I need tips on passing the ball in HuttBall

Docsis

There's an icon on your hotbar. You click it (or use a hotkey if you arn't a lame clicker) which causes an AOE reticle to pop up. You use the mouse to move to reticle to where you want to throw it and then you click the left mouse button to throw.

The system is awkward because you cannot even pull up the reticle when you are stunned and CCed, and because you can't spam the button because it will toggle.

Edited by yukirshiro

Also keep in mind that there is a limited distance which you can throw the ball. What I have done before is target someone I want to throw the ball to --this gets me the distance to that player under their portrait-- then I can see if I'm within range or not. If not, hope and pray that I don't get shredded before I can throw the ball.

Also, you can see a blue area effect of where the ball is going to be passed for a brief moment before the ball is thrown. This is something to look for if the enemy team is trying to pass the ball and that graphic is somewhat close to you. With any luck, you'll get to intercept the ball.

Thanks everyone! I was expecting 99% flame and hoping I would get at least one actual answer. Instead, I got no flames and a handful of good solid responses. I KNEW there were good folk somewhere in these forums!

I will try these suggestions out tonight.

1. in your abilities under look for a hutball throw ability

2. drag it to your quickbar slot

3. assign that quickbar slot an easy key to access on your keyboard (because when you are trying to throw the ball you will usually be being zerged and chain stunned, knocked back etc so make it a really easy key to get to! (i use q))

4. when you are getting ready to pass click that hotkey repeatably (because you will keep getting stunned/interrupted), you will notice your mouse cursor becomes an ability animation, move your mouse cursor on the GROUND where you want to throw the ball to (somewhere you can see in a reasonable range), if it's ok to pass the animation will go a certain color that i can't remember, light blue maybe (maybe someone else can mention it) but if it's not ok to pass it will go red from memory.

5. When you're ready to complete the pass spam the **** out of your left mouse button and the pass hotkey and it should slip out in between your chain stuns.

Edited by Evuke

I think one of the most frustrating things is that you cannot pass the ball when you are stunned. So it is sometimes difficult for people that are new to the game to understand why they are not able to get a pass off when they are desperately trying to.

And also important to realize that stuns/knockdowns prevent passes when the enemy has the ball as well :)

And make sure you use the same key / quickbar slot on alts.

I remapped G to activate the quickslot with it in on my main and my alt constantly brought up the guild window when I tried to pass as I forgot every time! In the end I lay there dead while remapping it on the alt. :p