The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

BW isn't getting the praise they deserve.

XJones

I agree, Bioware and LucasArts made a great game and it's only getting better.

Correction. They made a 'GOOD' game per EA. Not Great. They don't make great games. Requires degrees, talent, money, so on and so forth.

Don't believe me?

Read for yourself. Last line.

Good game :D

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2012/01/20/ea-bounces-back-as-analysts-defend-%E2%80%98star-wars%E2%80%99/

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed it has to be competitive in today's market.

Exactly. It's all about what is considered "Competitive".

A poorly thought out UI, poor performance on certain rig specs, etc, etc. Can all affect how "competitive" a product can appear in the market. ESPECIALLY when devs refuse to discuss the issues other than saying that they are looking into them.

Sorry Bioware, but giving vague answers and refusing to give ETA's just doesn't cut it. If customers don't get satisfactory answers, they take their business elsewhere. It's that simple.

But, I'm sure someone will just say "well good riddance!". And such a response would show myopia in regards to how events could ultimately affect the level of enjoyment THAT person could ultimately gain from this product.

Edited by Tarka

Sorry, but I can't help but think that with 5+years of development, hundreds of employees, and a 9 figure budget that the game could've been much more than KoTOR with some multiplayer and tons of bugs.

I don't doubt the hard work individual programmers, artists, designers, etc. put into the game. But this was obviously a seriously mishandled and poorly managed project. Which is unsurprising going by some of the higher ups involved with this game's development.

This is quite possibly the single most illogical, self-entitled, pointless troll thread I've ever seen.

First, the point of the forums is not to provide kudos back to Bioware for a good game. Like it alot? Buy a second copy. The point of the forums is provide constructive feedback and allow the devs to get a general feel of what is bothering the community to adjust it or explain why it doesn't need adjusting.

No it is not. The general section is to talk about general topics on the game. They have other forums to provide constructive feedback and bugs, likes, dislikes, need to improve areas etc for the game. They have already stated that devs do not pay attention to the topics brought up in the general forum.

My biggest worry keys on what was said at the end of the 'Rise of the Rhakghouls' intro video.

I think it was James Ohlen speaking on that video (sorry if I got that wrong). He said (if I may paraphrase) that the players will decide the direction of development in the game going forward. That should be a good thing, but subjectively it seems to me the people posting most frequently here are exactly not the people I would want designing the game.

No it is not. The general section is to talk about general topics on the game. They have other forums to provide constructive feedback and bugs, likes, dislikes, need to improve areas etc for the game. They have already stated that devs do not pay attention to the topics brought up in the general forum.

Source?

I only ask because James Ohlen claims in his latest "coming soon" video that the devs are always listening to the community...

Edited by Tarka

My biggest worry keys on what was said at the end of the 'Rise of the Rhakghouls' intro video.

I think it was James Ohlen speaking on that video (sorry if I got that wrong). He said (if I may paraphrase) that the players will decide the direction of development in the game going forward. That should be a good thing, but subjectively it seems to me the people posting most frequently here are exactly not the people I would want designing the game.

I give you 1 billion internets

You also cannot compare the modern day WOW to TOR because of the fact that Warcraft has had over 8 years of development time to fix bugs and add new content. Give TOR 8 years to develop and then compare it to WoW in its current form.

I'm sorry but this logic only works with content. Nothing else.. Not bugs, not ui, not the market place, and things of that nature.. Only content. WoW didn't have WoW to look at it and decide what they wanted, how to use, and how to make it their own. WoW had others games sure, and they did pull for those games. Just like swtor should've pulled from wow.

-Custom UI DUH IDIOTS! Can't be nice on that one.

-Bracket pvp (cross-server pvp) There really is no reason not to. If there was actually decent world pvp in the um the worlds that may be different. But I'm level 40 and unless I go to a few certain spots (which are way the hell out of the way) there is crap for pvp.

-A better lfg tool (I will agree with it not being cross-server lfg though).

-Loot bugs, kill bosses and loot not dropped (not sure if it was fixed last patch but bottom line it should've been fixed within days not weeks of them finding out. Loot bugs are serious issues and should be addressed with hotfixes)

And a bunch of little stuff that would've really made this game shine. But unless your a fanboi this game is mediocre at best. It has the potential to be a really great game, but I don't see it happening. And right now I'm simply looking for another mmo to pass the time. The only reason why I'm still here is mainly for the crafting they did get that right. For the most part anyways.

Edited by Paralassa
content

lolwut? They are only winning awards and getting high ratings from top video game critics. Go google something and research first?

The game is averaging 7.5-8.5 reviews. That's low for what this game was hyped for. Rift is rated higher than this game.

Edited by SDCowboy

So the general purpose of the forums is to chant "YAYA YAYAY BIOWARE"

...Epiphany.

I'm going to play the game. You people are literally not even bothering to try to conceal your trolling at this point.

Source?

I only ask because James Ohlen claims in his latest "coming soon" video that the devs are always listening to the community...

I am not going to look up the hundreds of mod posts that state this when they close a thread and advise people in the official "omg I am butthurt I cannot swim in an ocean" threads that exist in the proper section.

Plus

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Thing is, I've heard the "community will drive the development" line many times. It's just spin. Devs will do what the investors want to do. I've yet to see ANY mmo that is purely or even majorly community driven in that respect.

That is pure 100% Win.

Edited by trublmaker

I am not going to look up the hundreds of mod posts that state this when they close a thread and advise people in the official "omg I am butthurt I cannot swim in an ocean" threads that exist in the proper section.

Plus

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349

Right, so you're just going to pull quotes out of ....the air and saying that mod say that them. I've never seen a mod yet say that the devs don't pay attention to a particular section of the forums.

And the point of linking the General Discussion is what exactly?

Edited by Tarka

So the general purpose of the forums is to chant "YAYA YAYAY BIOWARE"

...Epiphany.

I'm going to play the game. You people are literally not even bothering to try to conceal your trolling at this point.

Sop let me get this straight, since I say its not meant as a cesspool of complaining from butthurt kids then I must support it being a BW cheerleading cesspool. Your logic is flawed.

You also cannot compare the modern day WOW to TOR because of the fact that Warcraft has had over 8 years of development time to fix bugs and add new content. Give TOR 8 years to develop and then compare it to WoW in its current form.

Then they shouldn't be charging the same price ($15/month) that they charge for WoW if this game doesn't compare (which it obviously falls so short on)