So the game isnt dead.

Halofax

I remember yesterday everyone said the game would be dead today.

Still truckin'.

Now the consensus is Monday.

Cant we all just accept that the game, regardless of its mediocrity, will be successful?

No it wont kill wow (also mediocre), but its going to do fine.

Everything in the entertainment industry is mediocre. Avatar made a billion dolars in thearters.

It will be a successful "niche" game. Nothing more, nothing less ... it is what it is. Can we just accept that much.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait until the free time is over.

Alot of people have +2 days because of the grace period, like me.

I realize they gave people a grace period but I do not believe that effects your billing date of the 20th, or does your subscription say you will be billed on the 22nd?

Edited by Aria

I remember yesterday everyone said the game would be dead today.

Still truckin'.

Now the consensus is Monday.

Cant we all just accept that the game, regardless of its mediocrity, will be successful?

No it wont kill wow (also mediocre), but its going to do fine.

Everything in the entertainment industry is mediocre. Avatar made a billion dolars in thearters.

2013 is the true test :D

So, now its the 22nd?

on the 22nd will it be "Oh some people bought three month cards"

The game isnt died.

My server population doubled since 1.1

You cannot WILL the game to fail

I have no sub, yet can still post and I've been playing today too.

The free period has not expired. I am led to believe it expires at midnight tonight.

Edited by Mandrax

I am extremely disappointed with this game and even I subbed for 1 more month on the hopes that BW gets their act together. I figure if nothing else I can play with a couple alts and have some fun in PvP for a few more weeks which is worth $15. I want this game to be better, but my faith that it will happen is not much.

I am extremely disappointed with this game and even I subbed for 1 more month on the hopes that BW gets their act together. I figure if nothing else I can play with a couple alts and have some fun in PvP for a few more weeks which is worth $15. I want this game to be better, but my faith that it will happen is not much.

i find your lack of faith disturbing

Not everything in entertainment is mediocre. To combat Avatar I give you Inception. But I will agree that this game is a bit lack luster but who knows maybe they will get standard stuff in asap and turn it around. As to being dead, since its Star Wars and SOE couldnt even kill SWG as much as they seemed to try, im sure it will continue on for a few years to come.

The free period has not expired. I am led to believe it expires at midnight tonight.

You might want to double-check and make sure EA didn't "forget" to cancel your sub. You have to specifically do it from the /cancel page or it will re-up automatically.

Why do you think someone who plans on quitting would be grinding out those last few levels they wont ever see again?

This is so asinine.

funny how all the haters come out when a positive thread is made

In exactly the same way that fanboys (hate the word, but there's no alternative) will flock to a constructively negative post and flame it.

This thread isn't constructive at all, and I'm fairly sure that by the TOS Bioware should lock it. But they won't. Because it's positive.:rolleyes:

The day WoW was released, the forums were full of people saying it will fail.

Just remember that and it puts all the idiot whiners into perspective.

That continued long past release. WoW was killed by catering too much to the hardcore, catering too much to the casual, raiding being too hard, raiding being too easy, and every patch they released.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/972420-Things-that-killed-WoW

Edited by SamuraBob_Fl

This is my stance. Staying till March update to see how far they come and legacy system. After that I'll just move along if they still haven't wow'd me.....no pun intended

In exactly the same way that fanboys (hate the word, but there's no alternative) will flock to a constructively negative post and flame it.

This thread isn't constructive at all, and I'm fairly sure that by the TOS Bioware should lock it. But they won't. Because it's positive.:rolleyes:

The difference is that this is the SWTOR forum.

If you want to give feedback thats fine.

"This game sucks WoW is better" is not feedback.

It does not belong here.

There were only 38 imperials on Ilum(1) last night at 6-7 pm, which is typically a primetime...

* 1.1 changed the way you have to do the PvP dailies which peeved some people off

* Not everyone has made it to 50. The game has been out a month and some people can only play a few hours a week

* The fact the Empire pretty much dominates Republic on a lot of servers makes Illum unattractive to Republic players

When you guys start talking about 'dead servers', do take what faction you're on into account as well as the fact levels are far more spread out now versus the first week. I have seen little to no dropoff on my own server and a huge increase in warzone activity pre-1.1 (now the queues are a bit longer due to the split)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.