So the game isnt dead.

Halofax

Well, the biodrones flock to negative threads to play white knight, so it's only fair.
Well you misread the OP anyhow. A lot of people said the 20th no one would be playing. Multiple people said "Have fun playing by yourself on the 20th" or "Have fun with your 3 friends" (real ***** on this forum) So yeah he is right and they are wrong. And it is funny for people to start saying "Uhhh wait two more days!" its like that guy the predicted the end of the world.......and got it wrong 3 times.:cool:

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In exactly the same way that fanboys (hate the word, but there's no alternative) will flock to a constructively negative post and flame it.

This thread isn't constructive at all, and I'm fairly sure that by the TOS Bioware should lock it. But they won't. Because it's positive.:rolleyes:

i expect fanboy responses because *gasp* this is the forum for the game they like. Logic is fun when you use it. The trolls just want to hate because they have nothing to go back to. You think they wana crawl back to orgrimmar and sit on their mount in front of the AH? LOL

You might want to double-check and make sure EA didn't "forget" to cancel your sub. You have to specifically do it from the /cancel page or it will re-up automatically.

I have, and it's cancelled as well as my CC details removed. I did it a couple of weeks ago so I know it's definitely done. I am going to renew, but not for a few days as I'm going away, I didn't want to waste game time.

In exactly the same way that fanboys (hate the word, but there's no alternative) will flock to a constructively negative post and flame it.

This thread isn't constructive at all, and I'm fairly sure that by the TOS Bioware should lock it. But they won't. Because it's positive.:rolleyes:

You must not be paying much attention to these forums. They lock a lot of the positive threads too. They closed the ones about EA stock rising this morning and merged it with the one from yesterday.

Why do you think someone who plans on quitting would be grinding out those last few levels they wont ever see again?

This is so asinine.

Not everyone makes up their minds like that.

As of Wednesday night I was unsubbed. I still hadn't decided for sure if I was going to re-up. But my guild is begging people to stay around and I decided it's not exactly a ton of money. But not everyone is in the "I hate TOR" or "I love TOR SO MUCH" category. In fact I would wager MOST of us are somewhere in-between, and take longer to make that final decision.

They said the same thing about WAR.

Which is still financially successful for EA and Mythic and has a dedicated playerbase that love the game.

Your point?

The MMO industry is not a "there can only be one" industry.

You don't fail by not becoming he biggest boy on the block.

BTW i get on average, at least 4 positive threads a day locked or deleted.

Bioware doesnt only lock negative threads.

Some people are unaware that things are going on behind the scenes that dont involve them.

I actually rage nightly that im not allowed to defend the game.

I like the game, I've played to 50 now, I'll probably stay subbed for a little while.

I think the truth is just that the game got hyped way too hard, and its not blowing away the industry like everyone has been claiming it will for years now.

Maybe I'm just at a different stage in my life, or maybe this game just doesn't have the flare it needed; whatever the case, this doesn't feel as fun or addicting as when I first played WoW, even if it makes me die a little to say it.

You must not be paying much attention to these forums. They lock a lot of the positive threads too. They closed the ones about EA stock rising this morning and merged it with the one from yesterday.

Merging != Locking/deleting, that's just moving the conversation. Not ending it.

Which is still financially successful for EA and Mythic and has a dedicated playerbase that love the game.

Your point?

The MMO industry is not a "there can only be one" industry.

You don't fail by not becoming he biggest boy on the block.

Before swtor release: "WoW is dead! This game is going to be #1 baby, GOGOGO!"

After swtor release: "It doesn't matter, you don't need to be #1 to be successful.. *tear*"

The game isn't dead, but death within the first month or first few months is pretty rare for an MMO, and anyone who thought it would happen right away was kidding themselves. The real test is the full year. I've got a six month subscription, and I don't regret it, but unless the game's in a SIGNIFICANTLY improved state at the end of those six months, there won't be another six months. We need more endgame, we need better technical optimization of the game (and that one's hard since so much of the trouble there lies with the engine itself), and we need to fix PvP. I don't know about fixing Ilum. I think Ilum's always going to have problems. But we at least need better alternatives.

Bracketing warzones helped a LOT. That, to me, is the glorious shining jewel that's emerged from patch 1.1, because just adding a level 50 bracket went a VERY long way towards balancing warzones out. The problem is that we need MORE. We need more things to do. Add another warzone or two, find ways to build around the faction imbalance, figure out world PvP that doesn't fall into Ilum's traps, etc. I'm hardly a dedicated PvPer, but I like to be able to jump into it now and again, and we need it to be better-executed.

We also need more operations, more high-level flashpoints, more endgame stuff in general.

Before swtor release: "WoW is dead! This game is going to be #1 baby, GOGOGO!"

After swtor release: "It doesn't matter, you don't need to be #1 to be successful.. *tear*"

ha. this game would never have knocked WoW off it's pedistal. wishful thinking all along.

Well you misread the OP anyhow. A lot of people said the 20th no one would be playing. Multiple people said "Have fun playing by yourself on the 20th" or "Have fun with your 3 friends" (real ***** on this forum) So yeah he is right and they are wrong. And it is funny for people to start saying "Uhhh wait two more days!" its like that guy the predicted the end of the world.......and got it wrong 3 times.:cool:

Successful trolls were successful.

You folks keep telling yourself the game is dying. Maybe you'll actually convince yourself of it at some point.

I was fighting for spawns with folks on the dailies this morning at 6 a.m. I've had to wait in queues this week. I've seen games with half the content of this game survive for years. This game will be just fine next week.

The game aint dead, but i noticed a significant decrease in #'s on imp fleet. I finished my class quest and it was epic, but corellia was absolutely empty i felt so alone. I don't know the future of this game, but it needs to do something quick because as it is the community is crumbling at a rapid rate

The game isn't dead, but death within the first month or first few months is pretty rare for an MMO, and anyone who thought it would happen right away was kidding themselves. The real test is the full year. I've got a six month subscription, and I don't regret it, but unless the game's in a SIGNIFICANTLY improved state at the end of those six months, there won't be another six months. We need more endgame, we need better technical optimization of the game (and that one's hard since so much of the trouble there lies with the engine itself), and we need to fix PvP. I don't know about fixing Ilum. I think Ilum's always going to have problems. But we at least need better alternatives.

Bracketing warzones helped a LOT. That, to me, is the glorious shining jewel that's emerged from patch 1.1, because just adding a level 50 bracket went a VERY long way towards balancing warzones out. The problem is that we need MORE. We need more things to do. Add another warzone or two, find ways to build around the faction imbalance, figure out world PvP that doesn't fall into Ilum's traps, etc. I'm hardly a dedicated PvPer, but I like to be able to jump into it now and again, and we need it to be better-executed.

We also need more operations, more high-level flashpoints, more endgame stuff in general.

WoW has one endgame raid.

The game aint dead, but i noticed a significant decrease in #'s on imp fleet. I finished my class quest and it was epic, but corellia was absolutely empty i felt so alone. I don't know the future of this game, but it needs to do something quick because as it is the community is crumbling at a rapid rate

No it isnt, 215 servers is a ludicrously high number, even for a wildly successful mmo.

You folks keep telling yourself the game is dying. Maybe you'll actually convince yourself of it at some point.

I was fighting for spawns with folks on the dailies this morning at 6 a.m. I've had to wait in queues this week. I've seen games with half the content of this game survive for years. This game will be just fine next week.

What server are you on?! (don't need to answer that).

My server has not had a queue like..ever. I don't think very many servers are having queues now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.