So the game isnt dead.

Halofax

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not following your logic. We've been talking about EU between you and me and now you're talking about US servers.

This is what a standard server looks at peak hours:

Coluud Corridor EU

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/screenshot2012012021444.jpg/

Lol 9:44 is peak hours now?

not to mention theres no proof of what your time zone is.

Only a few servers had massive queues, not every single server. Happens in every MMO it seems anyway.

Thats right, and since his server may have had queues and yours not his experienve would differ from yours. This is the problem with MMOs by nature they offer different experiences, some like what they get others dont.

Im level 50 Republic side. Want a screenshot?

In fact I'm a level 50 trooper, the worst class as far as delay goes.

I'm not pvp geared even though i opened 6 backs yesterday and got nothing from wave 1.

I get pooped on all day in pvp and i have to wait for my guildies to catch up before we can raid.

All in all, still the best mmo ive played in years.

Of course the game isn't dead. We knew. Bioware knew. Everyone knew.

Even the ones complaining with all their might knew. And that's why they were screaming. It's hard to accept defeat.

See you all in game.

Edited by Abriael

In fact I'm a level 50 trooper, the worst class as far as delay goes.

I'm not pvp geared even though i opened 6 backs yesterday and got nothing from wave 1.

I get pooped on all day in pvp and i have to wait for my guildies to catch up before we can raid.

All in all, still the best mmo ive played in years.

Why you think it is so good?

Of course I do, I love this game. I have a level 50 BH Mercenary.

I agree, credits are pretty meaningless here. I have millions with nothing to buy.

Most games economy does not kick in for a while, they will generally take things out of the game add things in and eventually it will kick off. Usually does.

Lol 9:44 is peak hours now?

not to mention theres no proof of what your time zone is.

My timezone is the same as the clock indicates, I took it a couple of mins before the post. It is peak time, I don't know how you do it in the US but in here we start playing after we get home from school/work. You can see pretty much similar numbers anytime between ~5pm to ~12pm.

Edited by byteresistor

If you're going to post/read that, make sure you have a basic understanding of:

a.) How they are obtaining the data

b.) What it actually implies.

I've seen the same people post this in regards to exact population numbers, and that's NOT what it is showing.

I wish those charts overlayed holidays, back to work, back to school. etc.

Remember SWTOR released when the Christian world was on Holiday, so the majority of people who wanted to play could, now we are all back at work, we have to sort out our lives etc before we can play games.

Well maybe in a Highlander MMO - but yeah, EvE, EQ, WaR, WoW, Rift, AoC and other all have dedicated fans that will keep the faith until life support is pulled.

That would be funny. You can only create one character and your account is canceled upon death. But the last one standing will get $1,000,000 dollars. Hmm... Where's my phone I gotta call my lawyer and some copywrite people.

Actually Slick, "Light" is low population in this game.

Light

Standard

Heavy

Very Heavy

Full

Is the current user viewable metric for this game.

Hey there "Slick". He was obviously making a joke out of the fact that if a server is standard, it's even more of a ghost town than a Heavy server. Slicked its way right over your head.

Why you think it is so good?

The animations look better than any game ive played, I can have a good time in vent during trash pulls and good off.

The pvp is faster and more twitch than most gear based mmos.

I am actually rolling alts for the first time. Ever.

The story is fun, the scenery is fun, the game is fun.

The Graphics suck, but the art style is flat out gorgeous.

I dont get pooped on in pvp by guys in purples they bought on the auction house.

I dont see guys driving around dragon mounts they bought on the website.

I thought KOTOR was the best game ever made and this gives me flashbacks to it.

That good?

Not really.

I'm sure its a generally common occurance for people to speak positively about a game on its devoted forums.

It's also common to tell people they're talking out of their *** when they are, in fact, talking out of their ***. Speaking positively is not the same as speaking factually.

Dunno what you guys are talking about.

Our guild alone has over 20 level 50's on almost every night.

The raid zones usually have 3-4 guilds doing 8 mans and then our guild doing 16's.

Ilum isn't really a good way to judge population right ow as they boned republics.

Fleet is almost always 100-200 players all day long.

And then add in all the people on the lower level planets leveling that I never go to anymore (no need) and the fact that our server pop is always standard to high.

Game is not dying, nor will it die anytime soon. The vocal minority of people here on the forums think that they are the majority of the game, but in all reality they are less than 1%.

I can guarantee that 1.9 million (or higher now probably) purchasers of this game are not going to quit the game within the next couple of days.

I like how you say "no it wont kill wow ( also mediocre)" Apparently its not mediocre if you had to include that snip.

That being said, I do enjoy this game. It could use tons of work.

People like mediocre things.

Evidence: Twilight.

Not even a few minutes ago you told me you weren't bashing WoW. This is bashing WoW, considering you're saying the game wasn't playable. It was, I was there, and aside from occasional lag spikes and disconnects on the first day or 2, I had 0 problems with WoW from then until now. Yes they weren't ready for the influx of players, but that just shows how popular it became in such a short period of time.

That wasn't bashing WoW, it was objective truth. WoW was the same kind of "unplayable" when it was released as people are now claiming tha SWTOR is...except worse than what people are complaining about for SWTOR. Sure, you could log in and run about and do a little questing, but there were issues out the wazoo. "Occassional lag spikes"? More like "power point slide show with random disconnects." Balance was all kinds of screwed up...take it from someone who played a shaman from day one, listened to the constant avalanche of "nerf shammies" whining and then spent the rest of the time playing WoW wondering when the shaman class would be bent over for the next anal nerf batting in favor of paladins, Blizzard's most favorite class ever to exist. graphical glitches and a whole host of other things. WoW absolutely qualified as "unplayable" using the meaning of the word as people on these forums are using it to apply to SWTOR. Unless you want to admit that SWTOR isn't "unplayable"? Thought so...cling to that unjustified anger and disappointment....it's what makes you feel alive.

I wish those charts overlayed holidays, back to work, back to school. etc.

Remember SWTOR released when the Christian world was on Holiday, so the majority of people who wanted to play could, now we are all back at work, we have to sort out our lives etc before we can play games.

The biggest flaw is the increase in population cap per server.

Say at launch, HEAVY was 2000 players.

Now, say that server had 2200 players on it. That site would report it as "HEAVY", give it a 3 (I think) and put it in it's formula.

But let's say the cap rises, and now the HEAVY cap is 2500.

That server is now "STANDARD". Heck, it could GAIN players, but the overall average of the servers would be lower without the population moving even an inch.

As we've heard, the population caps on most, if not all servers were increased, so from launch, of course the aggregate is going to go down, because inherently, with the cap increase, not all servers kept their Population Designation, even though the poplulation could have stayed the same/even increased.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great site. I just wish people would stop misusing the information.