Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

LordExozone

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They want you to feel like your armor is your weapon as a PT.

Fair enough comment but if that's the case they could have given Powertechs a slightly different animation for Death from Above, I hate with a passion that my powertech holds a imaginary pistol in his left hand when casting this ability :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
The emphasis of the powertech is on the armor. The emphasis of the vanguard is on their weapon, which is why they use a bigger weapon. Most of the vanguards moves besides grenades use the weapon. If you want the blaster rifle then the vanguards get all the cool gadget animations of the powertech. What makes the vanguard unique for a heavy armored class with a bigger gun after the powertech gets the gadgets and the gun?

The emphasis of the powertech is on the armor. The emphasis of the vanguard is on their weapon, which is why they use a bigger weapon. Most of the vanguards moves besides grenades use the weapon. If you want the blaster rifle then the vanguards get all the cool gadget animations of the powertech. What makes the vanguard unique for a heavy armored class with a bigger gun after the powertech gets the gadgets and the gun?

This.

Vang is so boring.

Nah, I don't want a Blaster Rifle for Powertechs.

I want a third AC that either utilizes a Blaster Rifle or a blaster rifle like alternative.

I also want an invisible stat stick for Sorcerers and Sages.

And while we're at it and adding third ACs why not a Warrior/Knight AC that get's to use Saberstaffs?

Vang is so boring.

It is. Vang animations are horrible, and so clearly at a stretch to model the same bounty hunter powers that are fluid and effortless.

Explosive surge and the vanguard neural surge (pt carbon freeze) are prime examples of being born as hell. I hunch my shoulders and stuff blows up around me!

Because you think it is boring you feel you should be able to strip if of what makes it unique?

Can anyone seriously contend that DFA doesn't look WAY better than mortar volley? Which often looks stupid coming from a rifle...but not as stupid as ion cannon.

By contrast flame sweep, flamethrower, flame burst and DFA are all delicious and silky smooth, and look fantastic. Whether or not the abilities are functionally identical, I *feel* much more mobile on a PT, and that psychologically translates into much more nimble play.

Case in point...who can resist running around while flame sweeping or carbon freezing? Vanguarders just stand still while doing their 'hunch over and twitch *pause* *bam*' versions.

Edited by clearsighted

It is. Vang animations are horrible, and so clearly at a stretch to model the same bounty hunter powers that are fluid and effortless.

Explosive surge and the vanguard neural surge (pt carbon freeze) are prime examples of being born as hell. I hunch my shoulders and stuff blows up around me!

Can anyone seriously contend that DFA doesn't look WAY better than mortar volley? Which often looks stupid coming from a rifle...but not as stupid as ion cannon.

By contrast flame sweep, flamethrower, flame burst and DFA are all delicious and silky smooth, and look fantastic. Whether or not the abilities are functionally identical, I *feel* much more mobile on a PT, and that psychologically translates into much more nimble play.

Case in point...who can resist running around while flame sweeping or carbon freezing? Vanguarders just stand still while doing their 'hunch over and twitch *pause* *bam*' versions.

Man, apart from ST both Tactics and particularly Plasma are so unimaginative. Really too bored to switch to Plasma after playing Pyro <3

Edited by Aetideus

I am not trying to argue that the Vanguard animations are better or worse. Justifying that you should be able to get something that makes vanguard unique solely because you think "wow your animations are dumb" makes your argument worthless.

I think, if we did not think so far into this and just look at what we already have, all classes can use light armor. all heavy armor users can use heavy>medium>light. So why would it be a big deal if classes could use lesser weapons like pistols, assassins can use regular sabers, swords, staffs, double sabers. Why not have something similar to this design for all the other classes? I would love to run around with a pistol and go staby staby all day long with my operative, without having a stupid rifle.

Just add a proficiency so all classes can use lesser weapons. However, classes like smuggler would not be able to use rifles bc they are 1 tier above them, like how smugglers cant use heavy armor.

Hope this feed back is useful!

Nah, I don't want a Blaster Rifle for Powertechs.

I want a third AC that either utilizes a Blaster Rifle or a blaster rifle like alternative.

I also want an invisible stat stick for Sorcerers and Sages.

And while we're at it and adding third ACs why not a Warrior/Knight AC that get's to use Saberstaffs?

Nah, man. Saber and shoto.

• 1 month later...
Powertech will get blaster rifle training, vanguard 1 blaster training.

No problem there!

Where did you get that info from?

Btw... On the login screen you can see a bounty hunter with a blaster rifle (Shae Vizla)... So i am kinda consufed hehe.. Also the launcher now show a powertech with blaster rifle or is a vanguard with BH gear? Oh well.

Edited by RealLyrix

Am I the only one that thinks powertechs shouldn't carry any blaster at all? Walking around in an iron man suit with a dinky blaster feels weird. Everything should come from the suit itself. No need for a blaster or rifle at all.

Am I the only one that thinks powertechs shouldn't carry any blaster at all? Walking around in an iron man suit with a dinky blaster feels weird. Everything should come from the suit itself. No need for a blaster or rifle at all.

I actually agree. But what about mercs and a Rifle?

As much as I would love the look of shooting a blaster rifle... I think a rifle attached to the back of my jet pack would look ridiculous. I'd much prefer it a longer barreled pistol like an SMG which holsters on my side.

Well there is now a blaster pistol that looks almost like the E11 rifle from the OT, available from the latest of the Rep vendors from the Explorers pack called Fortitude you can find a pic http://dulfy.net/2015/04/20/swtor-esstran-exports-explorer-packs-reputation-items/ and surprisingly it also sounds like a blaster rifle as opposed to some of the horrible sounding blasters I have heard in recent times.

Where did you get that info from?

Btw... On the login screen you can see a bounty hunter with a blaster rifle (Shae Vizla)... So i am kinda consufed hehe.. Also the launcher now show a powertech with blaster rifle or is a vanguard with BH gear? Oh well.

Shae Vizla's rifle on the intro screen is probably just a disconnect between the devs and art dept. In the cinematics and in-game Shae is always shown with 2 pistols as she is a Merc.

• 5 months later...