Planet suggestion thread

Vitas

My top two are Dantooine and Dxun, though I'd love to see Kashyyyk as well.

Dantooine

The ancient enclave of the jedi, lost for hundreds of years has been rediscovered and houses ancient secrets and priceless artifacts for those brave enough to explore its treacherous depths. The force apparitions of long dead padawans and jedi masters unable to become one with the force haunt the enclaves halls harboring the secrets of the enclave's checkered past. Ancient puzzles and powerful holocrons await those with the ingenuity to find them and ancient jedi artifacts (gear, weapons, etc.) are just waiting to be excavated. For the jedi and the sith, the rediscovery of the enclave promises knowledge and power. For less reputable classes, bounty hunters and smugglers, the enclave promises great wealth, while the Republic and Empire, fight for control of the planet's surface pitting their best soldiers and operatives against each other for control of the enclave's secrets.

Dxun

Explore Dxun, brave the ancient Mandalorian proving grounds, and uncover the lost secrets of Freedon Nadd's Tomb. Learn the history of the jedi Exile and Mandalore the Preserver, fight vicious beasts, and face off against the toughest Mandalorians in the galaxy. Solve puzzles and collect powerful artifacts (unique gear, weapons, etc.).

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Planet Ideas:

Kuat- A Republic Core World famous for its production of war vessels for the Republic's Navy. Perhaps the Empire has infiltrated the Kuat Drive Yards and is conducting industrial espionage and subversion work and the Republic has to weed the Imperial Agents out before the they lose one of their primary producers of military material? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kuat

Kessel- An asteroid world which houses one of the Republic's most hellacious prisons. It could possibly be a Warzone or have a prison-break plot. Overall, Kessel needs more lore. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kessel

Vendaxa- A harsh and dense jungle world of the Expansion Region. Perhaps this could be a warzone... An Imperial Listening Post or somethin'? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vendaxa

Taanab- An Inner Rim Agriworld with lush open plains and waterway canals. A Republic world which could be threatened by it's pirate-world neighbor Norulac. This could be a simple save the food source plot or perhaps the pirates of Norulac could have Imperial backing? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taanab http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Norulac

Sleheyron- A Hutt trade world notorious for its slave trading and refinement of Tibanna gas. Perhaps this world could be a source of contention between the Republic and Empire seeing as Tibanna is a rare resource... Add some intrigue and some slave-trading... BOOM you've got yourself a world. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sleheyron

Any thoughts?

based on this datamined thread on reddit you may get Sleheyron :p

It also looks like Bothuwui and Ziost are planets to look out for as well

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dantooine is an absolute must for an Old Republic game. It has a lot of history that was developed throughout both KotOR games and would make a great addition to the current timeline.

I also vote for Sleheyron, Bothawui, Ziost and Yavin IV (not because I saw these planets in a data-mine or anything. ;))

I also vote for Sleheyron, Bothawui, Ziost and Yavin IV (not because I saw these planets in a data-mine or anything. ;))

In addition to Lehon and Varl, not just because of the previous data-mine found a while ago along with Bothawui, Sleheyron, Yavin IV and Ziost from the recent one.

It'd be great to have every featured planet and moon from the previous 2 kotor games as well as the cut worlds and the ones which were intended for the canceled kotor 3. Plus of course other notable ones during this period such as from the Tales of the Jedi series, Kotor comics and swtor novels and comics, not to forget the worlds from the films.

Also wanted to add that I wouldn't mind seeing some new/smaller-scale planets introduced as smaller areas with relevent FPs/ops, some daily missions, and their own storylines(sorta like CZ-198 and the upcoming Oricon). A few of those between expansions would be nice.

Some examples of planets that would work pretty well for this IMO might be Endor (secret Republic base was built there around this era, so some possibilities there), Bespin (could work well for an expansion too), Yavin IV as I previously mentioned (could also be expansion-worthy), or maybe even this place. EDIT: Forgot to mention Telos as well, which could also be good for an expansion.

Edited by Lord-Aleph

• 1 month later...
So far with most of the recent planets released having been mentioned in the leaks and files found in the game, lets hope the others which we've yet to expect are supposably true such as Varl, Lehon, Ziost, Sleheyron, Bothawui and Yavin IV.

I'd certainly like to know what happened to those planets from KOTOR I & II that we haven't visited yet: Kashyykk, Mannaan, and Dantooine. We don't even have to quest there. Just have some conversation somewhere that clues us in on to what's happening. One would think that there would also be some valid reasons for the Republic and the Empire to be exploring and/or fighting over Rakata Prime, home of the Infinite Empire.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm excited by the datamined files; hopefully those planets pan out. I agree Yavin 8 would be really cool to see as well, but I don't know if it's the best use of resources to build two different moons of Yavin for the game, even if they could share Massassi assets and whatnot.

I would really like to see a mini-arc focus on the worlds of the Deep Core, namely Byss and Empress Teta. The former planet could the site of an Imperial beachhead in the region, with the influence of the Sith steadily corrupting its idyllic setting with dark-side energy, while the latter, an upper-crust ecumenopolis with a complex history, could be the Republic's forward base to counter creeping Imperial influence in the Deep Core.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Planet I would want to visit most would be either Mandalor or Mannan. I think out of those two Mandalor would make more sense the Mandalorians are heavily involved in the war effort. Although, Manann and those crafty Selkath do have all that kolto. Plus I'd like to see an ocean world.

• 1 month later...
i think Yavin IV (prefferably) or possibly Dantooine, would be good ideas for RP planets for Jedi Orders to have their main or place since the destruction of the temple on Coruscant, and a place to make a home maybe, but im sure it would be considered too much like SWG then, that was a great game for RP, but not for much else, plus i mis the Jedi Starfighter but TOR is long before it was created, just thought since i mentioned SWG id mention that haha, but other planets like Endor, and Kashyyyk, places for exploration and scenery mainly, or as i said possible future Home idea planets

I'd like to see the following planets at some point:

Dantooine

Bespin

Dathomir (Although, without Nightsisters. This timeline is well before that!)

Dagobah

Felucia

Dxun

Trandosha (Hsskor)

Lok

Manaan

Naboo

Onderon

Rodia

Ithor

Ryloth

Thyferra

Ziost

Malastare

A lot of these planets have huge potential to add some "Exploration" and free range to TOR. They can be designed newly to allow for more flexibility than the planets we have now. Would be nice to have some new mechanics to go with these planets (Like flying mounts and open maps!)

I'd like to see the following planets at some point:

Bespin

Dagobah

As I said in another thread about these 2 Planets and why it would be extremely unlikely that these 2 might get added:

Dagobah - There would be nothing here, not even the infamous Cave from the Movies would be like it was in the Movies. That Cave would be just another Cave as the Dark Jedi that caused the Planet's Dark Sided Taint hasn't been to the Planet let alone been born yet.

Bespin - The planet was first discovered by the explorers from the Hyperspace Navigator's Guild in years prior to the Mandalorian Wars. The carbonite-rich Empress Teta established a small gas operation on the planet, but it was mostly destroyed during the Mandalorian Wars by a fleet of Mandalorian warships, hoping to break up the tibanna gas supply chain for the Galactic Republic.

Bespin was first colonized in 1,989 BBY. The planet had its own Jedi Enclave. During the New Sith Wars, the Brotherhood of Darkness captured the planet. Lord Ecclessis Figg commissioned Cloud City to be built by the Incom Corporation around 400 BBY. -- So while yeah, Bespin had been discovered prior to the beginning of this Game, it won't be first colonized until well after this Game. So the Cloud City of the Movie, a Jedi Enclave will not be there during this Time Period, and any platform that we could walk on, likely also doesn't exist at this point in the History.

Edited by Altyrell

As I said in another thread about these 2 Planets and why it would be extremely unlikely that these 2 might get added:

Dagobah - There would be nothing here, not even the infamous Cave from the Movies would be like it was in the Movies. That Cave would be just another Cave as the Dark Jedi that caused the Planet's Dark Sided Taint hasn't been to the Planet let alone been born yet.

Bespin - The planet was first discovered by the explorers from the Hyperspace Navigator's Guild in years prior to the Mandalorian Wars. The carbonite-rich Empress Teta established a small gas operation on the planet, but it was mostly destroyed during the Mandalorian Wars by a fleet of Mandalorian warships, hoping to break up the tibanna gas supply chain for the Galactic Republic.

Bespin was first colonized in 1,989 BBY. The planet had its own Jedi Enclave. During the New Sith Wars, the Brotherhood of Darkness captured the planet. Lord Ecclessis Figg commissioned Cloud City to be built by the Incom Corporation around 400 BBY. -- So while yeah, Bespin had been discovered prior to the beginning of this Game, it won't be first colonized until well after this Game. So the Cloud City of the Movie, a Jedi Enclave will not be there during this Time Period, and any platform that we could walk on, likely also doesn't exist at this point in the History.

I see with Bespin, but I disagree that Dagobah couldn't be in.

Having nothing there is perfect for the TOR team to develop new lore for it. If it is just a swamp world with nothing there in this timeline then it is a fresh canvas from which BW can craft story and lore. I see no reason why that can't be done.

Tython and Korriban!

More of them! We need some high-level daily areas on those planets!

Maybe let only empire players go to Korriban and only republic players go to Tython still, though. It would actually be cool to do some dailies on an important planet for your faction, in an area that doesn't involve the other side, and those planets have plenty of opportunity for interesting enemies and missions, with all the tombs and old ruins.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
2.9 will be out soon and along with it, Manaan will be available to visit which is great. Sadly though the planet isn't as huge as in KOTOR but hopefully they might expand it in further updates or expansions. Manaan would also be great for a future stronghold location as a couple characters in KOTOR were also known to live on the world.

2.9 will be out soon and along with it, Manaan will be available to visit which is great. Sadly though the planet isn't as huge as in KOTOR but hopefully they might expand it in further updates or expansions. Manaan would also be great for a future stronghold location as a couple characters in KOTOR were also known to live on the world.

At the moment, it is a Flash Point world. I don't know if it is anything beyond that

I cant suggest by names...

but my appetite needs

1) jungle style with little tree houses

2) water and underwater...

or the 2 above combined. As for Manaan I saw some videos on Youtube... if they add more it will be nice, it is a water planet, but only for decoration water as far as I noticed, you cannot swim and you die instantly when u touch the water. In one of the videos I watched, one guy tried to jumb into the water and he died.

Edited by Oyranos

Felucia.

Man I'd liiiiiiiiiiiiiive there. Please please!

Felucia or Endor, for the jungle environment sounds and wildlife that would be an excellent place to explore. Between the two I'd vote for Felucia since it'd be entirely new and wouldn't know exactly what to expect. But with either planet added to SWToR, it'd have to have a TON of environmental jungle sounds that would randomly sound off, maybe even with sophisticated 3-D quality that with headphones would make you think just from the sounds that you're actually IN a jungle.