Nerf Ops, but what about other classes? Detailed breakdown WITH VIDEOS inside! Discus

Blue

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol... this is when there was buff stacking and 50s mixed in with level 10s, and current operatives are comparable to that. Thank you for providing proof that solidifies the need to nerf Ops.

^

isnt lvl 50

please dont post if you dont know what you're talking about

Given that the op/sc nerfs were called for when buff stacking was a problem then I'm all for BW giving 1.1 some time before proposing any further nerfs instead of what they have up on the test server 2 days after 1.1.

If nerfs are still determined to be needed after a few weeks of data collection then for the love of god, let's not get blanket nerfs that will ruin the class for both pvp and sustained pve dps, got to be a bit of give and take going on, incremental nerfs too rather than just dropping a bomb on the class.

That merc video is supposed to be impressive? He gets dumped on at the 5 min mark like hes useless.

Mercs and BH's have no mobility and no survival cooldowns worth a damn. If they get into a bad situation, they can do 1 AoE knockback and a 12 second 25% damage reduction shield. Plus casted abilities (like tracer/grav) tend to get interrupted and pushed back and be generally useless when you get into a bad situation.

Well done gathering the info in the same post. But Bioware wont do anything about it.

The next patch is a public affair one, and has nothing to do with the game itself. 97% of the population wanted a nerf, even if not warranted after 1.1 patch, and bioware wants their money.

End of it.

Yep

that is exactly it.

Bioware is take the risk of losing all the imperial player base to appeal to their childish sorc/merc base that want to be overpowered.

Everybody knows sorcs and mercs outdamage operatives. Cry babies wanted a nerf so now we have to get it.

Merc Tracer missle is out of control

A video showing a) a level 50 with champion gear against level 23's, and b) people completely ignoring him (literally standing right next to them without them reacting) is supposed to show that tracer missile is "out of control"...?

Give me a break.

all this "Well those are pre 1.1 anti-buff stacking patch"...

sorry how long was 1.1 out before they decided to nerf ops/scoundrels again?

And if I remember right most of the complaints against Operatives and Scoundrels was from lowbies or completely undergeared sub 50s going against buff stacking well geared operatives.

Once 1.1 came out and separated the 50s into their own bracket the number of "nerf operative" posts dropped dramatically.

My highest character is a power tech bounty hunter. She has no issues with operatives and had no issues before 1.1 (tank spec).

Bioware went way out of hand with the changes so quickly one after the other without seeing how players react in a live environment.

Edited by illgot

as a scoundrel set-up for complete burst damage (high crit high surge high power) using red pill AND trinket, i can crit an UNSHIELDED sorc or terribly geared player for about 5.2k - 5.6k with shoot first, realistically it's more in the lower 4k market on geared people.

You all can quit lying through your teeth about the 8k crits now, it went away with the buff stacking change. You can either acknowledge that this is a knee-jerk reaction and have a look at what similar classes were doing with buff stacking and lowbies or acknowledge that damage numbers are VERY DIFFERENT in the 50's bracket, this double standard **** is getting ridiculous.

i'm more concerned now with what happens AFTER my opener, because if i'm critting for 3k on shoot-first than hopefully a 3kish crit on backblast, whatever i'm attacking is probably gonna have a good laugh put on a slow and use one of their neat coolies utility spells that leave me 20 yards away with no gap closer, and no way to keep pressure on my target.

Edited by Chaotika

Everybody knows sorcs and mercs outdamage operatives. Cry babies wanted a nerf so now we have to get it.

You got a nerf to your burst which was definetly need, you can cry all you want but the fact is it was needed.

If you can't see how crazy your BURST damage is your blind cause it's your own class.

Lol i like the sent video because hes a full champion geared sent, with buff stacking, and his hardest hit was 4k. Poor combat/carnage tree...

On a side note, people are saying BW is rushing with nerfing OP's after the recent stacking nerf. Except they haven't nerfed OP's yet, they are testing it on PTR. So obviously it hasn't been rushed into.

Though i for one still think they do need a nerf, just a minor one though. either 10% less damage to hidden strike or just the 20% armor pen nerf. They definitely don't need a KD nerf, armor pen nerf, and hidden strike nerf.

Lol i like the sent video because hes a full champion geared sent, with buff stacking, and his hardest hit was 4k. Poor combat/carnage tree...

On a side note, people are saying BW is rushing with nerfing OP's after the recent stacking nerf. Except they haven't nerfed OP's yet, they are testing it on PTR. So obviously it hasn't been rushed into.

Though i for one still think they do need a nerf, just a minor one though. either 10% less damage to hidden strike or just the 20% armor pen nerf. They definitely don't need a KD nerf, armor pen nerf, and hidden strike nerf.

So were all the OPs killing lowbies that everyone is comlaining about. Right now OPs need a buff with fully geared people NOT the other way around.

Lol... this is when there was buff stacking and 50s mixed in with level 10s, and current operatives are comparable to that. Thank you for providing proof that solidifies the need to nerf Ops.

No they arent. Current ops cant pull over 6k on openers. There are videos all over the forums.

Before 1.1 ALL CLASSES were OP. After the patch NO CLASS is OP.