How did we lose?

Emperorx

Can someone please tell me how we lost. Both teams did not plant once and both teams were stuck on the first set of doors. Why didn't the game end as a tie? Is Bioware really favoring the Empire over the Republic?

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5553/screenshot2012012119504.jpg

never seen a "tie" banner so it could be picked at random, even the objective scores are the same overall, who knows best to let it go

Can someone please tell me how we lost. Both teams did not plant once and both teams were stuck on the first set of doors. Why didn't the game end as a tie? Is Bioware really favoring the Empire over the Republic?

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5553/screenshot2012012119504.jpg

This seems to be a bug, it happens when Republic is both defending and attacking first...

and it sometimes happens with the Empire (rarely from my experience), bug that needs fixing soon...

or if it is WAI then they need to explain how it works.

From my understanding..

Huttball = Whoever is holding the ball when it ends

Voidstar = Whichever team starts on Defense first wins.

I have been in situations where defending first, and still don't win. There is either a bug or something Nioware has failed to explain.

I was in the match, the guardian (top medal earner, ya ya i know i suck, etc) was so bored at the empire tactic of stack healers in case you were wondering why I said what I said.

Still suprised that Bioware didn't think to include a heal debuff skill, but ya know.

From my understanding..

Huttball = Whoever is holding the ball when it ends

Voidstar = Whichever team starts on Defense first wins.

So your saying that Bioware determines the winner based on luck on whoever is defending on a tie match...

I just lost a voidstar with a 3-3 tie. Republic was defending first.

Highest player scores also didn't affect the outcome in a tie scenario as I was once told because Republic had 6 people at the top of the charts.

Oh and I have the screenshot to prove it.

Sounds pretty random.

Edited by Robocaspar

Whoever ATTACKS first get the tiebreaker.

e.g Republic attack first, fail to open first door,

Imps attack second, fail to open first door

= Republic wins cause Imps could not beat the time it took Republic to plant the bomb (even though no one planted the bomb).

Huttball = If a game is tied, team holding ball at the end wins.

It is whoever defended first because:

If you are attacking first and you theoretically make it to the core in 1 min, that is what the clock is set at for the 2nd wave.

Then the second wave has exactly 1 min to either match your time or beat your time.

So.. if you are attacking the second time (2nd wave) and make it to the same objective as the opposing team within the time frame, you are given the win because you were limited on the FULL amount of time in which the 1st attacking wave team was actually allowed.

As far as not making it past the first door on either team, Im not really sure. Maybe the same rule applies as above. I personally have never seen this happen lol... (We always make it past the first door) :)

Edited by Smokey_swtor

I just won a game that's tied 2-2 and we attacked first.

There's some tiebreakers but it's not clear how they work. I'd like to say it's whoever get the first objective first but I'm pretty sure we got through the first door later than the enemy did.

From what my guild has been able to gather in the case of a tie it is the sum of all medals on your side that acts as a tiebreaker. Several times when we have had Voidstar end due to imbalance at the very start we have managed to win by getting 2-3 medals each very fast while the enemy gets almost none. We have consistently won that way regardless of our position as defender/attacker.

I also suspect this to be the case with a tied huttball with no one holding ball at the end.

Edited by Forkrul

From what my guild has been able to gather in the case of a tie it is the sum of all medals on your side that acts as a tiebreaker. Several times when we have had Voidstar end due to imbalance at the very start we have managed to win by getting 2-3 medals each very fast while the enemy gets almost none. We have consistently won that way regardless of our position as defender/attacker.

I also suspect this to be the case with a tied huttball with no one holding ball at the end.

Medals have nothing to do with the deciding factor on who wins. Its simply an incentive to try harder^^

Whoever is holding the ball at the end of a tied match in huttball is announced the winner.

Edited by Smokey_swtor