do feel like inqusitors/consulars do need to be toned down... they have what I feel to be too much utility for not enough trade off, and it gets exponentially worse the more of them that are in a group. Do they have excessive damage? no, do they have excessive defense? no. but they have enough that when coupled with the access to heals and utility that they are easily the best class in the game? Of course. If you understand how this game works to any reasonable degree, then its impossible to not see that they are the class most gain with least sacrifice, and the obvious alpha class currently.

In PVP, the profession I see the most is Inquistors... by a large margin. I refuse to believe its because the Inquistor storyline is amazingly interesting, or that its a freak coincidence. Its because its the best, head and shoulders above others for any role you might want to play.

Wanna know why a lot of people play sorcs? Because it's the only class in the game that doesn't feel like the skills were picked out by someone throwing at a dartboard. I play every class in the game, on both sides at various levels, and sorc/sage by far makes the most sense from a skill combination standpoint.

There are some really ridiculous and clunky mashups of skills/abilities in this game.

The Sith Sorc storyline *is* amazing, as is the voice acting if you go female. This for me is another ongoing problem, I find most of my other characters (especially republic side) boring in comparison.

/shrug. Maybe it's because I've played sorc/sage enough to know what they are going to do, but I find them very easy to shut down when I'm playing my other characters. They are so squishy, all you have to do is use your interrupts at the right time and they go down in 3-4 global cooldowns.

Oh look, this thread is still up after opening chrome today..

That warrants a comment!

Here's some more facts for you all.

Are Sorcs godly? No.

Is overpowered when a class is godly? No.

What is overpowered? It's when something has a clear and obvious advantage in multiple categories over other things. This advantage is not properly made up by other things in various other categories. This means such will continue unless A) The higher is brought DOWN TO the lower. B) The lower is BROUGHT UP TO the higher.

Why not bring the lower up to the higher? That is a great thing to do, when there are more highers than lowers, meaning it's more logical to bring something UP instead of bring something DOWN.

When the opposite is true, the logic is reversed.

TL;DR:

OP does not equal GODLY.

Just because you aren't invincible, doesn't mean you aren't overpowered.

Just because you can be killed, does not mean you are on the same field in what it takes to kill you.

What it means: You have ammo to oppose a Nerf.

What it means LOGICALLY: The amount of players crying that Sorcs don't need a nerf, outweight the amount crying that it needs a Nerf.

Why?: 3/4ths of the game are Sorcs and Sages.

The biggest question of all: Who wants their class to be nerfed? <-- Rhetorical, regardless of if you provide a logical reason for why you DO WANT it to be nerfed..

It doesn't matter because no one actually wants their class to be nerfed.

It only means you're good at providing reasons to prove someone wrong.

Your favorite food is Bread.

Someone asks you what the best food in the world is.

Your reply is bread.

Someone tells you that cheese is the best food in the world.

You disagree, you can't possibly fathom how cheese can be the best food in the world because you do not like cheese.

This is the human effect.

Why is it unethical in many jobs to be put in a position where you will have a bias towards something?

Thank you and goodnight.

When you get through that absorb shield and oh magically it's up again because Bioware screwed up with how the timer works, sorry, but you are a pain in the *** to deal with. Much more than it should be.

Stuns, I really don't care, but a spellcaster tanking that much better than any tank is stupid. You don't need 2 bubbles when you already have a sprint and 2 stuns to get out of dangerous situations.

Oh c'mon! Everyone knows that bubble pops in less than 4 sec (especially when BH is spamming tracer missiles). And besides, it definitely has a cooldown so it's not like we can magik it back up instantaneously. It's purpose is to compensate (and I use the term loosely because it's not as effective as you think) for our distinct lack of armor, health, and defense. If I'm lucky it'll stay up long enough so I can cast crushing darkness with minimal pushback.

So a DPS class shouldnt finish first on dmg list? Am i the only 1 thinking thats unnatural?

No, I am right there with you buddy - especially as madness spec, it's about all I'm good for. My heal stinks, because cast time for infusion takes forever (even without the pushback).

Edited by JAVAjedi

If you breathe on a Sorc he is dead...unless you try to fight a Battlemaster Sorc while you are in lvl 40 gear.

Other classes have far, far more burst...

If you breathe on a Operative, he is dead... unless you try to fight a Battlemaster Operative while you are in lvl 40 gear.

So, Yes. Please nerf sorces.

As a Merc I usually whipe the floor with a Sorc, especially if they are also DPS specc'd.

Now Assassins...those guys are just cruel. It seems like Im always getting stunned, smacked around, and by the time I finally get a chance to turn the tables on them they have dissappeared into thin air. And then the cycle completes. It doesnt help that I always feel like there are 3 of them on the map just hunting me down! Haha

Out of all the classes I have the easiest time defeating Sorcs and Marauders, and the hardest time beating assassins and ops(who are just as annoying as assassins, but run away faster once you break their stuns)

I love it when people get killed by another class and all of a sudden its " Nerf that class because i suck at mine " . The ones that believe is OP should go try and play one.

If you think a sorc is OP,learn how to play your class.

I get 2 medals, 3 if Im lucky on average. My sorc gets 5. Easy. Lightning is OP. I'm bad at this game. If I can do well, it's obviously too easy and therefore OP. I don't even want to embarrass myself moar by posting a video of my sniper >.<

Didn't care to read the entire forum.

Always interesting to read

Fact is: 90% of this thread are Sorcs, don't care what they claim to be.

Fact: 78.672948% of all statistics are made up on the spot.....(give or take....maybe....something like that)

Also, my main is an Assassin :)

Fact is: Who wants their class to be nerfed?

True enough

Fact is: Sorcs are OP, hence them being the most popular class IG atm. (Think that's an assumption? You're either a sage or a sorc.)

That's really all there is to it.

Queue the "Everyone whines when another class kills them" replies, because last but not least:

Anyone that currently plays a Sorc, cannot say it's balanced.

The Human Effect.

Those that haven't played it, see it from the third person.

Those that have, have fun with it and don't want to stop having fun/are afraid it's the class that's good, not them (Which is likely true for 50% of them, if you're one that's worried be afraid. When Sorcs get nerfed you will need to reroll.)

Oh really? Then why is it that the Operatives/Scoundrels are the ones getting the mega-nerf bat this coming patch? :p

Last Queue of the day:

Reserve the names, start getting gear ready for your alts.

Sorcs have it coming, the non sorcs will not complain.

If you complain, you're a sorc.

So.......by disagreeing with you I'm automatically wrong because I supposedly play the given advanced class......even though I don't?

Interesting....

TL;DR

Nerf Sorcs where they need it (THEY NEED IT.).

If you go ANY FARTHER, take opinions on it, if not, then don't.

I vote that they nerf the forums.....who's with me? :cool:

Edited by Sivar

Aint sage the same as sorc? I'm Empire. Nerf sage :p

tbh i think sage/sorc are fine. I just hate every class that has guns, thats all, plx nerf...

There is no point to ask for nerfs etc. Some classes will be beaten easily by some classes and they will beat some other as easy too. Just get used to it I think