Hoodless Chest Options for Jedi Knights

Rishfee

Just as the title says.

When players were shown preview images of Jedi Knights, only one of them ever had a hood (the second-stage Jedi Sentinel in the Jedi Knight progression video). Guardians and Sentinels were almost always shown wearing robes that had the hood pulled back, and for the longest time, that's what we expected when we finally went to try and get those pieces of gear.

However, from the moment you leave Tython till you finish Act 3, near every single piece of gear, fully modable or not, has a hood on it. The only one I could ever find was the Aspiring Knight's Vest, a level 11 fully modable piece of Medium Armor.

While the reason for this change is something that doesn't really matter at this point (since this is what we're stuck with), I would like to request to the developers that more of the hoodless chest piece armor, that are already available in game to players on the Imperial side, be added to the Republic side so that Jedi Knight players can enjoy them as well (and taking modable gear from Troopers and Smugglers should not be an answer).

What's odd is that many hoodless versions of our current hooded heavy and medium armor robes used to be available in "the good beta" (the beta before the last two beta builds that were used for the release version of the game).

NPCs are still wearing them, too.

I'm pretty sure that every single hooded robe has a counterpart with the hood pulled back. Bioware would just have to implement a Hood up/down toggle (similar to show headpiece, but ideally via /hood command or even keybind) where it switches the model between the hooded and non-hooded version of the cloak you're wearing.

Yeah, I know Bioware said it's difficult to implement, but I beg to differ, unless there are no talented programmers left at Bioware at all, which I sincerely doubt.

Edited by Glzmo

A hood toggle would be the BEST solution, however I'd settle for and hood down robes in the meantime.

Your Jedi Knights are paying customers too, Bioware. All of your promotional material showed robes with hoods down. Why you decided pre-launch that all Jedi Knights had to be bald and wear hoods, I don't know, but I blame your obvious Sith fetish.

If a toggle would be too difficult to implement, for whatever coding reason, but the art already exists for hood up and hood down for every piece of armor, then just have both available at the commendation traders/armor vendor and an equal chance for either type to drop.

Also, I am not a fan of the perma-hood thing either.. my level 47 Sentinel is wearing a moddable smuggler chest piece for the last 15+ levels

Just as the title says.

When players were shown preview images of Jedi Knights, only one of them ever had a hood (the second-stage Jedi Sentinel in the Jedi Knight progression video). Guardians and Sentinels were almost always shown wearing robes that had the hood pulled back, and for the longest time, that's what we expected when we finally went to try and get those pieces of gear.

However, from the moment you leave Tython till you finish Act 3, near every single piece of gear, fully modable or not, has a hood on it. The only one I could ever find was the Aspiring Knight's Vest, a level 11 fully modable piece of Medium Armor.

While the reason for this change is something that doesn't really matter at this point (since this is what we're stuck with), I would like to request to the developers that more of the hoodless chest piece armor, that are already available in game to players on the Imperial side, be added to the Republic side so that Jedi Knight players can enjoy them as well (and taking modable gear from Troopers and Smugglers should not be an answer).

All robes should have the ability to put the hood up/down

Either a hood-toggle, or some hoodless Jedi Knight Robes either avaliable through purchase or quests would be nice. Forexample that Coruscant quest where you receive a non-modded jedi robe at the end. I'd gladly pay credits for a non-hooded option too :)

I notice that certain helmets makes my hood go away when I inspect them. I haven't reached the level yet to actually use them but would they make the hood disappear even if I have helmet display off?

/Signed

What's the point of having the ability to Hide/Show Head Slot if the Knights all are FORCED to wear Hoods.

Same for Inquisitors.

I want the CHOICE to have my head/face covered & for these classes the Choice has been taken away. :confused:

Edited by KrazieFox