PvP 'DPS' Immortal Build 32/7/2

Schwarzwald

What exactly is your "heavy hitter" in this build? You don't have Crushing Blow, you don't go deep enough to get Impale either. You don't have Shien form so I guess you are using Soresu, but i just don't see what this build brings to the table. It feels like you want smash to hit hard but it won't even come close to a rage spec. You aren't boosting ravage with Ravager which seems crazy since ravage hits like a truck now. There are no abilities here that will take significant chunks of health away.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101GrGzuzMdfzZcMMZMz.1

This is what I am running right now. I don't try to go for top DPS numbers, but this gives me 2 heavy hitters with ravage and Crushing blow(both can give me 3-4K crits on occasion and almost always crit for 2.5K+), It gives all the survivability bonuses from Immortal, the free spammable snare, the ability to in 2 gcd put the max sunder debuff on a target and maximum CC. I am almost always tops in medal earnings.

I won't advocate this as a be all, end all build but it suits my play style perfectly, and it works really well as a PVE tank spec as well.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't Ravager be a better investment than Decimate given we now know that Ravage does a huge amount of damage, indeed it is our highest damage ability?

2 smashes for every ravage, +28% vs +8%, AoE vs single target, instant vs 3-sec channel, also Smash feeds into our tanking ability with Acc decrease.

you decide:D

Edited by theunwarshed

2 smashes for every ravage, +28% vs +8%, AoE vs single target, instant vs 3-sec channel, also Smash feeds into our tanking ability with Acc decrease.

you decide:D

But lets look at max damage potential then. 2 smashes with Decimate = maybe, maybe 5k if they both crit, given that build

Ravage has a potential for 7-8k if all three hits crit, but a min damage of around 4k if none crit. As for the 3 sec channel vs instant, Smash is the easiest instant cast in the game to interrupt, since a kb or a stun anytime during the excessively long animation will prevent the damage from happening. Ravage is really quite easy to get all 3 hits on a target, just lead in with back hand or force choke before hand, and the range of the final tick on ravage is about 10m it seems.

The accuracy debuff from quake will apply with or without decimate and lasts for longer than the CD of Smash.

When I find the time, I was going to make a whole new post, taking good posts from me and others and highlighting it into a new post with a better, more flexible title. Seeing as I put a specific build into title, which is somewhat irrelevant, I'm gunna just make a new one and request this thread be closed.

As to other recent question.

No, I don't run 2x BM relics and I never have. I still feel that the Shard Relic is still one of the BiS for PvP, even when compared to the other relics. It helps provide the highest burst potential when also being used in conjunction with another relic and stims. And to be honest, the Gear you are getting right now, you will have more then enough Crit and Surge, so using the Crit Surge relic is a waste of time for Warriors, you will just be losing alot of potential int he relic to diminishing returns. use a power relic and your shard relic.

I have a lot of questions, but for now. What do you think about the yellow yellow yellow matrix cube(str,end,def?

Wont give crit but we do have that already good amount. Instead making you little more tankier(more endurance) losing basically only 8 or something str. Personally i got this one and that too.. green cube is harder to get.

Could you please give the 1.2 version of your spec ?

And could you also tell me: I suppose you use the dps one but just to be sure; which offhand do you use ?

What do you do when ravage, crushing blow and force scream are on cd ? smash/ vicious slash?

Thanks

Edited by Queltas

What exactly is your "heavy hitter" in this build? You don't have Crushing Blow, you don't go deep enough to get Impale either. You don't have Shien form so I guess you are using Soresu, but i just don't see what this build brings to the table. It feels like you want smash to hit hard but it won't even come close to a rage spec. You aren't boosting ravage with Ravager which seems crazy since ravage hits like a truck now. There are no abilities here that will take significant chunks of health away.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#101GrGzuzMdfzZcMMZMz.1

This is what I am running right now. I don't try to go for top DPS numbers, but this gives me 2 heavy hitters with ravage and Crushing blow(both can give me 3-4K crits on occasion and almost always crit for 2.5K+), It gives all the survivability bonuses from Immortal, the free spammable snare, the ability to in 2 gcd put the max sunder debuff on a target and maximum CC. I am almost always tops in medal earnings.

I won't advocate this as a be all, end all build but it suits my play style perfectly, and it works really well as a PVE tank spec as well.

My "Heavy Hitters" are my base moves with lower cool downs and heavier hits. Look at it this way. I get an extra stun and better survivability unlimited smash for protecting doors/nodes. A spammable "slow" and I can charge at someone and ravage while they attempt to knock me back.

Ultimately the build you pick is a personal choice. I have been using this build and consistanly get around 200k - 250k dmg and around 60k protection. And yes Soresu form.... is there something else? ;-)

i like how this says... "can: pull in 9-10 medals a game if played right", i can do that as rage bashing my head against a wall every game pre medal changes.

Honestly, pre-surge nerf with this spec in january I was able to hit 17 medals at one point. With rage I was able to hit 18 due to the fact that I got the healing medals though *shrug*

i like how this says... "can: pull in 9-10 medals a game if played right", i can do that as rage bashing my head against a wall every game pre medal changes.

he isnt gloating

he is pointing out he can still achieve a decent medal count using an immortal spec

Edited by sylekta
reading comprehension fail

But lets look at max damage potential then. 2 smashes with Decimate = maybe, maybe 5k if they both crit, given that build

Ravage has a potential for 7-8k if all three hits crit, but a min damage of around 4k if none crit. As for the 3 sec channel vs instant, Smash is the easiest instant cast in the game to interrupt, since a kb or a stun anytime during the excessively long animation will prevent the damage from happening. Ravage is really quite easy to get all 3 hits on a target, just lead in with back hand or force choke before hand, and the range of the final tick on ravage is about 10m it seems.

The accuracy debuff from quake will apply with or without decimate and lasts for longer than the CD of Smash.

if i lead in with BH or FC i won't get my smashes interrupted either (just sayin');)

edit/update: my tests yesterday on the L50 pvp dummy for my build/gear/etc. showed that 2 smashes roughly equaled 1 ravage on average total damage. i can easily get off 2 of them for every 1 ravage (w/3 secs to spare). the question then becomes, do i want AoE over single target? fortunately with my build i can have both of them talented, so it's a moot point (for me).

Edited by theunwarshed

What sort of damage do pull on average in a wz?

on average, when I'm full immo I'll normally sit on average somewhere around 220-250k damage with anywhere from 30-80k defense on average. maybe higher numbers in either of those if I was focusing more on somethign really hard and what not.

as hybrid 18/23 immo veng, If i'm healed and playing well I'll do up to like 350k damage and maybe squeeze in at least 30k defense. but the longer I'm in soresu, my damage drops dramatically.

Most huttballs though, I am usually lower on the damage end because I focus on playing the objective. I'll maybe have 150k damage but I'll have around 10-15k objective points.

Edited by Schwarzwald