Anyone else was overhyped by this game?

Diaboligue

Well at least I was. Not saying that this game is bad I was just hoping more than I got.

In fact I enjoyed lvling till I completed act 1 then my class quest got even more boring than most of side quests.

Things what I was hoping but I did not get:

Space: Spaceships were really most disappointing thing in this game, space missions?Even miniclip games are better:/ I was hoping that you could like buy stuff to your ship like new table or something like that even it is unnecessary it would be awesome!:) + like buying different ships and having space battles agains other players and explore space finding cool rare stuff and so on :p

PVP/Combat: I was really hoping pvp to be to much like battlefront 2 :<

Oh I so loved battlefront 2 gameplay :p and same to combat. I got this feeling about swtor combat http://i.imgur.com/UmcMV.jpg ^^

MMO: really you could remove one ''M'' since this doesn't not feel mmo, I lvled along nearly whole time only thing what felt like in mmo was guild chat :p, + all planets are full on npc what are as boring as rocks since they just are there and u cant even click them O.o

Factions: This really ruined pvp, it would be way cooler if you would start as neutral and you could join to republic or empire and even at max lvl you could betray your faction and get into other faction, oh really I would have loved that one!

Oh well this game is still fine game but Idk. Just not for me :D

(Well why I posted this? Like someone care? Idk I just wanted to say what I thing about this game. Much potential but missing a lot of cool things, but maybe some cool stuff comes by patches but at least for me to late since gw2 is coming before swtor has changed enough for me ^^)

(Sry about bad eng, since it is my 3rd language)

+1 thing more what you would want to this game what u did not get?

Well the combat was what I expected from a hotkey game. You cannot improve a hotkey game much beyond this.

Space Combat, I am happy that they have it at all. I do hope they improve it though, PvP space combat would be to die for. (Meaning it couldn't be on rails like it is now.)

I feel I was hyped perfectly fine for this game as I do enjoy the hotkey style, but with a star wars skin to make it all the better. I do admit though if combat was like battlefront I would declare this the king of MMOs.

I do love the story aspect of the game though. I am playing some classes I wouldn't normally play just because of the story. Bioware does story right. Amazed they did it so well in an MMO environment.

And to answer what is something I would like to see in the game? More customization. Customize ship cosmetics, more varying outfits aside from just colors. I love customization and looking unique so I would like to see more added in.

Hope with the coming year the game will turn into something really amazing, I'm cutting it some slack since it's done so well for a brand new MMO. This is coming from someone whose played most F2P MMOs in Open Beta and full release stages. (May be some grammatical errors as I was to lazy to re-read my whole post.)

I was never especially hyped to begin with so I can't say I'm disappointed at all. I played in the beta and, until then, I didn't really have much interest in the game, as I hate paying monthly fees and prefer single-player games. So, since I really am enjoying this game and I get to play it with my husband, I'm quite satisfied. I still would have preferred KOTOR 3 over an MMORPG but I do enjoy the interactivity, the story, and the ability to play with friends. I'm not a fan of PVP at all anyway and I think the space battles could use some more work but are fun overall.

Well at least I was. Not saying that this game is bad I was just hoping more than I got.

In fact I enjoyed lvling till I completed act 1 then my class quest got even more boring than most of side quests.

Space: Spaceships were really most disappointing thing in this game, space missions?Even miniclip games are better:/ I was hoping that you could like buy stuff to your ship like new table or something like that even it is unnecessary it would be awesome!:) + like buying different ships and having space battles agains other players and explore space finding cool rare stuff and so on :p

Oh I so loved battlefront 2 gameplay :p and same to combat. I got this feeling about swtor combat http://i.imgur.com/UmcMV.jpg ^^

MMO: really you could remove one ''M'' since this doesn't not feel mmo, I lvled along nearly whole time only thing what felt like in mmo was guild chat :p, + all planets are full on npc what are as boring as rocks since they just are there and u cant even click them O.o

Factions: This really ruined pvp, it would be way cooler if you would start as neutral and you could join to republic or empire and even at max lvl you could betray your faction and get into other faction, oh really I would have loved that one!

(Well why I posted this? Like someone care? Idk I just wanted to say what I thing about this game. Much potential but missing a lot of cool things, but maybe some cool stuff comes by patches but at least for me to late since gw2 is coming before swtor has changed enough for me ^^)

arnt you supossed to be gone today?

There are many hotkey games that have way more responsive combat than this.

You're talking about how responsive it is, and Bioware already said they are working on it. Once they get around to fixing that it will be the same as every other hotkey MMO. (Well excluding those that try to be different and throw in a gimmick.)

wait what????? you say it dosnt feel like an mmo but you want it to be more like a multi player game that plays like a first person shooter??????????????????? fail

Edited by tumpai

You're talking about how responsive it is, and Bioware already said they are working on it. Once they get around to fixing that it will be the same as every other hotkey MMO. (Well excluding those that try to be different and throw in a gimmick.)

Idk about you, but "We're working on it" as a response to an issue as big as this just makes me think of all the other horrible MMO launches I've been around for.

Idk about you, but "We're working on it" as a response to an issue as big as this just makes me think of all the other horrible MMO launches I've been around for.

Well I'll put in a little faith, the worst that can happen is they don't fix it and nothing is done about it. They loose subs until the game dies or they fix it. So... ~gives Bioware faith~

Well I'll put in a little faith, the worst that can happen is they don't fix it and nothing is done about it. They loose subs until the game dies or they fix it. So... ~gives Bioware faith~

I had a little, too, but to be honest I've lost it all since patch 1.1. Maybe if they ever fix w/e they broke in that patch, so that way I could at least login, then I'd show a little faith. Until then, I'm not very confident in their abilities.

I had a little, too, but to be honest I've lost it all since patch 1.1. Maybe if they ever fix w/e they broke in that patch, so that way I could at least login, then I'd show a little faith. Until then, I'm not very confident in their abilities.

Guess I could see why you don't. I would be upset as well if I couldn't log in. Well since we've gone off topic I'm going to bounce of this thread. Hope you're problems get worked out Keziaa.

Anyone else was overhyped by this game?

i wasn't. i didn't expect much and i didn't get much either. this game is like many xbox titles lately.

company decided to put multiplayer into a franchise that was perfetly fine as single player. and the MP part failed big time. (bioshock 2 and dead space 2 comes to mind)

same in SWTOR. MP is horrible in every aspect, but the single player story is awesome.

i am not dissapointed for the 45€ i paid. that's what i pay for most xbox titles and they usually don't have any replayability value. i might renew a month or not. if i do, i might come back after 6 month... or not...

i am just comparing this game to any xbox title i have, that's why i am not dissapointed.

my wife on the other hand had huge hopes on this game. she wanted to leave WoW. she spend 150€ on the collectors and after 4 hours she got bored because all the voice acting and RP story. she is more the kind of "instant gratification" player. she loved diablo 2 coz she could just go and kill things. she loved neverwinter coz we just entered a dungeon and killed things. and she stays on WoW because she already has 12 maxxed chars and doesn't need to level them up and she loves raiding.

so... one family. two sides of the coin :)

look if your feeling the game was overhyped, then the marketing department did their job well. we all knew what this was before it came out, beta testers doubly so. i am hopeful that the game continues to improve. to me the real hangup right now is guild functionality and crafting. both ae laughable and need serious improvement and fast.

To be honest, I watched all the videos at PAX and other conventions and was utterly underwhelmed by what I saw. I never even remotely thought of purchasing it based on what I had seen and heard, and also knowing that it was going to be most likely overrun by the WoW fanbase which I had gone out of my way to avoid.

I was very happy playing LOTRO with my wife and friends.

However, I played a couple of beta weekends and ended up having crazy amounts of fun!

Yep, issues exist, some "quality-of-life" and convinence options need adding/tweaking etc. but overall, my wife and I are having a blast.

*shrug* Label me a fanboy or drone or whatever...I'm just having fun. Is that so bad?

Cheers!!

Edited by robotsonik

Yes, more or less. Right now, this is a good game. Its not great yet and there is a chance it might never be.

Space combat akin to Battlefronts would have been nice. Battlefronts style PvP might not have worked (probably not, anyway)

The ability to switch factions (start of light side, eventually turn evil and vice versa) would have added a huge level of depth to the game.

Lack of some races (Wookie, Yoda-type character) are kind of a let down as well.

The UI and lack of combat logs/addons was bad, the abiltiy delay is worse.

Overall, I think its a pretty fun game that needs alot of work.